Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Roadside Fingerprinting

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 26 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not fussed about what they do to make catching criminals easyer aslong as it doesnt affect me, although I do see a "vicimisation of bikers" problem being routene stops to check cans and whatnot, although I dont have anything to hide, (done the crb check thing) it could be seen as a breach of civil rights. You could argu the case that all people coming into the country should have there fingerprints taken automaticly but then by saying that you should also have to agree for yours to be taken if you are caught breaking the law. If they do it for routene stops like the "your back light was flickering mate, could you blow into this and give us your finger prints please" I dont think the people will entirely go for it.

Im all for ID cards though, always have been but there will always be the "police state feeling" we have photo driving licences, thats a start and it doesnt bother me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:25 - 26 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
I'm thinking "iceberg" and "tip".

Indeed, but we have nothing to worry about. Rolling Eyes

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:30 - 26 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we can vote 'New Labour' out of power, but to put who in? The Tories are looking at the 'Third Way' and thinking 'How the f*ck did they get away with it?'. Even if we put the Tories in, they'll just continue in exactly the same direction as things are already going in. 'Neo-con' has exactly the same meaning as 'Neo-fascist'. 'The Third Way' is a term invented by Mosely.

Democracy is just an illusion. In any form of society, there will always be those who want more power and to profit from that power. Freedom of speech is an illusion. The right to a fair trial is an illusion. The right to protest peacefully is an illusion (see the Chinese Head of State's visit to London a while ago).

We are increasingly concerned with buying more consumables to divert ourselves from the reality of the state we live in. We are no more free now than people were under the feudal system. The only difference is that in the Middle Ages, people knew they were enslaved. Now, most people believe they are free because they have silver BMWs and plasma TV screens and a wide choice of washing machines.

The very technology that makes people feel they have a better quality of life than previous generations is what is used by the State to control them. And all the time people continue on in this state of blissful ignorance. Religion used to be the opiate of the people; now it is technology. It is not called 'The Triumph of Capitalism' for nothing. There is no way back.

Thought-crime is not so very far away. We are already numbers and worker drones. There is more freedom in a bee-hive.

I worry for my son.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 26 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:

You are wrong.

Think we'll have to agree to differ on this one... Smile

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:

I'm thinking "iceberg" and "tip".

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2471987,00.html

Heard about that on Radio 1 this morning.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:25 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

CortezTheKiller wrote:

Thought-crime is not so very far away. We are already numbers and worker drones.

Hardly a new thing - pretty much had this concept in the past with various religious based ruling organisations.

I'm not suggesting society is in a good state; just that's it's always been in a pretty crappy state.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_MC21 wrote:
If you've ever been to Luton,

I try not to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:17 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
CortezTheKiller wrote:

Thought-crime is not so very far away. We are already numbers and worker drones.

Hardly a new thing - pretty much had this concept in the past with various religious based ruling organisations.

I'm not suggesting society is in a good state; just that's it's always been in a pretty crappy state.

Yeah...the fact that I was saying that it was the same in the Middle Ages would suggest that I wasn't claiming it to be a new thing.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

CortezTheKiller wrote:
Yeah we can vote 'New Labour' out of power, but to put who in? The Tories are looking at the 'Third Way' and thinking 'How the f*ck did they get away with it?'. Even if we put the Tories in, they'll just continue in exactly the same direction as things are already going in. 'Neo-con' has exactly the same meaning as 'Neo-fascist'. 'The Third Way' is a term invented by Mosely.

Democracy is just an illusion. In any form of society, there will always be those who want more power and to profit from that power. Freedom of speech is an illusion. The right to a fair trial is an illusion. The right to protest peacefully is an illusion (see the Chinese Head of State's visit to London a while ago).

We are increasingly concerned with buying more consumables to divert ourselves from the reality of the state we live in. We are no more free now than people were under the feudal system. The only difference is that in the Middle Ages, people knew they were enslaved. Now, most people believe they are free because they have silver BMWs and plasma TV screens and a wide choice of washing machines.

The very technology that makes people feel they have a better quality of life than previous generations is what is used by the State to control them. And all the time people continue on in this state of blissful ignorance. Religion used to be the opiate of the people; now it is technology. It is not called 'The Triumph of Capitalism' for nothing. There is no way back.

Thought-crime is not so very far away. We are already numbers and worker drones. There is more freedom in a bee-hive.

I worry for my son.

Although I agree with about 1% of this, in that there is no such thing as absolute freedom, nor should there be.

I am pretty much free. I can travel to almost any country in the world, I am free to do esentially most of what I want to do, so long as I'm not hurting someone else.
We have to have rules. We aren't all gonna agree with all the rules, because of what we are...human... We all have different ideas of what those rules should be...
Our government fucks us about too much, and they will get voted out. I happen to think the current one has done a reasonable job. Not perfect by any means, but reasonable. I have a house, a car and a bike, and spare cash.

I just don't understand why you, and others have such a negative view of the world, and in particular, this country. I also fear for your son, but not for the reasons you do. I fear you will instill your negativity onto him. I am very much positive about my son's prospects, and future.

And I'm sorry to give you a "I disagree" rating, but I just feel you take it way over the top. :/

The world is what you make of it.

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:15 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

Our government fucks us about too much, and they will get voted out. I happen to think the current one has done a reasonable job. Not perfect by any means, but reasonable. I have a house, a car and a bike, and spare cash.

My point exactly. Because you have a few material possessions, you're happy to believe everything is alright.

Quote:
I just don't understand why you, and others have such a negative view of the world, and in particular, this country. I also fear for your son, but not for the reasons you do. I fear you will instill your negativity onto him. I am very much positive about my son's prospects, and future.

Just watch the news. If you're happy to live in a state of ignorance, then good for you. You don't need to worry about my son. He's only three and I don't think he'd understand Marxist philosophy just yet. He's being brought up to make his own mind up about what he sees rather than swallow the purveyed dogma.

Quote:
And I'm sorry to give you a "I disagree" rating, but I just feel you take it way over the top. :/

That's ok. I don't take it personally. You are allowed to disagree with me. But don't wear a T-shirt saying 'Bollocks to Blair' or you will get arrested.

Quote:
The world is what you make of it.

The world is what you're allowed to make of it.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

CortezTheKiller wrote:

My point exactly. Because you have a few material possessions, you're happy to believe everything is alright.

No, I understand there are problems. I watch the news, and of course I am dismayed by bad news. But there is also alot to be thankful about.

Quote:

Just watch the news. If you're happy to live in a state of ignorance, then good for you. You don't need to worry about my son. He's only three and I don't think he'd understand Marxist philosophy just yet. He's being brought up to make his own mind up about what he sees rather than swallow the purveyed dogma.

You mistake my wanting to make as best a life as I can with what I have for swallowing dogma. I am well aware of my surroundings, and what's going on, but I'm pretty happy to run with it.

Quote:

That's ok. I don't take it personally. You are allowed to disagree with me. But don't wear a T-shirt saying 'Bollocks to Blair' or you will get arrested.

And I agree, that was OTT...but it was one cop going OTT, I'm sure Blair would have laughed at it.

Quote:

The world is what you're allowed to make of it.

I don't see an awful lot wrong with that. I'm not particularly restricted. Ok I'd like to be able to brew my own whisky, and grow some 'herbs' - legally, and see a fairer set of speed laws, but other than that, what can't I do?

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:11 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your view is 'Life is ok if we make the best of it' if I interpreted you right.

I feel the same way myself.

But:

Don't protest about Chinese human rights abuse in front of the Chinese Head of State in London otherwise the British police will beat you senseless.

Your (pretty much) every move is watched by a TV camera.

You will soon have powerful listening equipment recording everything that you say built in to every CCTV system in the country.

The State keeps a check on everything you say or text via your mobile phone. This evidence is now admissible in court.

You will soon have to produce identity papers on demand.

The supermarkets keep a record of everything you buy.

If you turn up at a bike meet you are likely to have police videoing you with no grounds for suspicion just for their records.

Police will be entitled to take DNA samples from everyone the stop.

Police are able to stop anyone they like under 'Terrorist Prevention' laws.

Police can incarcerate you for increasingly large amounts of time with no need to charge you with anything.

The so-called 'temporary' anti-terror laws are being abused to allow the government to impinge on your human rights. This has happened before - during WW2 temporary laws were passed which are still in place now.

Journalists reporting on the Gulf War were only allowed to report from the front if they agreed to have every word vetted by the Government.

And on and on.

And all the time people believe they are free because they have the right to consume.

The government can get away with pretty much whatever they like because the general public is so apathetic towards politics. This is an engineered situation.

It's not just this particular government that is to blame. It is the end result of a political system which is to all intents and purposes controlled by capitalism. Make a big donation, get a peerage. Three donors who gave 4 million to the Labour party were knocked back by the peerages commission last week. If they were unsuitable, why did Tony Blair not see that they were unsuitable? Or did he just choose to overlook it?

Just because a person does not see the problem, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This kind of 'I'm alright and that's what matters' attitude is equivalent to turning a blind eye to the restrictions being imposed upon us by the State.

And you probably don't feel restricted because you don't question the system. You are nowhere near the restrictions being put into place. As soon as you begin to challenge, then you will notice how your civil liberties have been eroded. The belief that 'because there are bad people out there the state needs to put these measures in place to protect me so I'm ok with them' is a naive view and a view that the government want you to have.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, just what I thought, another bloody cionspiracy theorist! Wink

Oh well. Enjoy your misery.

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:48 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will mate.

Enjoy your ignorance.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

Frog you've lost because you've resulted to the conspiracy theorist defence

ie call a name and win !

yet at the same time providing no reasoned argument against the comments that were posed
to you, this is exactly what politicians do, when asked why they say I totally reject the claims
of this and that , without giving reason as to why or evidence of , pretty much going on a because
I say so comment.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:22 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why provide a reasoned argument against un-reasoned statements? For once I'm in agreement with Froggeh.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
froggeh wrote:

Frog you've lost because you've resulted to the conspiracy theorist defence

ie call a name and win !

yet at the same time providing no reasoned argument against the comments that were posed
to you, this is exactly what politicians do, when asked why they say I totally reject the claims
of this and that , without giving reason as to why or evidence of , pretty much going on a because
I say so comment.

I knew that'd bring you out your shell mate, you're another one!

Anyway, I have other friends and aquantances that give me allsorts of conspiracy gumph, and you cannot win an arguement against them. They are so set in their ways...

Its either "man never landed on the moon"
or
"Bush was responsible for 911"

Both utter guff, but plenty believe it's true. I am weary of the arguement, and also very very content in my "ignorance"...

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

Both utter guff, but plenty believe it's true. I am weary of the arguement, and also very very content in my "ignorance"...

little affects me currently but

I just see potential future abuses , and thus prefer to deny the government such powers because eventually such things will be used to suppress things I care about.

I currently think council tax is a bit high , its set to get alot higher , I can no longer protest a legitimate beef against the government outside westminster.

Maybe something in the future will affect you and you will want to protest but then realise you cannot.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy activates the somebody else's problem field , much better than this cloak of invisibility I have which I can't find

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:40 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're right about the conspiracy theorists, but a conspiracy theorist believes they are right in spite of a lack of evidence, i.e. it is pure conjecture.

Believing that the British police are prepared to use heavy-handed tactics to maintain order would be a conspiracy theory if it wasn't for the TV pictures of people protesting about the Chinese human rights abuses being beaten senseless by the British police.

I don't know what dictionary you have been reading, but it's clear that you do not understand the meaning of 'conspiracy theory'.

Like I said, if you are happy in your ignorance, then great. It's really not a case of 'winning' an argument (or is it for you I'm wondering?). It's an opinion that you are free to either agree with or disagree with. If you disagree, then that's ok.

But it's a little puerile to suggest that because someone disagrees with the political system then they must be a 'conspiracy theorist'. Those people that believed there would be no nuclear weapons found in Iraq - were they conspiracy theorists too, in your view?

I'm no conspiracy theorist. I'm far too intelligent for that.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

little affects me currently but

I just see potential future abuses , and thus prefer to deny the government such powers because eventually such things will be used to suppress things I care about.

I currently think council tax is a bit high , its set to get alot higher , I can no longer protest a legitimate beef against the government outside westminster.

Maybe something in the future will affect you and you will want to protest but then realise you cannot.

I just don't see anything getting that far. In this country we can still legitimately protest at anything, priovided we don't get violent... I don't see that ever changing.

The increased surveilance is inevitable. And it has to happen... What happens if some nutjob 'muslim' terrorists manage to detonate a nuke in the centre of Manchester.? We'll all blame the security services for NOT doing their job.

Don't get me wrong I don't like it. But we're in the nuclear/chemical/germ warfare age, and we can't turn back the clocks. So what do they do?
I for one don't want them to go back to Dixon of Dock Green, and end up in the middle of a massacre.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 22:46 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
un-reasoned statements?

Where?

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

CortezTheKiller wrote:

But it's a little puerile to suggest that because someone disagrees with the political system then they must be a 'conspiracy theorist'. Those people that believed there would be no nuclear weapons found in Iraq - were they conspiracy theorists too, in your view?

Ok. No there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with the political system. And no, that does not make you a CT. But it seems to me you are what I would personally consider you very extreme from what I've read so far.

I personally tend very much toward the centre line in politics, with a leaning toward sociallism. Extremes never work. I don't believe in unrestricted capitalism...but we need capitalism for growth.
Communism is fine for ants.
But when a bunch of human brains is involved it simply doesn't work.

Think I'm gonna press the cloak of invisibility like Itchy now... coz I'm wittering....

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

I just don't see anything getting that far. In this country we can still legitimately protest at anything, priovided we don't get violent... I don't see that ever changing.

I do, its happened a woman who decided to read out the names of the Iraq war dead in the exclusion zone was arrested under the no protest law. she wasn't violent.

froggeh wrote:

The increased surveilance is inevitable. And it has to happen... What happens if some nutjob 'muslim' terrorists manage to detonate a nuke in the centre of Manchester.? We'll all blame the security services for NOT doing their job.

funny you shoul say that a big lorry bomb went off in Mancs I was sitting around Picadilly Gardens , I thought whoa for a couple seconds had a beer and got back to worrying about where to get next weeks rent.

Last edited by Itchy on 23:07 - 28 Nov 2006; edited 1 time in total

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy sort yer bloody quoting out dude!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6