Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dark eyes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 23:10 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Dark eyes Reply with quote

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me how to get rid of these fuckers, i look like nosferatu and i seem to get black eyes pretty damn easily.

Im sleeping alot (although i do always seem tired), ive cut down on my drinking, i dont smoke anymore, im getting laid, im eating plenty of good food (mainly salads and protein with the odd bit carbs now and then and just got shedloads of fruit in).

Heck ive even been taking multivitamins and vitamin C, both with no seeming effect.

Only thing i can think of is ive been doing ALOT of fitness stuff lately, and lost a fair bit of weight. But they've just come on over the last fortnight or so and ive been eating the same and doing the same amount of fitness (ish) for about 6 weeks now.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WR450_geezer
Nobody likes me

PostPosted: 23:21 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:23 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop pissing people off.... Wink

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 23:25 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

DucatiEVO wrote:
Stop pissing people off.... Wink

Lol i should elaborate. The reason im fit and losing weight is cos im boxing.

When i get clumped in the eye even lightly it seems to bruise unbelievably easy, which may be slightly tender for maybe the next day and then lingers for a fortnight. But im getting darker and darker eyesockets on both sides steadily aswell.

Now considering i never ever bruise its abit weird... no?
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:29 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some kind of light, permanent damage to the blood vessels surrounding the eye, from the boxing????

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 23:35 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

DucatiEVO wrote:
Perhaps some kind of light, permanent damage to the blood vessels surrounding the eye, from the boxing????

Possibly, except ive not been hit on the right eye yet, and thats the one pictured. They look pretty much identical though, just i thought the right eye would be a better control.

Its spreading from the tear duct and slowly defining the whole socket.

Just would be interested to know what causes them and how to get rid of it. Any other suggestions?

So far ive just been told malnutrition exacerbated by the fitness, but id like some confirmation. I've eaten so much fruit today its untrue, just in case Laughing

Edit: Oh and only been hit twice in the left eye and been boxing 6 weeks, doubt its permanent Wink

Essex_Mike
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:46 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got told by a friend that drinking plenty of water can help reduce blackness around the eyes

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:26 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have really bad dark patches under my eyes, no idea why

funnily enough a guy who moved into my old house when we were kids although has this, so i sometimes wonder if it was something to do with the house

sometimes i think i might use a bit of concealer or something.

girls have these makeup pencil things

if you get a pale yellow, it counteracts the purple of the dark patch, and a bit of pink is good

i cant be arsed to use it tho really

if you find a cure that doesnt cost a fortune, let me know

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:47 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concealer?

Poof.

Laughing

Bonny ... get off the net late at night and get more sleep.
And wank less.
Its the blood all draining to the wrong end of ya, geezr.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:24 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes use my GF's moisturiser, i'm sure it works.

Embarassed

Razz Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:25 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your guard up Wink.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 10:33 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

New one to me, however if your cutting carbs from your diet then the fitness your doing will be leavig you fatigued as it takes a while for your body to get used to burning protein & fat as an effecient source of fuel (and even then it is entirely arguable that protein/fat is never a efficient fuel source)

In fact, I would imagine this is whats causing your constant feeling of tiredness. I have never, ever read of a single athlete not using carbs whilst training hard. Myself, I make sure at least 1/2 my daily intake is carbs, 1/2 fruit, half protein.

Fatigue leaves your feeling drained, constantly sore and mentally drained. You'd be surprised how much good food and rest can turn this round.

If you training hard and avoiding carbs then (and I could be mistaken) then your body is not only requiring fat/protein for fuel but also needing protein to repair muscles after training, which could possibly mean your running at a protein deficit as well, but thats just an educated guess on my behalf.

As an afterthought, a lot of boxing takes you into anerobic training (when your cardio and heart are working at max capacity). At this range your body switchs from burning fat to muscle if it has expelled all your carbs. This is not beneficial as you are in effect 'wasting away'.

There you go.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 10:36 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I find vitamin supplements make zero difference to your health. I took vits and minerals everyday for five year and never noticed any significant health benefits. I then started eating fruti and veg every day and noticed significant difference within a couple of months....better complextion, healthier skin, more energy etc.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 10:53 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I sometimes use my GF's moisturiser, i'm sure it works.

Moisturiser - it's the best thing to use.

A friend of mine has dark skin and suffers from dark rings around her eyes naturally. She recommended Nivea Eye Cream and it works a treat. Plus it is cheap Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

techierob
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:31 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

drink less tea and drink more guinness. Seriously.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 12:33 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

techierob wrote:

Then he'll have black poo instead of black eyes \o/

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:10 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
New one to me, however if your cutting carbs from your diet then the fitness your doing will be leavig you fatigued as it takes a while for your body to get used to burning protein & fat as an effecient source of fuel (and even then it is entirely arguable that protein/fat is never a efficient fuel source)

Maybe. I try and have a good load of pasta before i actually do the boxing sessions, early enough so i dont feel bloated but late enough for it to still be giving me energy.

But i have been doing alot of skipping and fitness etc each night in my room, usually without much carbs. Could explain it.

Oh and G, getting out of the way of punches is for pussies (and fast people) Laughing

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:11 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

double posts make baby jesus cry

Last edited by Visitor Q on 15:35 - 07 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 15:30 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as diet, tiredness can simply be explained by overtraining. You might not yet be fit enough to be training 2/3 times a day. To develop a high level of fitness takes months, if not years and suddenly throwing yourself into a harsh regime can sometimes ahve a deetrimental effect.

In reflection though, it does sound like fatigue.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
techierob wrote:

Then he'll have black poo instead of black eyes \o/

LOL

Eat lots of beetroot too and you will have purple wee wee.

Seriously, east loads of anti-oxidents like er . . . . . . watercress & kiwi.

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:00 - 08 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

L'oreal do a blokes skincare range and an eye cream specifically for dark under eye circles. Cost about a fiver and does help. Takes a few weeks of using it daily, before you notice any difference.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 146 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1