Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Boo Blair and get searched in accordance with the terror act

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 11:44 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Boo Blair and get searched in accordance with the terror act Reply with quote

Marvelous, its now an offence to Boo Tony B'lair. All in the name of increased security against the Muslim terrorist.

Quote:

BLAIR FACED CHEEK
Paul Routledge

INSPECTOR Idiot of the Met police was on duty in Whitehall for Queen's Speech day. He ordered two constables to search Peter Murray, 48, an award winning male nurse, for shouting "boo" at Tony Blair's limousine.

https://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=blair-faced-cheek-&method=full&objectid=18109813&siteid=94762-name_page.html

Last edited by craigie b on 14:24 - 20 Nov 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 11:57 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
INSPECTOR Idiot of the Met police was on duty in Whitehall for Queen's Speech day. He ordered two constables to search Peter Murray, 48, an award winning male nurse, for shouting "boo" at Tony Blair's limousine.

They also took his name, abusing their powers under Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000. It is now an offence to be rude about the Prime Minister in public. Tshirts with the slogan "B******s to Blair" can land you in jail.

I don't know who's more stupid, the politicians who make the laws, or the police who enforce them with such dumb enthusiasm.

I don't see anything about an arrest being made.

I also read it as him shouting "Boo!!" like we did when we were kids and had sneaked up behind someone, slightly different from actually booing Blair (a noble goal) and more open to misinterpretation.(or abuse, if you like)

Edit: I forgot, you also have to look at the provenance of the story - the Sunday Mirror's most Blair-hating columnist!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 12:17 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yes I chose to ignore the fact it came from the Sunday Mail.

Quote:
I also read it as him shouting "Boo!!" like we did when we were kids and had sneaked up behind someone

Laughing Your absolutely right, there are many types of "boo" and some could be seen as extremely dangerous and definitely a good use of police time to search the offending Booer and take his details.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 12:39 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarcasm aside, there is a world of difference between someone booing a politician, and someone shouting in an attempt to alarm or intimidate, especially in this climate. One would also assume that the Mirror's fearless leftwing armchair pundit will have present the story in the way most embarrassing to the police and Blair, rather than as it actually happened!

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:49 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your trying to tell me there are threatening boo's and non threatening boo's against a limousine?

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:55 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
rather than as it actually happened!

Ahem, and labour could not be accussed of doing exactly the same?

BTW

https://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article1993604.ece

Story again from a different perspective.

Quote:
A nurse, Peter Murray, who saw Blair whizzing past in his bullet-proof chauffeur-driven car shouted out "boo, boo"........

Two burly policemen approached, searched him and took down his address and telephone number. They were acting, they said, in accordance with Section 44 of the Terrorism Act of 2000.

So he got searched under the terrorism act for shouting boo.....where is this country going?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

fascist totalitarian state , pretty much ,

Complain to the IPPC , submit an Ultra Vires complaint make them lose their pensions.

note Ulta Vires is to go beyond ones powers,

it'll go on the reasonable suspicion ,

human rights act 98 will make you win,
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Sarcasm aside, there is a world of difference between someone booing a politician, and someone shouting in an attempt to alarm or intimidate, especially in this climate. One would also assume that the Mirror's fearless leftwing armchair pundit will have present the story in the way most embarrassing to the police and Blair, rather than as it actually happened!

what like Walterwolf gang a couple years back? , arrested as a terrorist? ,had the TV cameras not caught this event , he'd have been found in a field having suicided.

don't believe me? , remember Andew Gilligan? , they well tried to off him , they said he was suicidal , he immediately rebuked these claims.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 14:24 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed the title so it was more accurate. Just for you MJ Laughing Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1