Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lawyer killed for wallet and phone

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:22 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Lawyer killed for wallet and phone Reply with quote

https://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=all&edition=i&q=lawyer+stabbed

I just wanted to post this up, for anyone who hadn't seen it, and because i wanted to.

Can’t do anything personally, I know knife crime is the ‘in thing’ at the moment and this isn’t the only victim.

I read the headline in the paper and imagined who had committed such a crime as I flicked to the page, I was spot on. Weird huh?

That guy didn’t deserve any of this, leaving children and his fiancé.

This is why the death penalty isn’t such a bad idea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 09:49 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scum of the earth, in fact filth, the people who did it are filth. They should be put in front of a wall and shot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:13 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
They should be put in front of a wall and shot.

By the victims dad

And i'd hand him another clip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Thomas ap Rhys Pryce didn't have any kids. He was just engaged to be married. His murder was widely covered in London's press and Kensal Rise it not too far from where I live. I thought that the sentcing for the two murders was lenient, not a deterrent for others. They should have got 40 years minimum each.

I used to be an advocate of the death penalty - however I am 'troubled' by the thought of giving the state the right to kill its citizens in the name of justice. It is the ultimate sanction the stae can put on its people and given the inadequancies and incompetence of government seen almost everywhere else I don't think they can be trusted to use it appropriately.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The death penalty is a medieval throwback. There is no way that the state should have the right to kill someone.

What should happen in my mind is that a 20 year sentence should be just that, and instead of "time off for good behaviour", it should be "time added for lack of good behaviour"

I'd also begin with doubling the current 5 year mandatory for carrying a gun, and have a similar sentence for carrying a knife innappropriately.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:27 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids or no kids who fucking cares, those youths still live.

That’s injustice…..

Yeah death penalty was a bit mental back in the medieval times, but don’t you think with modern society we just kill the ones who give us a bloody good reason?
Like CCTV footage of the cunt?
DNA on the weapon?
Guilty plea?

In this case the twats showed no remorse in the court room, wouldn’t that be a nice moment for the judge to say….”Actually on second thoughts…...you’re going to die”

I’d like to see their faces then.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
but don’t you think with modern society we just kill the ones who give us a bloody good reason?

The whole concept of the state killing someone is wrong.

I wouldn't advocate the killing of anyone by the state, not even if they are 100% guilty.

Don't get me wrong, if someone breaks into my house where my family and myself are sleeping, I will try my best to maim if not kill them...sod reasonable force...they will not be doing it again either way.
I have also promised myself, if I ever get mugged, I will do the same, whether it be a bunch of kids, or whatever. At least one of them I will rid the planet of, if possible...

BUT the state should never have this option.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm generally in favour of the DP, but I have to say with the current shower of cnuts running the country, the last thing they need is authority to sanction executions. I don't expect future governments to be any improvement either.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 03 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SURELY the DP is the easy way out for these scum?

lock 'em up, throw away the key, then make them live in prison till they die in there, with no visitatin from anyone.no food etc.....
is this not punishment? Karma

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:32 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allowing the state to kill someone for killing someone else is something you’re against, can you explain why Froggeh?

I know that I would never be sentenced to death in a mix up by the court, not in this day and age.
If you are convicted of murder, there would have to be enough evidence.

In this case the two killers have got what the courts calls life, but it isn’t really a life sentence is it, IMO the state has the ability here to say ‘life’ when it actually isn’t. Who knows, they could get out and kill again, and I think that’s why I’d be for the DP.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Allowing the state to kill someone for killing someone else is something you’re against, can you explain why Froggeh?

I know that I would never be sentenced to death in a mix up by the court, not in this day and age.
If you are convicted of murder, there would have to be enough evidence.

In this case the two killers have got what the courts calls life, but it isn’t really a life sentence is it, IMO the state has the ability here to say ‘life’ when it actually isn’t. Who knows, they could get out and kill again, and I think that’s why I’d be for the DP.

It is nothing to do with certainty over guilt, however there are many people on death row in the US, that claim to be innocent. And from time to time those that are pardonned...

But as I said, I don't advocate killing someone even if they were caught on BBC camera in front of a live audience. It's not about guilt, it's about right and wrong. The death sentence is about revenge rather than justice. If you believe killing is wrong, which I do, then to take it to the extreme form of premeditated killing that is the Death Penalty is immoral. Nobody has the right to decide who lives or dies. Certainly not the government.

*edit...
However, there are certain people I don't think should ever be released. (Such as the guy who abducted and raped the 6 year old girl. And as I said earlier, they ought to "Add time for bad behaviour" rather than "take off time for good behaviour"

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:04 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understadn everything you're saying, but i'd rather they kill that rapist without a second thought, then let him out early because he's good at cleaning the floors.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I understadn everything you're saying, but i'd rather they kill that rapist without a second thought, then let him out early because he's good at cleaning the floors.

And I understand that killing him is a basic human emotion, a need for vengeance. It doesn't make it right. As I said, he would never get out if it were up to me. However, maybe in years to come, if we do keep him and his kind locked up, we may find a cure for his illness...

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:21 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it as revenge myself....i don't know him and he raped a child.

If there was an online petition, he'd die.

Just saying what a majorty think, the only people who bother posting a lot in current affairs are always against that.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I don't see it as revenge myself....i don't know him and he raped a child.

If there was an online petition, he'd die.

Just saying what a majorty think, the only people who bother posting a lot in current affairs are always against that.

I know there is a majority who feel this way. But again, it doesn't make it right. It is an emotional response, not a logical one.

I admit, if it was my child, he would be dead now anyway... but that's my emotional response.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:04 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the US - death penalty doesn't seem to be a big deterrent there.

Also, remember it costs £50k+ per person held in prison per year.

Not suggesting I got any answers, though.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:39 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the death penalty in the U.S requires them to be held in Death Row for a period of time.

I think, what's the point, how much is a 9mm round a shovel and chipboard box cost?

Things could be re-arranged here, more of a deterant.

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:03 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castration...

Stops aggression
+ you don't need people like that breeding.

and pretty cheap.

Wirecutters and a lighter to cauterize aftewards.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 15:20 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the desire for retribution by DP, however as said by others, I would not trust the current government with such power.

It niave to believe in this day and age that cases are not wrongly judged.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 15:33 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
It niave to believe in this day and age that cases are not wrongly judged.

They never have been and probably never will be, i think they are becoming more accurate with their findings though, mistakes are made, but we're only human.

I think there should be exceptions, you can't just sentance a man to death for anything.

In this case only, just on the basis of what they have done, they should be put to sleep, it's not an easy way out FFS, i couldn't care less what i means for them.
Better the world without them, no one would notice they'd gone.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 16:51 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They never have been and probably never will be, i think they are becoming more accurate with their findings though, mistakes are made, but we're only human.

The problem is, where do we stop? Who decides whats a humane way to kill someone, or if someone is fit to be executed? I mean the Yanks still execute retards even though their quite clearly insane.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 17:11 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...surely we start from the beginning and end where it needs to end, unlike the Yanks who haven't change their ways much in certain states.

You rape a child......your dead

Kill a granny.......dead

Muder some dude for a phone........goodnight

In court, suspected, could be, might not be........held until further notice

Fuck, how easy is that.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 17:14 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

PostPosted: 16:11 - 05 Dec 2006 Post subject:
Um...surely we start from the beginning and end where it needs to end, unlike the Yanks who haven't change their ways much in certain states.

That makes nosense what so ever.

Quote:
Fuck, how easy is that.

Rolling Eyes

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 17:20 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yanks have had the DP for a long time right....?

What i'm saying is, if we brought it in, it would be a new revised version... no?

Sorry, i was having a bit of a laugh with the last bit.... Razz

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 18:02 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What i'm saying is, if we brought it in, it would be a new revised version... no?

Each state in america has the right to use the DP or not, I believe. The DP is revised and changed constantly as successive governors take power. I believe it was Bush who refused to take people who where clearly retarded of off death row.

That however is just based on some loose recollections...I can;t be arsed researching it!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 148 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2