Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Finally passed :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JimmyGulp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Finally passed :) Reply with quote

Hurrah, finally passed my bike test, on the 4th appearance at the test centre... However, only ever took 2 of the tests.

First test was cancelled because the examiner "forgot" his radios. Second I failed cause I did the u-turn with the side stand down (I never forget it now though Smile )
3rd test was cancelled because it was "too windy" (but it wasn't).
4th test, passed, with 0 minors! Hurrah Smile

Having the examiner in his car for the last test was good cause it gave me a chance to lose him a bit when pulling out of junctions, plus, he got to see the idiot in a Focus ride right on my back tyre, before pulling around me to fly left at a red light...

Anyway, passed, which is good. I'm now commuting the 45miles to work (and 45miles back) on a T-reg SV650s, which is lots of fun Smile
____________________
Time is an illusion, Lunchtime doubly so.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Victor-Charlie
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 03 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Jimmy.

What kind of excuse do they give for forgetting the radio, I'm sure I'd tell them to get stuffed... What amateurs.

Still well done my friend.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bishbash
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:36 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate. How did you put it in gear with the stand down. I thought all bikes had that saftey measure in place when you put it in gear and the stand is down the engine will cut out! What bike did you ride on?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

peppa pig
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stiffler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! And I'm very impressed by the commute of 90 miles a day... Not sure I'd be able to cope with that every day.

Tim
____________________
Current Bikes - Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) | BMW G650GS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JimmyGulp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishbash wrote:
Well done mate. How did you put it in gear with the stand down. I thought all bikes had that saftey measure in place when you put it in gear and the stand is down the engine will cut out! What bike did you ride on?

The ER-5 only does it when you let the clutch out, as far as I'm aware, so either the switch was slightly out of place and didn't trip as I was slipping it, or the switch is broken...

However, the SV650 cuts out as soon as the side stand comes down (if its in gear), which seems more sensible.

Victor-Charlie wrote:
What kind of excuse do they give for forgetting the radio, I'm sure I'd tell them to get stuffed... What amateurs.

The examiner said that the radios he was expecting to use weren't in the office, and that some other examiner must have taken them. My instructor told me that they have their own radios, so yes, set of amateurs, all tucked up in their office drinking tea and doing the crossword Wink
____________________
Time is an illusion, Lunchtime doubly so.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

treesey200
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats mate.

well done and enjoy Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
____________________
DAS passed OCT 06. Bike Honda Hornet FS 600 02 plate lovely!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bishbash
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyGulp wrote:

The ER-5 only does it when you let the clutch out, as far as I'm aware, so either the switch was slightly out of place and didn't trip as I was slipping it, or the switch is broken...



my god these guys sound good Rolling Eyes Once again congrats! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phatstorage
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:37 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Finally passed :) Reply with quote

JimmyGulp wrote:
I'm now commuting the 45miles to work (and 45miles back) on a T-reg SV650s, which is lots of fun Smile


Shocked every day?
that must cost abit on fuel huh?
Hope you got AA or RAC backup for that. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JimmyGulp
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:36 - 30 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Finally passed :) Reply with quote

phatstorage wrote:
that must cost abit on fuel huh?

It should be a bit cheaper than in the car, had to fill that up twice a week, at 30quid a pop. Flippin petrol prices Sad

As for breakdown cover, I got some cover with my insurance, though I think I'll have a proper look around when I get the chance Smile
____________________
Time is an illusion, Lunchtime doubly so.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 66.03 Kb