Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Finally got a job :D

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Finally got a job :D Reply with quote

Hey all well after been unemployed for 2 months ive finally got a job , working nights at morrisons Laughing 7.80 an hour so its not that bad

Anyway how can i get into a nocturnal sleeping pattern?
never worked nights before so i was thinking about trying to keep myself up while about 5am and sleeping through the day.

You reckon thats what i should do? cheers

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:55 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean you will be on BCF less often?

Praying
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Finally got a job :D Reply with quote

dransy wrote:
Anyway how can i get into a nocturnal sleeping pattern?
never worked nights before so i was thinking about trying to keep myself up while about 5am and sleeping through the day.

You reckon thats what i should do? cheers

Nice one fella Thumbs Up

Nights are piss easy after a while, learning to sleep during the day comes easy enough, if your tired then you'll sleep even during the summer when people are cutting the grass Wink

I'm a nurse and work stupid shift rotas and paterns including nights. I dont even sleep before my 1st night shift as I'm usually looking after my son when the wifes at work and after a while you just get used to it.

Get ready to feel sick and nauseous as you will be eating in the middle of the morning. At 0300 your blood sugar will sink like a stone and everyone walks around like an extra from Dawn of the Dead, its the same sort of time that everyone goes really quiet.

I hate nights because they are just so boring in my job but go quick enough if your busy and occupied.

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah cos it means i can fix my bike and actually go out.

So you dont have to worry Jon B
Laughing

I know youll miss me really Wink

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Dransy! Hope it works out for you.

It's a good time to start working nights as the days aren't that bright as to keep you awake. Have never done that so can't give any useful advice, though.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you struggle with sleeping in the day because of light get some black out curtains, I got some in my room, its like thick curtains that hang behind your normal ones, its like night time even during the day with them closed.

Ive never worked nights though, so good luck Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 18:54 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn morrisons night shift pays quite well

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, I might appply myself. 7.80 Is good enough for me!

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did 3 shifts for a few months as training when I entered and started at Fab(Clean Room). Shift change day from night shift to morning shift was nightmare. I damaged one lot cause I was half sleeping. And I got nice punch from Process Manager.

superstacker
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:01 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in the RAF so im used to being put on nights, usually for a guard shift!

Before going onto nights try and get a little sleep during the day and just plough into it. You'll feel a bit crap on the first one, and you'll sleep straight away when you finish.

Ive found it takes about three nights to get fully into the system, and then your set. Longest continuous shift i did on nights was about three weeks in IRAQ, and started to feel a bit shitty by then as i never seemed to see much daylight.

When you finish on your last shift, stay awake, or have a little sleep, then go out and get wrecked! that puts you nicely back into social day mode.

hope this helps Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1