Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What Do Ya Drink????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 19:58 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: What Do Ya Drink???? Reply with quote

Just wondering....at bike meets what do you drink and how much do you have???

Personally I have Shandy hehe.....a bike meet is the only place you can go into a pub and order shandy without getting laughed at or started on hehe Laughing

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 19:59 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooooops forgot to mention......I have 2 pints.......maybe 3 if I am there a long time. Razz

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:04 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: ..... Reply with quote

sorry im gunna be really boring but when im riding i dont touch anything alcoholic evan shandy, it doesnt matter how small the trace of alcohole in your blood if a traffic copa decides to be a tosser he could still do ya...

example my next door neighbour has an nsr125rk he had 1 pint down the pub and was pulled on the way home, he was breath tested but was under but the copa ordered him to produce his documents and send his bike to a garage for inspection, where they found his bike was well over 12bhp so he got 3 points and a £100 pound fine Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 20:08 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch that's a little harsh.....

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:33 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I tend to have two or three pints of my faboruite tipple, John Smiths, or Boddingtons if the pub serves it.
In my experience two or three pints wont make any difference to you. Gotta be careful because of the cozzers though

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be boring too but I'm with ctyson18, if ya get breathalised and there is any trace of alcohol it just gives em a chance to have a go... plus its great to look at their face when the breathaliser reads 0 alcohol.. hah!

They should be out catching real criminals anyway... like the git that used my bike reg no on an identical bike to commit a bank robbery... bastards!.. and got caught on a speed camera too...

Stevo

PostPosted: 21:29 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep im afraid that im a bit of a shandy drinker when out on my bike, but plenty of people i knw would have a pint or two when we go out to a country pub that serves proper beer!
You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 23:01 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not that much of a drinker unless im out with the lads at a decent pub and a taxi number so doesnt really matter to me.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:47 - 19 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be noughty, but I'm a good little boy now and don't have any intoxicants before riding.

Last edited by G on 09:21 - 20 Apr 2002; edited 1 time in total

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:39 - 20 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that i an't mean to drink at my age but i do anyways (a lot sometimes) but i never drink wen i am rideig because i don't trust them fucking coppers, they get you for everthing!!! plus i don't trust my self on abike after haveing a drink or two!!!!

Goose

PostPosted: 16:30 - 20 Apr 2002    Post subject: drink Reply with quote

i used to happily get pissed and ride

but then i dropped it, and it caused about 600 pounds worth of damage to my bike so now i dont,

i learnt my lesson the hard way as you might say

i would have one or two, but never get over the limit

its just not worth the hassle with the cops, insurance companies, or your wallet in damages

everytime i get on my bike i look at the scratches and it just pisses me off, cos it so wasnt worth it

if i ride somewhere and get pissed (by addicent) i either try to get me allowed to sleep over, or i lock my bike up and walk home

but if it came down to it, i would sit on the curb for 6 hours until i was completely sobered up, if thats what it would take

so take my word for it, if you mess your bike up you will kick yourself forever

Ryan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:34 - 23 Apr 2002    Post subject: Drinks Reply with quote

At sherbun a couple of cans of coke and a burger, alot of people drink coffee as well.

I just cant concerntrate as well on my bike with beer down me or even hungover, so I avoid it now. Used to do a bit of drink drivin on my ped, to the chippy/chinky a couple of min away or across town to get home from a friends, but I never do it now on my "proper" bike

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 23 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Never touch the stuff if i riding, its hard enough dodging cars an stayin alive most of the time, let alone trying to do it if you were pissed.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 16:42 - 23 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you are exagerrating a little there, if ever I have a drink it is a couple of shandy's when i'm out on the bike at a bike meet, I never have a proper pint. And lets face it 2 pints of shandy is hardly gonna get me pissed is it??? I know someone will say my reactions are bound to be slower, but I haven't crashed yet, but when I do i'm sure it won't be the drink that causes it, I ain't like some twats who have 3 pints of guiness at a bike meet then take a 20 mile trip home flat out, now that's just stupid.

PostPosted: 12:31 - 26 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pint won't really affect you. Any more than this and you start to lose a bit of control, although in my experience it's just like riding when you're tired, you know, make silly mistakes, less awareness and that.
Worse is riding stoned - done it once. Scared meself silly doing 70+ in residential areas (middle of the night thank god). If there was any justice in this world, I'd be dead.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 13:17 - 26 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding stoned isn't bad, if you've got no other choice - it slows you to a crawl because you know full well you're mashed and shouldn't be driving, let alone at any speed. Drinking just gives you the "I'm not pissed, I'm a fucking riding god me, bring it on!!" attitude which is what's going to get you killed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 13:25 - 26 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what effect cannabis has on you. With me I get a bit hyper so I'm more dangerous on the road (or footpath! hehe). Some people get paranoid, start overcompensating - scared theyre gonna crash, so end up doing the whole journey at walking pace. Same as alcohol, different people, different effects. (except Stella cos everyone knows its fighting juice)

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:28 - 26 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Worse is riding stoned - done it once. Scared meself silly doing 70+ in residential areas (middle of the night thank god). If there was any justice in this world, I'd be dead.

At least you scared yourself, when your pissed you can think you're actually riding well and not consider the consequences at all.

NELLY
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:03 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Embarassed
i dont drink and ride ,i have a drink at home , i dont need to drink or get stoned my bike does that for me. Rolling Eyes
NELLY

P.S I have a yellow sv650s you can not beet the throp of a v twin . Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1