Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

PARTIAL DERESTRICTION

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 21:10 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: PARTIAL DERESTRICTION Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Had a steady go at derestricting my NSR today. Its a 2001 model, Y plate. I have drilled the welds and removed the restrictor in the exhaust and binned it.

I am a little bit wary of fucking my bike up if I try and remove the intake restrictor, so I dunno whether to do it or not???

Anyway, I am at work tomorrow (sunday), so won't get a chance to go out on the bike till monday, and I was just wondering, with just a partial derestriction (the exhaust) will my bike be any faster, or will it be the same till I have derestricted both the exhaust and the intake restrictor???

Cheers

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:20 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please reply!!

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Re: PARTIAL DERESTRICTION Reply with quote

scoobysnacks wrote:

and binned it.

Heart attack!!!!!!
Made me think that you had binned the whole bike (dumb ass).
Anyway ihad a partialy de-restricted bike and nothing went wrong because of it. alot of people fully de-restrict NSR's so partially de-restricting it will not do any damage to the engine, well no more than a fully de-restriction

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:04 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

have u tested it m8? go much better?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 11:36 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the intake the jump in performance is noticeable but overall about 5mph speed boost but so much smoother!

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:10 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i got about 82mph out of it, if I remove the intake restrictor surely it will go faster than 5mph extra???

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can easily get 82 out of a fully restricted bike. you should now be hitting about 90 with no probs. i hit about 102 down a hill with just the exhaust restrictor out. it was much smoother and the full powerband was nearly unleashed. taking the intake out with make it smoother still and increase the acceleration. you should then be hitting 100 on the flat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:44 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

how come i can only get 90 out of mine, its quite hard to get there

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 05 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, is your's fully de-restricted?
90's easily obtainable on a long stretch of road. have you tried going down on the tank? (no-not trying to give it head!)
when i was doing it my elbows were up in the air. my helmet was occationally touching the bike, my neck caned and I was having to look up nearly as far as i could. that's what it's all about!
for the un-flexible out there (me!) try putting your feet on the pillion pegs.
if you've tried all that then maybe there's some welding left in the exhaust. could cause a problem with the airflow.
good luck!

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:57 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: Re: PARTIAL DERESTRICTION Reply with quote

scoobysnacks wrote:

I am a little bit wary of fucking my bike up if I try and remove the intake restrictor, so I dunno whether to do it or not???

Given how hard most people have to try to get the exhaust restrictor out, you stand less chance of screwing it up doing the inlet restrictor. You have already done the difficult part of the job

All the best

Keith

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you're new to taking engine's or whatever apart then the intake's the most scary one to do, but in fact the easiest.
the exhaust is easy as you can't really go wrong, and it makes the most difference to the power. 4 bolts, 3 drill bits, 1 grinding bit and 4 bolts back on. easy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1