Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Battery isnt the problem?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

zaknafien

PostPosted: 12:42 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Battery isnt the problem? Reply with quote

Ok i've now found out the battery isnt the problem so now im stumped as to what is, does anyone have a manual for a 1991 NSR-RK? if so any chance of telling me the probable causes and fixes for failing ignition?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:38 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

I might not have told you on MSN, but I had a similar problem, and mine was sorted with a new fuse, under the seat near the battery on my 2001 NSR, not too sure about your RK tho...

Hope this helps Smile

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:26 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

already tried it Sad

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:30 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I told you a couple of days ago you're battery wasn't the problem. Trust me ive been messing round with bikes since i was ten. re-read my reply to one of your other messages

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:31 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

next time it does it, role the bike forward then put it in gear dont bump start it though you jus wanna turn the engine abit.
then try an start it if it works it means your starter motor isnt going back in to its start possition and is probably phuked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 23:05 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didnt work i tried that a few times, im gonna have a go at jump starting it tomorrow if that works i'll try to get it to the garage. If that doesnt work looks like im gonna have to borrow a trailer again to get it to the garage.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 23:14 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit man what has happened to the bike? Question

If you need to use the warranty, you can take the bike to any garage and they can fix the bike on warranty!! All parts covered are mentioned in the warranty manual!

Has this problem gradually got worse for you or what? Does the bike still start then die? or does it not start at all anymore? Confused

This is a strange one to me, as I never had a single electrical problem with the NSR Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 00:01 - 20 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange for me too m8 it just wont start it makes a clicking sound like a cricket and a slight whirring noise whenever i try to start it,

but i found that if i turn the indicator on that works fine but then i try turning the headlights on at the same time and the indicator no longer works which suggests to me even more it's electrical and not mechanical.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 12:58 - 21 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok with the new battery i got it started but it totally zapped all the power, after charging again i just turned it on and left headlights and indicator on for 2 mins then checked the battery again. Lo and behold it was flat.

Does that sound like an altenator problem to anyone?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:04 - 21 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still want a manual there's one on my site (click on the www at the bottom of the page), I could send you a CD if you haven't got broadband.

It does sound like it oculd be alternator problems. Have you tried leaving it turned on with a fully charged battery but nothing else on?.. It could be a short circuit somewhere.

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 21 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

with lights on it'd probably take about 40 mins for the battery to drain. sounds like a short circuit to me

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:07 - 21 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna try just leaving it turned on for a bit and see what happens with that, minus lights etc.

and im downloading the full manual now G but only getting 8k/s from your server Sad only 4 hours to go, no matter though im not in a big hurry.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 21:42 - 21 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaknafien mate, check your wires for your indicators etc behind the headlight, my mate had a derbi senda 50 which the rubber coating had a slit in it and evertime a tiny bit of water got in it shorted out his electrics.

Defo sounds like a short circuit to me, Milo's right.

If you hve a cable that you can visibly see the copper wire inside either replace the cable, or put some waterproof duct tape over it.

Hope this is the problem, cos its easily remedied, hope this helps mate.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 22:10 - 21 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

but aslong as i've had it it's never been in the rain?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:19 - 21 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Ok with the new battery i got it started but it totally zapped all the power, after charging again i just turned it on and left headlights and indicator on for 2 mins then checked the battery again. Lo and behold it was flat.

Hi

Doesnt sound like a charging problem, but does sound like you have a problem. Check for any bare wires touching the frame and shorting out.

To check the bike is charging, start the engine and put a voltmeter over the terminals of the battery. You should get a reading of at least 13V.

I suspect you may have to get a multimeter and check for circuits everywhere to try and find the short

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1