Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

He's been done by a VFR400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Performance Reply with quote

Sorry for avin a go at you then mole! i thought you were really havin a go!

Keen,
It does about 50mph on the flat. It takes about 6-7 seconds to 40mph I reckon, and then slowly makes it up to 50. I really love the acceleration, but the top end lets me down when I'm out of the town centre area

Anyone know how fast an 11hp 4 stroke gets to 60 please? (I get my new bike tomorrow Very Happy )

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:44 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sym Jet takes about 5 seconds to get to 40 then after that it goes steady away upto 65 ish (on a flat) does 55 usually, down to 50 on a moderate hill.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

what type of bike are you getting doddmaster?

I'm not sure about 4 stroke 125 0-60 times- I'm sorry to say that I think its pretty long. The Suzuki GS125 I learn't on used to get to 50 quickly then crawl up to about 65 (downhill with the wind behind it Smile ).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:59 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen wrote:
what type of bike are you getting doddmaster?

I'm not sure about 4 stroke 125 0-60 times- I'm sorry to say that I think its pretty long. The Suzuki GS125 I learn't on used to get to 50 quickly then crawl up to about 65 (downhill with the wind behind it Smile ).

Was that one of them from SW in Bishop? I did my CBT on one of those, my scooter is much faster than them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was South Durham Motorcycles that I learn't with in Bishop, they used to be near the bus depot but then they moved to bondgate street- They might have changed their name to SW when they moved cos I can't think of anywhere else that it might be, what does it stand for?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:12 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats who i ment

im gonna get them to give me a few lessons before i sit my test, oh that reminds me i need to post a thread on tests....

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Yeah i was ridin with a gixer 600 the other day see "best day of my life" and he couldnt get his knee down an i went up the inside of him i was well chuffed Laughing there not much you can do on a 12.5 bhp bike getting your knee down is the only thing you can do and it seems to impress the old guys heheehe

Luke

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:31 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Got my bike! Reply with quote

Woohoo! got the bike Smile

Its a Sym Husky, bought it off eBay. Man its ace! Its so much faster than my scoot! I got it at about 6pm yesterday, and by 7 I had the gears sussed and was crusin round to show it off to my mates Laughing

This is the pic from ebay

https://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_367f2134ed599ac9cc6692643e/i-1_B.JPG

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
saw one of those outside work the other day very nice but i prefer sports bikes, looks like your gunna have to join the hells Angles or summin

Luke

zaknafien

PostPosted: 15:05 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yean nice bike but like retro i prefer fairings

PostPosted: 21:41 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TIN you thick Bristolian Twat go play with your little toy little boy!
You must be logged in to rate posts

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 09 May 2002    Post subject: Cruisers Reply with quote

Hey mate

Yeah I really prefer sports bikes, but I got to think "Insurance!" all the time. The policy cost half of what an NSR would cost and a 3rd of what an RS would cost. Plus, it only cost £800 for bike less than 3 years old

I'll keep this to pass my test, and get my years NCB (I already have 8 months from the scoot insurance) then get me a ZXR400 or VFR/RVF400

Danny

PostPosted: 11:36 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant get my knee down on my NSR125RK no matter how hard i try as my tyers start squirming/slidding (my legs r very short though)
Shocked Evil or Very Mad Mad (back tyer only) is this normall. Its got pirelli MT65S's on, would it make a difference with MT75S's ?
You must be logged in to rate posts

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:00 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dodmaster,

I think it's a great looking bike! And I'm glad your pleased with it Smile

Ignore all comments to the contary, if you are happy with it, that's
cool!

Enjoy

Mole

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Choke Reply with quote

Oh man, I went to start it up earlier and impress my m8s at work with the beautiful rumbling noise it makes, and it wouldnt start :oops: they were all laughing at me so badly. Anyway, I eventually got it going with the kicker (after about 20 kicks) and got it home. I then tried to start it again and it wouldnt. Then I remembered the choke, I put that down and it started easily. My question is- how long do I need to leave it down for in the future?

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doodmaster- I agree with mole, each to his own- a bikes a bike. You wanna get a leather jacket with 'LIVE TO RIDE' on the back! Laughing

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a similar looking bike in Bishop before- always riding with a scooter. Thats's not you is it MultiSync, cos I think I remember you said your mate had a custom-style bike?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:40 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean how long should you leave the choke on for???

I always leave mine on for as shorter time as possible. A minute max, I only use the choke to get the bike started and to let it warm up slightly, as soon as it will tick over on its own with no choke I leave it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2