Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

De'restricting - Kornel please read....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Slimboyfat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: De'restricting - Kornel please read.... Reply with quote

Got the details off your site, super good, but i was wondering when to do it ie. say taking off exhaust, anything fall out etc??? and also the inlet plate, no petrol or oil spilling, i know you should turn off fuel tap and such, but still clueless.... Confused

Any advice greatly recieved!!

WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!! :lol

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:03 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Re: De'restricting - Kornel please read.... Reply with quote

Slimboyfat wrote:
say taking off exhaust, anything fall out etc?

when you take the exhaust off the only thing that should fall off is the gasket, its a metal ring type thingy that goes between the exhaust and the cylinder.

Slimboyfat wrote:
and also the inlet plate, no petrol or oil spilling, i know you should turn off fuel tap and such

well you need to take the tank off so if you dont turn the petrol off it could get a bit messy not to mention flamable Razz as for the oil with the engine off the oil pump is off so very little oil (if any) should come out.

when i did mine i turned the fuel tap off and run the engine untill it run out of fuel, so there was nouthing in the carb when i took it off.

good luck[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

while on the subject of derestriction does anyone know how to derestrict a Cagiva Planet or at least a Mito cos hopefully they'll be the same? I've tried looking at the official cagiva site but their e-mail address doesn't work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: mito/planet Reply with quote

i think on the mito theres a restriction in the exhaust and u need to get a power valve.

Rolling Eyes

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

powervalve- how much will that be do u think (roughly)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exhaust is easy, just don't drill through the exhaust!With the intake i'd turn the tap off, and run until dry to save on loosing fuel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 20:03 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo wrote:
With the intake i'd turn the tap off, and run until dry to save on loosing fuel

...so you save fuel by burning it into the atmosphere!?...LOL Razz Laughing

Tin

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:54 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I tried takeing the air restrictor out of the bike yesterday but i found this triangular filter thing going into the engine where the plate should be, why? The bike wouldnt run without so whats wrong, the engine my be an import im not sure as there a different engine in there than the original one

Luke

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 11:15 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you could run it til empty but for some unknown reason that took 15 mins on my bloody nsr and the thing refused to die!

why let the fule escape when you can score a blow against the ozone layer Smile

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:40 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

Let me guess you left the bike ticking over and just revved it...that'l be why it took 15 mins, should've just kept blasting up and down your road Very Happy

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 17:57 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that point it had no petrol tank or seat....

i could have made it go down the road....

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:32 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrofly wrote:
Hi
I tried takeing the air restrictor out of the bike yesterday but i found this triangular filter thing going into the engine where the plate should be, why? The bike wouldnt run without so whats wrong, the engine my be an import im not sure as there a different engine in there than the original one

Souunds like you are describing the reed valves and block. Engine might just about struggle into life without it, but not do much (although you can have piston ported 2 strokes without reed valves or disk valves).

My guess is that the restrictor has already been removed, or was never fitted

All the best

Keith

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

save wasting fuel....erm....
it'll save the fuel the trouble of evaporating Smile
I'm not stupid...honest!

Where'd you live? I could possibly come and help ya. wouldn't charge much. probably, a pint, fuel costs and some drill bits.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 19:57 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe milo I like the idea.....you get paid to ride your bike around country roads to his house........nice one mate Very Happy .....and I hope thats a pint of coke.....don't drink n ride Very Happy

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 20 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course mate. drinking and driving is bad (but fun going around a multi-storey at 3 in the morning!) i normally drink then drive much later in the evening
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1