Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So, 2007 Tour Plans...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 16:57 - 07 Oct 2006    Post subject: So, 2007 Tour Plans... Reply with quote

Yes, yes, I know it's only October 2006, but the summer biking season has all but ended now so i'm thinking of plans for next year. Haven't done any touring yet so i'm thinking a tour next year could be a definate for me on my uni break.

Don't want to go abroad yet, just some touring of Britain, ideally Scotland. So hoping to go to Scotland in like July time, just before the Summer Holidays. Get some money saved up, which could mean new bike might be out of the question, but I can tour Scotland on a Bandit.

So does anybody have any provisional plans for touring next year or am I jumping the gun a bit? Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jay_666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 07 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: So, 2007 Tour Plans... Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
So does anybody have any provisional plans for touring next year or am I jumping the gun a bit? Razz

Well i'm planning on going down to cornwall for a few days, if i can get time off work Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

markandmindy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:10 - 07 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B, if you're planning on doing Scotland, go before July, it's the start of the midge season!!!! I'm planning for either the end of may, 1st week in June fo another trip to Scotland. Might be doing the Pyrenees if I can get the funds sorted. otherwise, it'll be just blatting around Cornwall again. Fairly centrally located here in cornwall so it isn't all bad. just wish we had the Scottish roads a bit nearer!!!

beatnck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:51 - 07 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

by spring i hope to have my full license and a bigger bike, so im hoping to go touring next year for maybe a week or two.
i havent got any biker mates so it most likely be on my own, unless i can find a biker buddy to go with

anybody offering...?? Laughing

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:47 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, I could be up for this. Maybe. If I have a bike. And new kit. And I'm not at uni still. Neutral Mr. Green

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:29 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finish uni on like June 15th, so maybe last week of June if you like. My scouser flatmate also might be coming along as he rides a bike.

Will get something planned up nice and early. Very Happy
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 13:53 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotland, Tour in MAY, July is like the wet season, May is supposed to be the dryest, we went in July and it Rained all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 14:09 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just can't do May, i'm still at Uni. Will have to endure the rain on a Corrosion prone Suzuki.

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 15:04 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started toying with the idea of heading back out to France again at the start of September next year. Will probably end up going with Feef, Niff, Ashmath and Mike again as well as anyone else that wants to come along (although we might need to get a bigger villa Confused )

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning a tour of Italy and Greece in early spring next year. I'd also like to do Spain- I have a mate from near oviedo, another who's gonna be living down in the south of spain for 1 year and my girlfriend's from barcelona and she has friends and family in madrid, so a trip would make sense! its never too early to start planning Thumbs Up

But I'd like to do something before the weather gets bad though, maybe a a weekend somewhere nearby.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 01:17 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is too early, I've seen people on other forums organising tours two years in advance!

No plans for me so far.

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:58 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to go over to the Isle Of Man (probably outside TT season though)

Also Dublin, then down to the south coast of Ireland, and around Waterford & Wexford where by great grandparents originally came from.... (well OK I want an excuse to get pished on Guiness or Murphys Thumbs Up Wink )

chris___
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:59 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done any touring yet either, definately going to Scotland next year with the GF Razz

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im determined to do a spin over europe at some point. Like to do the nurbergring as well Thumbs Up

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:04 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to do the ring at somepoint as well, The Ring being the Coventry Ring Road. See if I can do it in less than 2 mins. Laughing

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 18:18 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoHippy wrote:
I've started toying with the idea of heading back out to France again at the start of September next year. Will probably end up going with Feef, Niff, Ashmath and Mike again as well as anyone else that wants to come along (although we might need to get a bigger villa Confused )

I have an idea for a trip which is maybe 2 weeks, will have a villa stop-over for a few days, but also incorporate some serious riding.

I'm thinking ferry from portsmouth to Bilbao.. ride up thru the pyrenees.. get a villa near Aix en provence (where we were this year, but bigger) stay there for a few days, and then make the return leg by riding up thru the Alps, into Italy, Switzerland, germany, and then home (somehow).

I reckon 2 weeks should cover it, with maybe 5 days sail/ride to the villa, and 4 days ride home from the villa, with 5 days in the house.

I also have a hair-brained idea for a weekender, that I think I'll do early summer.

I think I'm nuts Very Happy
those I've told about it think I'm nuts Smile

You'll have to wait see Very Happy

a

mike_23
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

feef wrote:
PsychoHippy wrote:

I have an idea for a trip which is maybe 2 weeks, will have a villa stop-over for a few days, but also incorporate some serious riding.

I'm thinking ferry from portsmouth to Bilbao.. ride up thru the pyrenees.. get a villa near Aix en provence (where we were this year, but bigger) stay there for a few days, and then make the return leg by riding up thru the Alps, into Italy, Switzerland, germany, and then home (somehow).

I reckon 2 weeks should cover it, with maybe 5 days sail/ride to the villa, and 4 days ride home from the villa, with 5 days in the house.

I also have a hair-brained idea for a weekender, that I think I'll do early summer.

a

Very Happy Funnily enough I have been looking and going down the West Coast of Frances and Northern Spain. Maybe we need to meet up for a drink or 3 and work something out. Loads of ideas already Twisted Evil

-Ali-
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:01 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend and i are riding to Vladivostok in Russia. Should be good

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 22:58 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

feef wrote:
PsychoHippy wrote:

a

A two week trip is gonna be out of the question for me, I'm gonna struggle to get more than 14 days off, add time to get out there and back and I'll have about 5 days riding Sad

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:05 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoHippy wrote:
A two week trip is gonna be out of the question for me, I'm gonna struggle to get more than 14 days off, add time to get out there and back and I'll have about 5 days riding Sad

Could arrange something so the time in the house is over a common week, but how long people to get there, and what route they take, is up to them

I've been looking at the Gites De France website, and there's some massive places, including one that sleeps 24 Surprised

a

Modo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:41 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be planing a trip to the Alps early June. Last year we did this run stopped at a fantastic bb in Chamonix, used this as a base to do some amazing rides out into Italy and Switzerland.

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modo wrote:
Will be planing a trip to the Alps early June. Last year we did this run stopped at a fantastic bb in Chamonix, used this as a base to do some amazing rides out into Italy and Switzerland.

Yout toured on that busa in your avatar? nice Thumbs Up that must be a bastard for tyres though?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy in 2007

Hopefully to visit the Ducati factory.

Razz

/me secretly hopes it's as nice as France Mr. Green

Modo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:56 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen wrote:

Yout toured on that busa in your avatar? nice Thumbs Up that must be a bastard for tyres though?

Yes toured on my busa and I will say this FANTASTIC Very Happy

Not too bad really but did make the mistake of not getting a new tyre before we left.
I still have the same tyre on now and it has done 4000 miles and I still going strong, I use the bike everyday for work so it does get plenty of use but not thrashed.

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 12 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will possibly take a run down to the Czech Republic to do a music festival that I went to this year whilst touring. Would probably aim to spend either a week taking in Germany, or a spend a bit longer and do Austria and Switzerland instead. The music festival would be just 3 nights.

After doing a 'fairly' significant tour this year I've kind of lost the motivation for high mileage touring for the time being. Other things I've got bouncing around the back of my head are a backpacker style tour of Spain (hitting all the cities for the infamous nightlife), or Norway on a trailbike. I also reckon Bosnia would make a good destination for a medium-distance tour on a budget, the scenery is kind of like Norway on a smaller scale, but with much lower prices Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 217 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3