Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

German doctor to pay Child support!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: German doctor to pay Child support! Reply with quote

And you thought the UK had some daft things going on!
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6155200.stm

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see anything wrong with that. If the doctor makes a mistake resulting in an unwanted and unaffordable pregnancy, s/he or the trust employing him/her, should be expected to compensate for the considerable expense of bringing up a child, especially if it leads to the (in this case, single) mother having to give up her job/career.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 21:10 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they've never heard of abortion?

Been a while since this was ranted about, so I thought I'd kick it off.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:54 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:
Can't see anything wrong with that.

That kid is really going to love it when they learn about how they're an unwanted mistake that their parents were paid compensation for. Laughing

If the parents didnt want the kid than thats pretty much what abortions are for.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some countries abortions are very difficult to get. Also, some women can't bear to do that, or have religious objections.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is incredibly easy to get a newborn adopted if they didnt want it and were anti-abortion.

The doctor performed the op in good faith. This is utterly ridiculous. What will happen is women will not be able to get the procedure for fear of reprisals.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:15 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:
Can't see anything wrong with that. If the doctor makes a mistake resulting in an unwanted and unaffordable pregnancy, s/he or the trust employing him/her, should be expected to compensate for the considerable expense of bringing up a child, especially if it leads to the (in this case, single) mother having to give up her job/career.

That's bollocks. Contraceptives even when used correctly are not 100% regardless. Take the rough with the smooth, if you have sex you run the risk of pregnancy.

That's life . . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point here is that it obviously wasn't inserted correctly. Medical negligence. Should doctors now pull this particular method may not be a bad thing if they don't know how to insert it properly in the first place. As the manufacturer of the implant wouldn't be happy with decreased sales, they'd make sure to train the health care professionals better.

What choices you give to this woman: abortion and/or giving up her baby for adoption if she can't look after it without this financial support.

For whatever reason, she didn't get an abortion and maybe, after the baby was born, she found that she couldn't give him/her up. I think it's only fair that the negligent doctor, or the health authority employing him/her, should help her to bring up this baby.

The fact that the doctor pays child support doesn't necessarily make the child feel that s/he is an 'unwanted mistake'. Mistake, yes, but obviously not an unwanted one, as the mother chose to keep him/her. I know three 'unwanted mistake' children, all of whom know they were very much not planned, and in one case, almost terminated, and none of them harbour any bad feelings towards the parents.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 17:31 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple answer is to refuse to give women any contraceptive help in the future. Thumbs Up

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:

I think it's only fair that the negligent doctor, or the health authority employing him/her, should help her to bring up this baby.

So if a condom splits are someone becomes pregnant, the manufacturer is liable?

Get real. The risks are, have sex, maybe get pregnant. People need to stop looking for ways to blame someone else for everything bad that happens to them.

Shit happens, the sooner you learn to deal with it, the sooner you can make a better life for yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 18 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:
The whole point here is that it obviously wasn't inserted correctly. Medical negligence.

Not necessarily. In any given sample there are "freaks". I'm inclined to agree with m99dws on this one.

strawberry
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:43 - 18 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the doctor in question did act negligently that's one thing (having not read the case/evidence I wouldn't feel I could comment either way) and an action for negligence could be the answer. However, the idea that if a contraceptive fails someone else must be held liable is utter tosh. Not even abstinence is 100% safe; various methods of contraception have much talked about effectiveness rates etc.

It's fairly simple, if you agree to the kind of behaviours that can result in pregnancy don't go bleating to other people that your contraception didn't work and make them take the blame. It happens. Deal with it. And yes, if the child wasn't wanted then the options available to the woman are abortion or adoption; a fact she would (I imagine and hope given her educational level) have been aware of before she got pregnant in the first place.

Ill-thought out legal actions are likely to result in doctors practising defensive medicine (look at the obscenely high caesarean rates in USA births as an example), a 'progression' in the medical field we could well do without.

*edit for shoddy spelling/grammar moment*

Last edited by strawberry on 16:52 - 18 Nov 2006; edited 1 time in total

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 14:58 - 18 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should sue my driving instructor for all the times I got done speeding - he obviously didn't do a good job. Never mind the fact it was over 20 years ago and he's dead, it's still his fault.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My driving instructor got done for sexually assaulting one of his pupils not long after he finished teaching me. I'm not sure whose fault that was Confused

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 12:41 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:
The whole point here is that it obviously wasn't inserted correctly.

When selecting a method of contraception the risks are discussed and made clear. No one method of contraception will prevent 100% of pregnancies, and that is why every woman receiving contraception needs to be aware of her body and as soon as she fears she may be pregnant she must see her GP. The article also mentions that the implant could not be found six months later, how did the woman not notice that it was missing?! There should be a level of personal responsibility. Don't want to become pregnant? Take every precaution possible. Choose not to have an abortion/take a morning after pill? Accept the responsibility of having a child and don't look elsewhere for support.

If this is something that spreads across Europe we will see an increase in GPs not offering contraceptive services and where will that leave us!? Millions of unloved, unwanted sprogs running round. Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were told that my wife couldn't have children, we now have a 2 and a half year old. Should I sue the doctors or love the child we have?

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:21 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dainesefreak wrote:
We were told that my wife couldn't have children, we now have a 2 and a half year old. Should I sue the doctors or love the child we have?

Both. Sue the doc and love your child in secret! Razz

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret child love is not a good phrase to use on the internet in this day and age. Wink

It's not like I didn't have fun in the process either.

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been numerous cases now where doctors, surgeons etc have been sued/prosecuted for errors, mistakes, maybe even negligence. BUT it really must not happen unless it truly is found to be criminal.

Already the various medical journals are filled with articles about what might happen it this trend continues... and it will simply be the doctor/surgeon holding his hands up before the patient and saying 'I won't touch this case it's to risky, sorry' and walking away. Indeed this has already started happening in the states where a surgeon was unable to save someone in A&E and was found guilty of man-slaughter Confused

Their job is difficult enough without the threat of actually being sued/prosecuted for mistakes. They can and do happen - they are human to. They are however the only ones who can do the job so if they were to start being selective... what then?

nc30 chick
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:45 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also cant see how it 'went missing', you have a follow up check up 3 months after insertion to check the placement and you can see and feel it under your skin aswell. I think she should take some responsibility and realise that even the implant isnt 100% protection.

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody women! Laughing
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a crock of shit. Evil or Very Mad no contraceptive is 100% effective, and no-one can predict with 100% certianty the behavior of a foreign object in a human body, six months down the line.

if you want a 100% guarantee that you dont get pregnant, dont fuck!!

if you dont want it now, give it up for adoption........ Exclamation
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 178 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1