Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Christmas in Sydney?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 15:37 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Christmas in Sydney? Reply with quote

Well I've had a pretty crappy Christmas and am determined not to spend next year's stuck in this grey and miserable country.

The thought of spending Crimbo on a beach somewhere with a nice cold beer sounds extremely tempting.

As it happens the opportunity to spend next Christmas in Sydney has arisen Dance! Has any one else done this and what did they think?

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to do something like that but i know i wouldn't come back. Smile

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 15:47 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
I'd really like to do something like that but i know i wouldn't come back. Smile

Well I might not....

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 15:55 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe

You'll have to come look us up if you do. Looks like I'm going to be spending the next 3 years out there if I get the go ahead from work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the guys from work went there for 6 months temporary contract and never came back. That was 3 or 4 years ago, and he even got married over there last summer Thumbs Up

If you have the opportunity, go for it!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 15:59 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
Joe

You'll have to come look us up if you do. Looks like I'm going to be spending the next 3 years out there if I get the go ahead from work.

You lucky git! When I go out I'll definitely hook up with you Thumbs Up I'm really tempted just to do the whole year in Oz thing.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 15:59 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall most likely be in New Zealand this time next year, though there's a small possibility I may be in Oz, not sure how long I shall be there for.

It's fucking 'BCF goes down Under'!

My relatives all have a big BBQ/piss-up on chrsitmas day. Temperature where they are is about 35 centigrade atm. Pretty common thing out there, like a big relaxed beach party from what I've heard.

Last edited by Irezumi aka Reuben on 16:01 - 27 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 16:01 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:

You lucky git! When I go out I'll definitely hook up with you Thumbs Up I'm really tempted just to do the whole year in Oz thing.

To be honest, whilst your young enough you could apply for a working holiday visa, which will let you work in oz (up to 3 months for any single employer).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 16:04 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
To be honest, whilst your young enough you could apply for a working holiday visa, which will let you work in oz (up to 3 months for any single employer).

Yeah I did look into it a while back. Depends on how something turns out for me early in the year really. If I don't get the job I'm after then I'm gone. Very Happy

Stridz
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Canada last year, fantastic for christmas. Loved every minute of it, but my mood completly changed when the plane touched down in England Sad

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 17:22 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in NZ for a couple of years and spent two christmas's there Thumbs Up One on the beach (my first there) where crimbo dinner consisted of a litre of vodka and a banana and a long wait in hospital with extreme sun-stroke Embarassed

The next with friends and their family at their home just outside Hamilton, that was great.

It's brilliant sitting in the garden on christmas day, bottle of beer / cold wine in hand!!

I'm planning fucking off next crimbo too, Thailand, Fiji, NZ, Oz, Gambia, anywhere to be honest, I don't really care - just as long as it's not here! Laughing

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent Christmas 2005 in New Zealand, was great 28 degrees got drunk and had a BBQ Cool .
Went over to OZ just afterward, New Years day was one of the hottest days of the this year, 45 degrees I think spent the day sleeping and playing on Bondi Beech, wish I could do the same this year Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:30 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather spend christmas in somewhere cold like sweden.

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once were in the new year I'll be applying for my 6 month working visa for Australia. My brother moved over in the summer on a 3-4 year skilled visa basis for the coal mine he now works at, he told me that one of his friends applied for the 6 month working visa and has been granted to stay for a couple more years. Someone told him that the temp reached 42C on new years eve last year in Oz. Cool

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it and don't look back.

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:30 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say, get yourself off Thumbs Up

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 09:25 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an idea Joe, come live in Dubai for a year and bring the ZX6R Very Happy

Bearing that in mind, i might be sodding off to Oz next year to instruct some kiteboarding. Thinking

So many descisions!

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 09:48 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what I prefer. Being stuck in a country where is it overcast and about 6 degrees Celsius, but you have central heating and a little fire to get cosy around, with the Roast dinner being nice and warming.

Or being excruciatingly hot in a country and having a BBQ. Yes BBQ's are nice, but I wouldn't like to be sweating like a pig.

TBH the whole xmas in the UK is actually more appealing to me.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 09:52 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
I don't know what I prefer. Being stuck in a country where is it overcast and about 6 degrees Celsius, but you have central heating and a little fire to get cosy around, with the Roast dinner being nice and warming.

Or being excruciatingly hot in a country and having a BBQ. Yes BBQ's are nice, but I wouldn't like to be sweating like a pig.

But add in to the equation that your body would have more than likely adapted to the warm weather.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 10:00 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously and I understand that the relative humidity is a lot lower than what we get in the Summer in the UK. I just like the thought of a cosy Christmas. Horses for courses and all that Jazz.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:26 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to remember if we actually spent Christmas in Australia - definitely spent New Year's there as a kid.
Though, going to Australia we'd pack our warmer clothes, as it tended to be a bit cooler than Papua New Guinea where we lived!

If you have been to Australia, I'd definitely take the opportunity - just for something different, if nothing else.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent three consecutive Christmas's in the sunshine state - was fun, the sun was out and the beer was cold, but its not the same as being here (traditional).

Worth a go tho Smile

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get gone to Australia mate, i think this time when i go, i wont wanna come back.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you still come on ride outs?
If I was your age I'd definitely go for it. Not quite the same thing but 8 years ago me and Mandy(wife) went to Thailand for 6 months. Believe it or not I was terrified of quitting my job and my flat. It seemed like such a big deal at the time, getting right out of my comfort zone. It is one of the best things I've done.
If you don't like it (yeah right) you can come back.
Thumbs Up

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 17:19 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael j wrote:
Will you still come on ride outs?
If I was your age I'd definitely go for it. Not quite the same thing but 8 years ago me and Mandy(wife) went to Thailand for 6 months. Believe it or not I was terrified of quitting my job and my flat. It seemed like such a big deal at the time, getting right out of my comfort zone. It is one of the best things I've done.
If you don't like it (yeah right) you can come back.
Thumbs Up

It's something I think I'll do - like you say I can always come back. The whole not wanting to come back thing does worry me a bit because I've got some cracking mates over here and my poor bike Rolling Eyes She'll miss Daddy.

But if I look at it realistically there's not much to stop me. Like you say just get out of my comfort zone and get on with it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2