Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

fucking finance company

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat via View Category Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:50 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: fucking finance company Reply with quote

They turned me down for finance because of my age!

So this means ill have to buy one cash, unfortunatly i aint got £3800 cash, so is there any other used bike it would be worth going for.

Heres my dilema, my provisional expires in September, so i need to be through my test by then, do i a) get an NSR and drive that for 2 years, b) get somthin bigger and have it restricted to 33bhp?

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:52 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a personal loan, your bank may lend you the money. How old are you anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:54 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

im 19, yes the bank are itching to lend me the money but there loans are a rip off.

I just did a quote for a Suzuki GS500E, TPFT = £500 , Same as the NSR (might not be worth me getting the NSR afterall) - im going to try it for the VFR now, cos theres one for sale round here for £1,100 and it looks the biz.

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bank loan more of a rip off than bike finance - really??? That doesn't happen very often!!!! (Unless you get interest free credit from a bike shop!!) Rolling Eyes

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:04 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im self employed so the only loans i can get are shite ones.

Anyway, i think what im going to do is get through my test and then get a bigger bike, somthing like the GS500, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Which also means i wont loose a years NCB on my current insurance for the scoot.

Danny

PostPosted: 13:07 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky m8, Sad

Have a look through the green ad-mag with the auto-mag inside its out on tuesday, it has loads of bikes in our area (there was a 1992 NSR for £575 ono last week) Very Happy & a few GS500Es for £800.

good luck.
You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 13:07 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definately advise getting a bigger bike, especially if the following factors are true:

1.) Insurance is less than or equal to NSR...
2.) You definately plan to pass your test soon
3.) You can find the right bike

I think that the second factor is probably the most important...the beauty of getting a sports 125 is that learner legal and can be made to go fast without PC plod spotting the difference too easily...
...but, as I said, if you definately plan to take (and pass!) your test soon, then I'd advise that you go shopping for a bigger bike...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:11 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i was thinkin Tin, whats the point of me spending over 4k with the finance on an NSR when i can get a 500 or somthin for alot less for the same insurance.

BTW the quotes were done with me having a full licence not the provisional, they wouldnt touch me with a provisional.

Im going to get through my test on hired bike, then buy a bike when thats done, i shouldnt think it will be to hard to pass the test, ive been riding the scoot for nearly 2 years now and consider myself a safe rider.

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

tin wrote:

...but, as I said, if you definately plan to take (and pass!) your test soon, then I'd advise that you go shopping for a bigger bike...
Tin

I agree.. if you pass your test you will soon be itching to get on a bike with more power.. dont get me wrong the NSR is a great bike but I now regret buying mine and wish I had waited and got a bigger bike cos I lost loads of money on it cos I wanted a bigger bike after passing my test..

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:13 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

im starting to feel glad i was turned down for finance now, rather that utterly pissed of as i was a couple of hours ago Smile

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:14 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny,

What bike have you got again?

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the best way to go Multisync... it may seem a bit frustrating if you want to go and buy a bike now but it is DEFINATLY worth the wait and go for a big bike!! Smile

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:20 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, just booked some lessons on a 125 to get me ready for the test.

BTW, is the bike test easier than the car test, cos i failed 4 times on the car test and gave up, was for silly little things, are they as picky with the bike test?

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 13:25 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i shouldnt think it will be to hard to pass the test, ive been riding the scoot for nearly 2 years now and consider myself a safe rider.

True, the whole point of the test is to see how confident you are on the roads...the only thing that _you_ need to worry about is the manual gears, but that would only take you about a day (probably less) to get the hang of...but remember that the rear brake is now the clutch!

...and good luck with your test...

Quote:
dont get me wrong the NSR is a great bike but I now regret buying mine and wish I had waited and got a bigger bike cos I lost loads of money on it cos I wanted a bigger bike after passing my test..

ditto here mate (well, almost...)...I'm gonna discuss a deal for an RVF tomorrow that would involve my NSR and some cash...

Tin

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm.. I thought it was quite easy?? As long as you show you have good control over the bike and are aware (dont forget your lifesavers!!) and courteous to other road users you should be ok.. the examiners just dont want to let people on the road they think are gonna kill themselves, so just ride sensibly.. seemed to get me through... then once you pass...... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:26 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a couple of lessons on an SR125 a couple of months ago and was ok with it, what i found most auckward was actually having the tank between my legs :S - Hopefully i can have a couple of lessons and then take the test.

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I p/ex'd my NSR for my R6 - dealer gave me the going rate for it but it was only 3 months old so lost shit loads.. thought I could put up with it being deristricted but as soon as I got my full licence was not happy until I had that nice shiny R6!!!! Laughing

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

MultiSync wrote:
I had a couple of lessons on an SR125 a couple of months ago and was ok with it, what i found most auckward was actually having the tank between my legs :S - Hopefully i can have a couple of lessons and then take the test.

Use the tank.. grip it between your knees - good for balance around corners!!!! Laughing

Mind your nuts tho!! Embarassed

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:30 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bikes can i go for when i pass my test, i know i could get an R1 and restricted it type of thing, but what are the most common, i know the VFR is a common one, i was thinkin along the lines of the GS500, any suggestions?

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. dont think the R1 would be happy about being restricted though!! - Ouch and the insurance!!!!!

VFR - great bike for a first bike!!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:34 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

MultiSync wrote:
im 19, yes the bank are itching to lend me the money but there loans are a rip off.

I just did a quote for a Suzuki GS500E, TPFT = £500 , Same as the NSR (might not be worth me getting the NSR afterall) - im going to try it for the VFR now, cos theres one for sale round here for £1,100 and it looks the biz.

You could try an unfaired 400 if the insurance is too high on the VFR... eg bandit 400, cb400, Fazer400 etc... they'll probably be a nicer ride than a GS500... you might even be able to stretch to an unfaired 600... bandir/hornet/sv etc.

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:34 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i wouldnt even consider an R1, i dont think id even get insured on one.

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha are doing a deal atm.. if you buy one of the last 2001 model R1's they're subsidising the insurance - fully comp I could save a fortune over what I'm paying for my R6 - oh well!! Sad

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 14:16 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Erm.. I thought it was quite easy??

That's what we were just saying!...that "the test shouldn't be too hard"...

Or have I misinterpreted what you said?

Not that it matters...

Tin

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 10 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Rob is your R6 restricted to 33bhp? an what colour is it?

Luke
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 15 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat via View Category All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2