Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:46 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

It is known that they still want forceful repatriation privately

It is known? By whom exactly? Oh, the power of heresay is wonderful to behold.

froggeh wrote:

Now you're being stupid - I didnt say that. I think they should be allowed any policies they want. I say they go to far, because thats what I believe - not becasuse I want them stopped from saying it.

Fair enough.

froggeh wrote:

And I enjoy it.
You dont have to partake of foreign foods/shopping/religion if you don't want to, but for me in our FREE country I have the choice to do so. I dont want narrow minded people like you telling me I can't have that freedom.

If only the multicultural utopia was so. The fact is, the majority don't want to integrate, as it is human nature to stick with one's own kind. It also means, that I, and all other indigenous people of Britain, have had laws forced upon us that are totally unnessasary, and are having political correctness used as a control mechanism to tell us what we can say and do in OUR country.
Immigration goes much further than just being able to go down the road for a curry.

froggeh wrote:

Also, my girlfriend is Swedish, we are not married. She lives here with me and our son. Under your rules she wouldnt be able to?

Siggi's wife/gf is Japanese, she also wouldnt be allowed here.

My rules? I'm in no position to make rules.
Throughout the centuries, people have met and married others from other countries & cultural backgrounds. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it's hardly the same as allowing in thousands of immigrants a year is it?
Look, let's just get something straight here. I do get so tired of repeating this sort of thing thread after thread, so I hope I don't have to again after this.
There comes a time when enough is enough. If you keep yourself up to date with the news, and I'm sure you do, you will realise that there are major problems in this country today. These include house shortages, water shortages, huge strains on schools and the NHS etc, etc, etc. Also, latest reports show a rather large increase in the number of unemployed in this country.
Now, once there was a time (50s, 60s etc), when Britain needed immigrants, because of a shortage of workers.
Today, because of no real control on immigration over the decades, we are beginning to reap the whirlwind. Our small country cannot support increasing amounts of people settling here, increasing amounts of ethnic births, (particulaly amongst the Asian groups), without it having an impact overall.
This is not about hating anyone for their colour, it IS about numbers, AND the fact that instead of the 'immigrant' changing to acommodate to his/her new country, (or country of birth in many cases), the indigenous British peoples are being forced to acommodate the ethnics.
We, the indigenous people of Britain, never had a choice in immigration, it was FORCED upon us by the politicians.

froggeh wrote:

I vote for the least worst...currently Labour IMO.

And it is your right to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

didge wrote:
We, the indigenous people of Britain, never had a choice in immigration, it was FORCED upon us by the politicians.

How many generations make you indigenous? My descendants came over with William the Conquerer. Guess that makes me french.

Also. Answer me this.
Who would you have re-patriated?
What would be the criteria?

Would this include British citizens, who were born here, and have lived here all their lives?

I'm not gonna argue we shouldn't have tighter control over immigration, but
1. We owe it as one of the worlds richer nations to take our fair share of asylum seekers.
The BNP reject this as us not being an immediate neighbour of a warring/problem country - Quite a ludicrous and unfair policy, and one if all nations were to adopt would cause major problems worldwide.

2. We do still need immigrants to take up low paid jobs that the slope-headed sector of the 'indigenous' population won't do, knowing they can sit on their arses and produce countless children, claiming thousands in benefits instead; and also skilled jobs, such as doctors.

3. Who exac tly would you let through the door?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:22 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didge wrote:

If only the multicultural utopia was so. The fact is, the majority don't want to integrate, as it is human nature to stick with one's own kind.

Erm, if they all 'integrated' with our socierty, wouldn't it be some kind of single culture, rather than a 'multi' culture - does not that idea in fact suggest different cultures?
What is the specific problem you have with people having a different 'culture' to your own?

Quote:
It also means, that I, and all other indigenous people of Britain, have had laws forced upon us that are totally unnessasary,

Which in particular, are you thinking?
Personally, I don't like a lot of these 'speed limit' laws, but yet to find a way to blame muslims for that.

Quote:
and are having political correctness used as a control mechanism to tell us what we can say and do in OUR country.

Erm, the very idea of political correctness was to control what people can and can't say I thought - so I don't see the point in mentioning that.
And yes, you have /always/ been controlled on what you can and can't say in this country.

eifion
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Nick Griffin is without doubt an oudious, repugnant racist thug, I don't believe the government should continue to try him for saying islam is wicked and viscious until they get the verdict they want, or worse still, try him by one law, fail to get a conviction so then tweak the law and try him again. What's that about? Why not just make 'being Nick Griffin' an offense in itself and be done with it?

I don't know much about Islam, but I know enough about Christianity that I think the opinion that christianity is a wicked and viscious faith could be reasonably defended. Am I in trouble for saying this? For typing it? For thinking it?

There are, rightly, laws against stiring up racial hatered. But Islam is not a race. It's a religion, a set of beliefs, it's an idea essentially. It doesn't deserve the same protection as a race. You don't choose your race, so nobody should suffer offense, abuse or ridicule because of their ethnic origin. But religion is an idea. You choose to believe in it. If you choose to believe in a bunch of medieval bunkum, and someone else has a certain opinion about your belief which offends you - tough.

Making it illegal to voice an opinion that an idea is wicked and viscious (whatever the merits or accuracy of that opinion) is a very serious threat to freedom of speach in this country.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2