Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Zim,Kris,Ctyson,Milo,G Which one??????????????????????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:09 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Zim,Kris,Ctyson,Milo,G Which one?????????????????????? Reply with quote

Guys these are the two shortlisted bikes I've looked at both good for their year both waranteed, CBR600f is "P" Reg and the NC30 is "M" Reg I think

Wat Due recon ??????

Mole

https://www.photoelite.co.uk/images/450.jpg https://www.photoelite.co.uk/images/119.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 20:19 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Well dont ask for my opinion! lol Reply with quote

Does anyone elses opinion matter? Embarassed

I would say go for the NC30 (but I would wouldnt I), but I suppose you should really go for the newer and bigger CBR600 if you can afford the slightly higher insurance costs.

And what is with the blurred out bit of the picture of the NC30 (where the rear exhaust connects)? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:22 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

hmmm tough 1 im personally a 400 hundred fan BUT! the market for 400's i vertually nil so there resale value is very low so you wont get much money for the 400 when u sell it on.

i would go for the 600 pay a little extra on inshurance but ultimatly get a better bike and more money when you sell it on, but remember the cbr600 was the highest selling 600 last year so evan the cbrs second hand value is very low for the bike. Very Happy

sorry to confuse you id go for the cbr Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:31 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Guys,

Duno wat the blured bit is, I nicked the photo from the main dealers website! Perhaps E neesd me as his photographer Very Happy

Mole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the performance like on 400s and what insurance group are most of them in?

Stew

PostPosted: 20:42 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Nc30 is in insurance group 12 , the CBR is a 14.

Not sure on all the performance figures, but the NC30 has a top speed of about 130mph (CBR=160mph ?), and apparently is one of the best handling bikes ever.(It also makes an excellent sound with its V4 engine and gear driven cams).

Mole if you are over 6 foot though go for the CBR600 as you may find the VFR uncomfortable. (although I am 6'2 and dont have a problem).
You would find the CBR600 more comfortable, certainly over long distances, but you would probably have more fun on the VFR as you can use more of the bike's potential on the roads.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:46 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stew wrote:

Mole if you are over 6 foot

can tell you hav'nt meet mole Very Happy

only jokeing mole see you sunday Laughing

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:49 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stew,

Your dead right mate they both have their merits, I'm 5'7 so don't ave a problem wiv the NC30, saw one last year in the petrol station and fell in love wiv it, since then been reading and looking and found that the NC30's
a sod to service, the snug V4 makes it very hard to do the simplest of jobs, also a late model will be an import with Km Clocks,

O' Sod Stew,

I buy both the buggers lol:

Mole

Stew

PostPosted: 20:51 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Knew my opinion didnt count! Laughing

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:56 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:51 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what you sort of riding you want to be doing. My bike is my main form of trasport; I've got a Mountain bike as well, but no car. I chose the ZX6R because I wanted something I could reasonably ride long distances and still have fun when I feel like it. If you want to do commuting/touring/shopping etc. on your bike I'd go for the 600.... Saying all that my flat mates got a vfr400 NC21 and is quite happy to go long distances on it, he's as about as tall as me as well.

However if you're looking for a 'weekend toy' I'd go with the VFR. You will be able to push the bike more without going *too* ridiculously past the speed limits. If you can learn to ride a VFR really well then it should put you in very big stead for ridging big bike well.

btw. VFR=60hp about 160kg, I think
CBR=95-100 about 180kg, I think
(can't be bothered to find exact figures)

As I said above, pushing a 600 can be seriously licence endagering... 1st red lines at 65 knock it up a gear and 2nd redlines around 90, total time around 5sec.... then you realise you're in a 40 :).

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... go for the 600 and just remember to practice LOTS of self control!!!

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:41 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Guy's I think I will have 2 sleep on it. Your all right of course. During the normal day I run a BMW Sport Coupe and that can be loads of fun, however now the biking bug has bitten and need something to suit my inner teen self!!!

I know I should be sensible and get a CBR but something in the back of mind say's have fun and get the NC30. Spose the only real thing stopping me is trying to find a mint Nc30! They seem to be rearer than rocking horse dung!

I'l let her indoors decide, I don't thing I'm gona talk ere into buying leathers anyway, she is dead worried about comming on the back with me anyway. She say's I drive the Beema like a nutter!

I'v told er I will buy the leathers anyway, she can allways wear them in the bedroom! lol: Wink

Cheers Guy's

Mole

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 22:51 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out Mole:

https://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/uk/auction/63869018?aucview=0x10

Tin

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:01 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody ell Tin,

Some colour, wonder wat milage and year !

Gona take anothet look,

Mole

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 23:05 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a '91 model with 15k on the clock...(look in the Q&A section)...

Tin

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:05 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's J Reg I think 1991 15k Miles

Not 2 sure about the colour though.

Mole

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 23:09 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, snap!

...I dunno, the colour's starting to grow on me, but I just hate that rear end!...that's one ugly @rse! ...are all NC30s like that?

Tin

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 23:13 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this one as well:

https://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/uk/auction/64686151?aucview=0x10

It's a bit older, but the colour schemes a bit more pleasing, no?

Tin

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:25 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin,

That one is bloody nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well worth a bid if U want a second bike for track day's and have the time to give it TLC.

KEITH This ones for U ........................

Mole

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:33 - 16 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin,

This is standard colours,

https://www.photoelite.co.uk/images/rvf400e.jpg

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 10:39 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i think that the first one is gorgeous Smile ... if i was you mole id take it!! hurry only 2 days left on the bid Very Happy

just think, you could be on a nice 400 next time we meet at boxhill Smile , you could even join me doing some wheelies Laughing

Stevo

PostPosted: 11:34 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are good bikes mate, and they both have things going for them. Like G says its just a case of what do ya want from a bike, and what sort of use will it get. They would both be as capable as anything else out there for road use, and i suppose it comes down to your preference, on styling as well as the likely running costs. I reckon on the CBR being the cheapest to run, despite the higher insurance, as its a common bike and well known, as well as the fact that there are lots of parts and spares in breakers for it. I suppose your taking more of a chance with the NC, but then im told that there are places that do very good parts support for greys, dunno about spares prices though in comparison. If the NC is a good fit, and is in good condition and at the right price then id be inclined to go for it. There are also a few officially imported NC30's about, but finding one would be a nightmare.
You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again mole!

The decision is a tough one isn't it!

I'd say go for the VFR400. Here's why....

1:You haven't been riding 'that' long, so it may be in your best interests to get the smaller machine. I mean less power to get you into trouble. (Don't take that the wrong way- I crash more than most so I'm not one to talk! Rolling Eyes )

2:The handling will be better. NC30's are renowned as one of the sweetest handling bikes ever.

3:You will look after it. If you buy one in good nick to start with, I'm pretty sure you'd keep it that way. (plus you've got a bimma if it rains!)

4:Licence preservation. As G says, on a 600 you hit 90 before you know it!

5:I think that they hold their value better than CBR6's. The market is flooded with used 600's, check out MCN bikemart.

6:Looks. Personally, I love the looks of the NC30. The CBR is bland in comparison.

Sod the servicing costs, get the VFR mate, much better! Very Happy

Problem solved Very Happy

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: CBR vs VFR Reply with quote

The CBRs are common as anything. The VFRs look *so* sweet with the single sided swingarm and exhaust on wrong side. I heard one for the first time the other day too, oh my god! It sounds nicer than a Dodge Viper!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2