Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How easy will it be to sell nsr ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: How easy will it be to sell nsr ? Reply with quote

Hi

Because of the crazy insurance in ireland, I probably wont be able to sell it for a deasent price. Its an nsr 125 2001 tri-color, 3500km, unrestricted version. Im going to be "Giving" it to somebody I know in England, this involves Importing the bike ... etc .. might have to have it mot'd ... etc. Will the bike sell easily once ive got it all sorted out and in uk ?

What price should it go for 2500 Squid ?

My other options would be taking it back to South Africa with me, thign is they dont have nsr 125's there, would parts ... etc be a problem ? This is definately my last option because I dont realy want a 125 anymore ...

Richard
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

air
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:04 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put an advert in buyandsell.net for ireland, state the absolute minimum you want and put in "no offers", that will usually catch ppl's eye as being cheap and that its a no bargaining situation.
If its in mint condition you might find someone who wants one that lives outside of dublin.
Its a very slim chance but it can't hurt to give it a shot...

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ive put it in the buyandsell it should be published on saturday, Ive put the price at 4000 euro or nearest offer. Includes a Kryptonite chain and disc lock, taxxed till august and a Lookwell jacket ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevMc
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:33 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel I live in Ireland (Cork) and selling them is close to impossible, I have it insured to July and then I have a problem as well.

Your not alone, good luck anyway

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 16:01 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you break it up and sell the parts separately?...you never know, you might actually make your money back...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a lot more hassle than its worth and Ive only got a month to do it :/

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 16:24 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could take it to SA with you, and then break it up...but yeah, it is a lot of hassle, but it could be a better option than not selling it at all...

just a suggestion though...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider taking it to SA but Ive kinda out grown it ... I want an R6 now *grin* and nsr125's arent sold in south africa and new 125's only sell for about R30, 000 brand new and thats equivelant to 1785 English pounds ... so I wouldent get much for selling it there

air
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:28 - 24 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with 4000, add the 3000 for insurance over here and you have a bike thats unaffordable Smile
Personally for "old" fuckers like myself who have home addresses outside of the dublin area, its not too bad for insurance, with the hike, my premium neither rises nor falls, so next july i'll still be paying about 900 irish (whatever that is in yoyo's)
If you can find another relatively older person, 23 or so, then you might get your moneys worth but there ain't many.

Breaking it is a good idea tho, it'll take a lot longer than a month to get rid of the bits, but you would get money as theres loads of guys in need of parts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1