Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mobile telephone contract questions

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Mobile telephone contract questions Reply with quote

How do contract mobile phones work in this day and age? Everywhere in papers etc you see deals advertised where you get a fantastic phone paying £xx a month, but can you get a contract sim on its own, without phone rental included?

If so, what would be a good contract sim deal?

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into most shops, they can offer you a SIM only contract. I know O2 do an online sim only contract.

bostonshirede...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nath, what abouts you looking for?

i work for carphone warehouse, contracts nowadays have come on a lot tbh, u can get the lastest phones with discount off the first few months of a contract, and then after that period change your contract down to one where you pay less

basically my advice is if u spend over 15 pound a month on pay as you go, go contract, it'll work out cheaper, if not, stick with pay as you go

You can pick up just a sim card from any good phone shop, usually about 10 n comes with 5 pound credit

hope that helps

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:49 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bostonshiredemon wrote:
nath, what abouts you looking for?

i work for carphone warehouse, contracts nowadays have come on a lot tbh, u can get the lastest phones with discount off the first few months of a contract, and then after that period change your contract down to one where you pay less

basically my advice is if u spend over 15 pound a month on pay as you go, go contract, it'll work out cheaper, if not, stick with pay as you go

You can pick up just a sim card from any good phone shop, usually about 10 n comes with 5 pound credit

hope that helps

the one annoyance I don't like about contracts though is your # stays the same , while with 100s of sim cards, I can change them just like that,

love them and leave them and not be left with endless calls and or death threats which I get now and again as I made enemies in a few places.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1