Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Girl arrested for tshirt saying 'bollocks to blair'

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:58 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Girl arrested for tshirt saying 'bollocks to blair' Reply with quote

As a spin off from the fingerprint thread and the boo blair thread...it now seems the pigs think wearing a 'bollocks to blair' tshirt is an arrestable offence as well.

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/competitionnews/392/68779.html

Lets put that into perspective. A female game keeper is probably one person who woulde have genuine reason to be f*cked of with labour, given the fox hunting ban. Yet the police arrest her seeing as the tshirt might offend 70-80 year olds Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:59 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

And its also a finable offence to sale tshirts that could be offensive to our great leader. Heil Blair Middle Finger Middle Finger

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/5135150.stm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:05 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The former I could understand if they also did the same for all clothing with offensive messages used in 'open' society (ie not out at a club, or whatever).

Of course, they don't.

The latter; unacceptable, I quite agree.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 14:09 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on... does this mean that other t-shirts with more offensive language are going to become arrestable offences?

All those people with French connection UK t-shirts better watch out.
Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Hang on... does this mean that other t-shirts with more offensive language are going to become arrestable offences?

Shocked

nope cus they don't offend Blair , offensive messages to Blair are now a terrorist act , punishable by 90 days imprisonment without trial and of course a very large fine.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

nope cus they don't offend Blair , offensive messages to Blair are now a terrorist act , punishable by 90 days imprisonment without trial and of course a very large fine.

I love the bit where they grabbed the girl in a show of force.

Fucking coward scum Thumbs Down

If I make up a set of T-shirts with anti-bLIAR slogans would anyone buy them?

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 15:11 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
The former I could understand if they also did the same for all clothing with offensive messages

Your fucking kidding me? Bollocks to Blair considered offensive? What the fuck happened to sticks and stones may break my bones?

No, a tshirt that said "Tony Blair is a Cunt and he fucked Satan"....That could be considered offensive. Saying Bollocks to Blair is a legitimate political expression IMO.

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realise this happened last year ?

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 15:36 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. But I feel its perfectly valid when we are currently talking about police powers to stop and fingerprint people on the spot, or get searched under terror acts for booing blair.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:08 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:

Your fucking kidding me? Bollocks to Blair considered offensive? What the fuck happened to sticks and stones may break my bones?

The way I see it – if I had kids, would I want them to be seeing offensive message printed all over the place on people’s chests?

Probably not; in a similar way to the way I might not expect to see such words used on public posters and the like. Music has (does it still) warnings about such things and films are ‘age rated’ for such things, so it seems reasonable that people not have this sort of thing forced upon them in ‘real life’.

I’m not suggesting doing this to protect blair from offence, rather to not offend the public in general.

Nor am I suggesting such rules be used indiscriminately – so in a club at 2am in the morning; no problems. In a shopping centre on a busy summer holiday weekend; don’t wear offensive clothing.

Thus, I said that I could understand it /if/ they did the same for all offensive clothing, rather than just for stuff that specifically causes offence in relation to the prime Minster.

I’m trying to remember if I’ve seen “Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols” posters, checked up and wikipedia says…
Quote:
Never Mind the Bollocks was met by a hail of controversy in the U.K. upon its release. The first documented legal problems involved the allegedly 'obscene' name of the album, and the prosecution of the owner of a Nottingham record shop (and label owner Richard Branson) for having displayed it in a window. However, at Nottingham Magistrates' Court on 24 November 1977, defending Queen's Counsel John Mortimer produced expert witnesses who were able to demonstrate that the word "bollocks" was actually a legitimate Old English term originally used to refer to a priest, and which, in the context of the title, meant "nonsense". The chairman of the hearing was forced to conclude:
Much as my colleagues and I wholeheartedly deplore the vulgar exploitation of the worst instincts of human nature for the purchases of commercial profits by both you and your company, we must reluctantly find you not guilty of each of the four charges.

Therefore, the Tshirt should read as 'Nonsense to Blair', which not many would consider too offensive really.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:51 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
No, a tshirt that said "Tony Blair is a Cunt and he fucked Satan"....That could be considered offensive.

Only by Satan.

All the best

Keith

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't remember the 'infamous' Cradle of Filth teeshirt that had the word 'Cunt' on it, that people were arrested for wearing? To be honest I think that's fair enough, if I was a parent I wouldn't want my kids reading or hearing swear words all over the place. I own a band shirt with the word 'Cunt' on it, and I am careful not wear it uncovered in public places where there are likely to be children about.

One shirt I would love to own is an old by the underground hardcore band Mistress, the backprint reads "Offensive backprints are for cunts!" Laughing Laughing Quality!

Annabella wrote:
Shocked

Hmm, you've given me a good idea. Gonna get a plain white teeshirt then write on it "Tony Blair is a bit of a fascist cnut" in big letters. Should be safe to wear that anywhere, as any the instant response to any pigs is as you said, French Connection UK.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems harsh...

But I wouldn't piss on a fox-hunter if he or she was on fire...

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:52 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no support for fox hunting or hunters but the foundation of a democratic country is to allow each individual to their own opinion and their right to express it.

It's the same reason that the BNP are allowed to exist (though we are still open to media bias against them or any other political parties that don't fit in the BBC's ideal).

Censorship is something that really irks me, it's more often than not the oppression of the majority to please the minority.

In this case it's the oppression of the entire public to please the Government.

It's cases like this that highlight how so called "anti-terrorism" laws can, and will be exploited.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
Censorship is something that really irks me, it's more often than not the oppression of the majority to please the minority.

It's cases like this that highlight how so called "anti-terrorism" laws can, and will be exploited.

Ok I was being semi serious, but what you've said is crazy. They may have overstepped it a little, but in what way is this oppressing the ENTIRE public to please the GOVERNMENT?

They decided that the T-shirt was offensive. That's it.

And I disagree with censorship, but not in public. places. Possibly this example is OTT, but where would you like the boundary to be? Would a T-shirt with "Fuck my cunt" be ok in your world? Coz I don't think it would, not on general display.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 11:22 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked OMG I can't believe a bunch of bikers would find the word 'bollocks' that offensive.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
Shocked OMG I can't believe a bunch of bikers would find the word 'bollocks' that offensive.

I doubt anyone here does, but there has to be some sort of line drawn as to what is considered too offensive for general display. Not saying this would be over my line (it wouldn't), but there needs to be some sort of limit.

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:29 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, BOLLOCKS to Blair, and BOLLOCKS to certain members of the police force, who seem increasingly unable to use common sense.
FFS, I've seen far, far worse slogans on t-shirts over the years. Rolling Eyes

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:21 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^Yeah, bollocks isn't even a swear word.^^^^

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:30 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there has to be some sort of line drawn as to what is considered too offensive for general display. Not saying this would be over my line (it wouldn't), but there needs to be some sort of limit.

And who would you propose draws this line? B'lair? Prescott? Blunket?
Any of the labour? Like they have any moral high ground to tell us that the word bollocks is unsuitable to wear on a t-shirt.

Personally I believe it wasn't the fact the word bollocks was derogatory, but the fact it slated our great leader
Laughing

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
Quote:
there has to be some sort of line drawn as to what is considered too offensive for general display. Not saying this would be over my line (it wouldn't), but there needs to be some sort of limit.

And who would you propose draws this line? B'lair? Prescott? Blunket?
Any of the labour? Like they have any moral high ground to tell us that the word bollocks is unsuitable to wear on a t-shirt.

Personally I believe it wasn't the fact the word bollocks was derogatory, but the fact it slated our great leader
Laughing

funny - but I doubt Blair would give a shit. I think in this case it was a copper who overreacted.

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:
ColdInsomnia wrote:

Ok I was being semi serious, but what you've said is crazy. They may have overstepped it a little, but in what way is this oppressing the ENTIRE public to please the GOVERNMENT?

They decided that the T-shirt was offensive. That's it.

And I disagree with censorship, but not in public. places. Possibly this example is OTT, but where would you like the boundary to be? Would a T-shirt with "Fuck my cunt" be ok in your world? Coz I don't think it would, not on general display.

What I mean is, that law can easily be used to gain a vice-grip control over us - arrests can be made for little to no reason and we've no ground to stand on to say "Hey, this is bollocks!"
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they arrest people for wearing t-shirts but wont arrest muslims because there praying Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1