Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Great Christmas.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 19:52 - 22 Dec 2006    Post subject: Great Christmas. Reply with quote

Hi,

Just been informed that my wee doggy has had to be put down. I didn't even get to say goodbye to her or stroke her belly one last time.

I love her so much I don't know what to do, she was so special to me and a unique dog in every respect, she could turn a crisp packet inside out with ripping it and everything. We have been through so much with her, from when she broke her leg years ago to when she had a litter of pups more recently. I still remember the first time I saw her, with her little brothers and sisters running around on the farm.

I wouldn't usually write in here but it has hit me hard and I felt like writing it somewhere.

I want to have some sort of tribute to her, I was thinking maybe a tattoo as that is the only way I know how to tribute and I would never regret having one for her. I'm just not sure what to have it of. Any ideas?

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

Rest in peace my little Shadow. Sad

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/dscf0018_116.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/dscf0035_116.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob-B
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:18 - 22 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sorry man, I know how it feels. Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 21:31 - 22 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the words mate, my Dad has had a cross made professionally and she is being laid to rest in the back yard. She leaves behind her 'husband' Blue, who we hope will be ok as for some reason dogs seem to understand what has happened.

I miss her so much, have decided what to get in memory of her. Thanks to everyone who has consoled me on MSN too. Thumbs Up Crying or Very sad

shonajoy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:09 - 22 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, she was absolutely beautiful. I work in a vets, and it's so sad when anyone loses their baby, but especially this time of year.
Crying or Very sad

I'm so sorry.

Shona

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 22:18 - 22 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Joe, I'm so sorry Sad

I hope you can remember the best of times you had with Shadow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 22:27 - 22 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys it means alot. I found out she was only 7 and it was a womb infection and kidney failure that she had.

Here she is giving Blue a kiss.

Crying or Very sad

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/dscf0036_516.jpg

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

((hugs)) Joe, I was thinking why not sponsor a dog as a tribute, help a less fortunate one? It's horrid when you loose a pet, theyre so much part of your life Sad.

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear this Phantomtek. I own 2 dogs that are like my kids and when they eventually pass on me and the missus will be inconsolable. But remember time heals mate. Thumbs Up Just give lots of attention to the one thats left. Sad

Last edited by Nb on 12:32 - 23 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total

beatnck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:15 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sorry for you mate.... ive lost a few dogs before and its never nice Sad
in the past ive planted a little tree in the garden as a memorial, i also like the idea of sponsoring a dog in a rescue centre or something.
just remember that you gave her a good life, and that she was happy Thumbs Up

Ork12
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:21 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Sad

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 13:51 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

Very sorry to hear your sad news (hugs)
She looked like a lovely dog.

I really feel for you. The cross will be very fitting and a good place that you can visit to grieve and be near her again.

My dog Norm is like a child to me. He is almost 7 now, and I cannot bear the thought of him not being here when I open the front door. Sad I have lost 2 dogs in the past, but we always put ourselves through it again don't we?
Better to have loved and lost ...

JO xxx

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 19:41 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot guys it means the world to hear your kind comments at this time. Though, this thread makes me well up when I read the comments and see the pictures.

I have decided on my tribute to her and maybe in the future I will sponsor a dog that is less fortunate than she was.

I suppose the consolation comes in the fact that every waking minute of her life was a happy one, shes given life to about 14 other dogs and made a family and her hubby very happy with everything she did.

She will be missed. Crying or Very sad

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 20:08 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treasured Friend

I lost a treasured friend today,
the little dog who used to lay
her gentle head upon my knee
and share her silent thoughts with me.

She'll come no longer to my call,
retrieve no more her favorite ball.
A voice far greater than my own
has called her to His golden throne.

And though my eyes are filled with tears,
I thank Him for the happy years
he let her spend down here with me,
and for her love and loyalty.

Joe....
***Big Hugs***

And to every other person owning or thinking of owning a bitch, Please, Please if you're not going to breed her, get her spayed! Look up Pyometra (sp?) in google...!

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 20:36 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Loz, very touching.

And yes, pyometra is what is thought to have killed her. Big thanks to Stinkwheel for explaining it to me.

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your loss mate, some people don't understand how hard it is to lose a pet.....

RIP

Blackrhythms
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:59 - 23 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a little beauty she was! So sorry to hear your news - I know what it's like too and it is hard! RIP Shadow! Karma

lumphammer
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:25 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel for you. We've got 3 GSD's and one is not long for this world. The missus is a vet so is somewhat used to this sort of thing but it is still really hard when it's one of your own. Sad

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 01:30 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumphammer wrote:
I really feel for you. We've got 3 GSD's and one is not long for this world. The missus is a vet so is somewhat used to this sort of thing but it is still really hard when it's one of your own. Sad

Apart from Blue, we have three other dogs, one quite young, about 1 year old I think, but my Alsatian is 7 and showing his age and another dog we have is very old and I don't think he has long left.

It's really hard to get to grips with to be honest, I've finished my tattoo design and am really pleased with it so I will be getting that done very soon. I would like to say thank you to Kawashima-san for helping me with Kanji translations and making it all possible.

And a thankyou to all those who have commented, you have really helped me out.

Blackrhythms
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:39 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool you've got the tattoo design sorted - will you post a pic when you have it done?

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 20:24 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackrhythms wrote:
That's cool you've got the tattoo design sorted - will you post a pic when you have it done?

Yeah sure, I have posted a rough design in this thread:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1247719#1247719

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.elysianfields.co.uk/new_facility.html

a pet crematorium near you i think. if its anything like the one near me they are quite sensitive, respectful places. you might find it helps you deal with the loss.

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 21:00 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry Joe, these things are never nice whether you know it's going to happen or not.

Just try to make the most of Christmas and be sure to remember all of the good times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 21:01 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Gavin, what a cool idea.

Jon, that is the plan because the longer it goes on the more positive I am getting, remembering all the things she used to do and trying to remember those. She was so well behaved there never was a bad time.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1