BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Blues&twos

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 02 May 2002    Post subject: Blues&twos Reply with quote

Riding through the town centre last night, minding my own business, as you do. I was just cruising doing about 30, watching the local pubs chuck out the last punters, when I got a flashed by a police car behind me.
'Oh shit', I thought, 'they'll notice my lack of L-plates, tax disc, working brake light etc, etc' Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Policeman gets out and comes over so I take my helmet off and say 'Can I help officer?'. Turns out they're stopping all bikes that they see at night to combat the recent bike-crimewave round these parts. He saw that I had the key and the gear on but still asked a few questions like 'Is this your vehicle....blah...blah....How long you had it?....blah..... ' All the usual stuff. Rolling Eyes
Then he says 'Ok thankyou very much' then drives off. Laughing

'Bloody hell', I thought, 'I got away with it!'

See, not all police are bad, the dumb ones are okay! Wink

anyone else had any lucky escapes?

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 13:37 - 02 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive not had any myself, but a coupla days after my mate passed his test he took me out on the back on his mtx125.
In 1.5 hours we got pulled twice! First time was a bike cop who just gave him a producer and the second one was a tosser in a cage who came screaming past us and cut in front, almost having us off. He didnt bother with lights, sires or anything.
Twat!

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 15:05 - 02 May 2002    Post subject: hehehe Reply with quote

well, ive bin stopped 6 times in the last 2 and a half weeks Razz
and seeing as i have no insurance its quite a shit bringing experience Laughing
usually its just cos i was speeding, but at boxhill that time with ctyson it was cos of a wheelie Smile
luckily every time ive bin let off with a stern talking too .. dumb coppers Very Happy

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 16:14 - 02 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of an example are you setting Zim!?...no insurance?...tut tut...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:49 - 02 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt no insurance a bit dumb, no offence meant.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 10:35 - 03 May 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

it is a little.. but, when they r charging me 1000 tpo Sad i kinda cant afford it just yet, should sort it out sometime during this month, after i sell my nsr.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 12:23 - 03 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamn zimma! WTF makes it so expensive??

Ive just had a quote at £740 TPFt and im 19 with 1 NCD.

I suggest you ring around mate!

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 12:27 - 03 May 2002    Post subject: its simple... Reply with quote

2 claims, no ncb Sad

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 12:28 - 03 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zim's bike is quite new isn't it?...I've noticed that if my NSR was a couple of years older, then my premium would be a few hundred less!

I had been looking for some RVFs recently, and noticed that a 95 model would cost around £800 TPFT, whilst a 98/99/00 model would be from £1300-£1400!!!

Fuckin' stupid if you asked me!

Tin

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 03 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zim, what were your claims for?, your NSR?

When I damaged some geezers car last year he was gonna claim on his insurance so I gave him the chance of cash in hand (to keep my ncb). Luckily he took it which did me a favour. Very Happy

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:03 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill let you off then.... Laughing

PostPosted: 18:50 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Nice one Reply with quote

Zimma -

It's people like you that make the insurance policies rocket in the first place. Cheers for that.

2 claims, no NCD? Ever thought that maybe you should learn to ride properly *before* you get a fast bike??

PS it's those "dumb coppers" that will be picking your hands and feet off the tarmac when you have a nasty one...
You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 19:47 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: woah man Reply with quote

woah dude

stop teh h8

people are allowed to have accidents, and also piss off with your blaming people for high insurance costs

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:09 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is (sorta) right, it's people with no insurance who then crash who cause alot of the insurance price hikes but bleh,

insurance is a little bit dumb anyway. It's done in totally the wrong fashion.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 20:18 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the brave "Guest" does have a point, although it was very harshly put...as far as know, Zim hasn't killed anyone...yet... Razz

Insurance companies, legislation, and those feckin' "claims direct" type claims force premiums up, not the normal consumers...

Tin

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

My twopenny's worth:

1. What do insurers expect will happen if premiums continue to spiral upwards? More and more uninsured driver are on the roads already so they've left it a 'little' too late to start moaning now.
2. The main reason insurance prices have gone up in my opinion is the change in the liability law that allows a 'US-like' trend where everyone sues everyone else. You've seen the claims direct adverts....we've only got ourselves to blame.
3. Insurance is a f*ckin ripoff....nuff said Evil or Very Mad

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:24 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was kinda harsh 'guest'. It doesnt put our premiums up anyway. If zimma crashes then he will have to pay the cost of the crash to the other driver, right? Someone hit my m8's car, an uninsured little underage g boi, and hes paying back the cost of the accident over a few months.
Dyl

MultiSync

PostPosted: 20:20 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Hi,

Ive fallen in love with the NSR and am going to get one within a few weeks. Currently i ride a Sym Jet 100cc Scooter, which costs me £312 a year TPFT, my insurance company (Heath Lambert) are not going to charge me any more to change to the NSR 2001, by the way im 19, 2 years NCB.

The prices ive seen here are a little high? Or is bike insurance generally high down south (im from north east)?
You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:24 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

The two years NCB will make a *big* difference at 19.

btw... you'll get more replys if you post a 'new topic'

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 20:38 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: hey guest.. Reply with quote

you dont even no my fuckin situation so y dont u fuck off.. u dont even no what happened in my 2 accidents, for your fucking information, i was filtering past traffic and some silly old bat decided to pull out from her driveway through the middle of the cars, now seeing as i was on a fucking cg in the wet with no damn brakes (have u ever ridden a cg biatch?) what am i supposed ot do eh?
so y dont u suck my fucking cock till i cum in ur face, whos your daddy?

and if u ever give it to my face ill knock 10 tonnes of shit out of ur fucking goofy ass.

slag!

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:45 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, can this be put in the fight and flame wars plz?? Quality bitching. Its well harsh the way accidents that arent even your fault put up your premiums. Dont diss the cg....
Dyl

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

MultiSync- where abouts in the north east do you live?

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:05 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen wrote:
MultiSync- where abouts in the north east do you live?

Newton Aycliffe, its about 6 miles from Darlington, Co Durham
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 05:53 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i was filtering past traffic and some silly old bat decided to pull out from her driveway through the middle of the cars, now seeing as i was on a fucking cg in the wet with no damn brakes (have u ever ridden a cg biatch?)

i had same sorta thing the brakes are crap on CG's.

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Newton Aycliffe, its about 6 miles from Darlington, Co Durham

thats really close to me- I'm in Bishop Auckland, about 8 miles from Darlington. Bad area for buying bikes, you can't find them anywhere.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 353 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2