Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

boys 70's outfit ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 12 Dec 2006    Post subject: boys 70's outfit ? Reply with quote

My boy ( 11 ) has a school show next week about Abba and needs to dress up. He needs a pair of flares and wide collar shirt.

Anyone any ideas where I could get them quickly online ?

Or do any of you oldies have some old gear at the back of your wardrobe I could borrow ?

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 16:32 - 12 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flares.... Easy.. just buy some crepe paper (plenty about this time of year) Pleat it and sew it to the bottom of a pair of trousers! That way you could also layer it with various psychodelic colours! (or alterantively use pair of white leggings and some white 'wrapping' tissue!
Wide collar.. again easy (depending on your size..) Just cut off the collar of one of your old shirts (or someone who has a very large neck) and sew it onto an existing collar of his, fashioning an extension of sorts!
Or....
You could get an XL man's shirt, trim the bottom off (sew or wonderweb it) and just tie the sleeves so that they are all baggy and puffy, I think they wore something like that then!
Or.....
Maybe you could do the 'dressing gown' look they sported at one stage, if any women you know have a short white kimono type robe?

Any use to you? Confused

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:24 - 13 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour him in with a brown crayon and then get a bin bag and fillit with balls of paper.
Tape that to his head with black electrical tape, give him some crap aviator shades from the party shop.
Find some shoes you dont like and put glitter on them, give him some of your flares, cut them to length.

You could use some material to give him facial hair, this is optional.

He'll look like a 70's pimp crossed with SHAFT.

Ace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Trixie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 13 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Colour him in with a brown crayon
Ace

A mate of my mum's once went to a fancy dress as a big black momma (before the days of PC). She put gravy browning on her face and hands for the "black" effect. It went all streaky and took weeks to come off! Laughing

Seriously, have you got any second hand shops near you where you can adapt what you get? What about any old clothes your kiddie has - like old jeans or trousers where you can split the seam up to the knee and insert extra material (alternatively, a cheap pair from your local charity shop)?

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 18:00 - 13 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In cases like this I...
HEAD FOR THE SECOND HAND SHOPS!!

School is always having dress up for some bluddy thing... do they think we are millionaires!? It's either book day, comic relief, blah blah, and now it's xmas plays!
They actually sent a LIST and DRAWING home this year of what the kids are to wear! Shocked Rolling Eyes Cheek I call it

Anyway..my daughter needed a 60s PINK skirt, that spins when they twirl round (Rock around the clock thing). And a matching top.
Giving a suggestion of a shop to buy it from (costume shop) Thumbs Down I think not
So, off I went. Got a cheap black skirt from a s hand shop, that had a lil bit of net underneath. I also found a funky pink psychadelic top. So I took them home, cut up a silky pink nighty of mine, re-covered the black skirt.. cut up an old net curtain, sewed that underneath the skirt..VOILA.. a spinny, net filled pink skirt and matching top! Wink
Took 2 days to do though.

Arrow I would start with the s hand shops.. defo
Cheap, and you can find some real old tat there. If it is a bit daunting, just ask the person behind the counter if they have anything suitable. I always do Thumbs Up

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 13 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive not had to do all this..........Yet, but my sister having 6 kiddies will always firsty go to 2nd hand shops to get 'play' stuff. Afterall its only going to be worn once and she saved a fortune.
Other then that, Ebay Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 164 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1