Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

temper, temper......whats wrong with me?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 30 Nov 2006    Post subject: temper, temper......whats wrong with me? Reply with quote

lately, ive found im losing my temper really quickly over all sorts of things, and i dont know why, its not like me, im a pretty laid back, cheerful jokey kinda guy.

for example, tonight i went to look at a van that i was hoping to buy, and found it was sold, which was disappointing but didnt bother me........but then on the way home, i got cut up by a black bird driving a big van, pulled right out in front of me, high beam and horn and she finally saw me and stopped, looking genuinely suprised that i was there. "what the fuck is this for??" i yelled pointing at her mirror [blank look] should have left it there, but i'd already snapped and kept on till she argued back, then i, er, attacked said mirror with my fist as she "obviously dont fucking need it" Embarassed

the ride home from there on was full of red mist and a few other arguments with drivers...

last weekend, i had a really really bad time with it , blowing up and getting aggressive and abusive with anyone at the slightest little thing.

i woke up the next morning with a feeling like someone had been standing on my chest all night Shocked and im rather worried its something physical, as i know it sounds like emotional stress but i feel fine.

any ideas? im off to the docs tomorrow to see what they say........

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lately, ive found im losing my temper really quickly over all sorts of things, and i dont know why, its not like me, im a pretty laid back, cheerful jokey kinda guy.

Normally PMT time for me if i get like that Laughing
On a serious note, Im finding im looseing my temper so quickly (IE My post about the chavs)

I find this time of year I get wound up that much more then I would in summer.
Utter BS some might say, but its the same each year Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:32 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, you need to have some time off or fuck off somewhere for a few days.

Don't take anything the Doc say's will help....it won't.

Calm down...it's only a commercial.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's male PMS mate! Shocked

Quick stuff some old news paper in your pants and lie down with a sloppy film and eat a tub of Häagen-Dazs whilst feeling sorry for yourself. You may also find yourself randomly shouting at anything that passes by and laughing at episodes of friends. Wink

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think your suggestions on here are at least as good as the docs Evil or Very Mad

he reckons i need anger management counciling Shocked dismissed any physical cause, didnt examine me ( pulse, BP etc) despite there being family history (uncle died of a heart attack at 45 and grandad died of the same thing at 65)

im beginning to think the £400 for a Bupa MOT is better value than the half hour ive just wasted Evil or Very Mad

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get away from everything for a few days? Getting out and doing some physical exercise always helps me.

I ride my bike into the middle of nowhere, walk up a hill and feel like I've got above everything.

Sometimes there's stuff getting to me that I hadn't even realised. Gotta step back before it becomes obvious.

Don't try and force yourself to be calm without knowing why you're not. It'll build up and get worse

Stay cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: temper, temper......whats wrong with me? Reply with quote

gavin wrote:
any ideas? im off to the docs tomorrow to see what they say........

Yeah, and it better be good news, or he's in for a good kicking, eh?

Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:02 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit of a silly question, but how much exercise are you getting?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Siggi marches off towards Poland.

king kong
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:01 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a girl in the background somewhere?

17-in-87
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:21 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you increased/decreased consumption of alcohol/caffeine/nicotine/illicit substances recently?

Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional...

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Sounds a bit of a silly question, but how much exercise are you getting?

not as much as i'd like Wink

(ponders a suggestive question, decides on the balance of recent experience , probably best not...)

king kong wrote:
Is there a girl in the background somewhere?

theres been a few in the last couple of years, and thats a whole other story (and a whole heap of trouble), but its not an issue now.

17-in-87 wrote:
Have you increased/decreased consumption of alcohol/caffeine/nicotine/illicit substances recently?

been off the weed and cigs for years, hardly drink at all, rarely to excess.

i used to be quite fit, but i dont do gym / mountain bikes / swimming any more, and i dont have the stamina i used to have.

ive decided to book a bupa mot, the online price works out to just over a pound a day if you have one once a year, i'll get to know if theres anything really wrong, and if its that im just unfit and need a better diet, i'll have some goals to work to for next year Thumbs Up

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 19:00 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavin wrote:

i used to be quite fit, but i dont do gym / mountain bikes / swimming any more, and i dont have the stamina i used to have.

There lies your answer.

You've got a chemical imbalance. You're not exercising enough, so not releasing enough whatever the doobery things are called that make you feel good after exercising, so you're getting all pent up and angry.

Go for a run it'll sort you out Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:46 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
whatever the doobery things are called that make you feel good after exercising,

endorphins

although some scientists say its not the endorphins, but cannabinoids

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphin

Last edited by colin1 on 19:50 - 01 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total

Hooky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:48 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin, go and have a damm good wank, forget the past (FA>ETC Laughing )

Wanking always works for me when I get stressy , I do it LOADS Thumbs Up

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:28 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quote on the subject of anger from Terry Pratchett:

" Genuine anger was one of the worlds great creative forces. But you had to learn how to control it. That didn't mean you let it trickle away. It meant you dammed it, carefully, let it develop a working head, let it drown whole valleys of the mind and then, just when the whole structure was about to collapse, opened a tiny pipeline at the base and let the iron-hard stream of wrath power the turbines of revenge."

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say stinkwheel is.......++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start. Laughing

and andy Middle Finger Twisted Evil

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 03:01 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavin wrote:
all i can say stinkwheel is.......++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

Who the hell is this Redo, and what country is Start in anyway? Very Happy

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:10 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavin wrote:
been off the weed <snip> for years

Problem found.

Solution?

Go buy a Gamecube, Super Smash Bros Melee, ring a dealer and invite your mates over (3 ideally for 4 player matches).

A great way to wind down, chill with your mates and let out some anger at the same time as you whack your fellow stoners into the next dimension as Nintendo's wackiest characters.

Seriously, nothing will make you laugh more when you're stoned than SSBM.

For bonus points, when you're all baked try a 3v1, but turn friendly fire ON. Watch and piss yourself as your mates whack each other constantly whilst trying to hit you. Nothing but constant "SHIT!" "Sorry mate!" "Fuck, wrong button!"

Also, try going jigglypuff and do nothing but taunt the entire match...

God I really love this game don't I?
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:14 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, my karma took a nasty hit from the obscenities that I typed in the above post Shocked
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon

peppa pig
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:43 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some Bachs Rescue Remedy and try to get more excercise. I go to the gym a couple of times a week, not so much for the fitness side of it but because I find it really helps me to calm down.

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the doc was right......ive just been cautioned for assault Embarassed

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 14:37 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.beefyness.com/images/ohnoescat.jpg

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, yeah. but the adrenalin and endorphines are still flowing and making me feel a whole lot better! Laughing

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 14:53 - 02 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick, crack one off and complete the set Thumbs Up

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2