Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Smelly Colleague

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 17:26 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Smelly Colleague Reply with quote

I've had a new lad start in the office and he's a very nice chap but he smells. Bad B.O Sick

How do I go about telling him?

My preferred method would be "You stink, sort it out" but I don't think this would go down too well.

grandmaster
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jump out from behind a cabinet and attack him with deoderant.

Very Happy

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 17:33 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send him a anonymous letter telling him he smells, with a can of lynx taped to it. Thumbs Up
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Trixie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate of mine once worked with a very smelly chap. The subtle method didn't work, so they used to tie those little tree type car air freshners onto 3 or 4 fans and point all the fans in his direction - and he still didn't get the hint! Sick

There are a few ways to deal with this:

1. It's not your job to tell him he smells, I'd mention it to your manager if I were you; that's their job!

2. A subtly placed can of BO Basher on the desk sometimes works, but runs the risk of extreme embarassment on his part.

3. Avoid getting into lifts/confined spaces with him!

It's really grim when people stink of BO, and it can be down to total laziness on their part - however, it can also be down to some sort of condition that's beyond their control, so go easy on him, just in case it's the latter!

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 18:13 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=97395&highlight=

Should get some good ideas from there.

Just try not to embarrass the guy, and if you have to, make sure its not infront of anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mozzer
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:21 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ruthless back in school one time and just sprayed a girl myself. Fat stinking bitch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dont shower for a week, go for a few jogs, then sit with a fan to the left of you as he's to your right... Laughing

He may then realise?

the litte car freshners made me laugh, I like Mr. Green

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:17 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in defence of him here, but sometimes people can do all they can to not smell bad and still smell.

I shower pretty much everyday, spray deoderant, aftershave and wash my hands and bits all the time, yet sometimes I can smell a bit B.Oish, sometimes people just smell more. Unless it is blatantly obvious he doesn't take care of himself enough then say something, but remember it will probably do a lot of damage in the short term.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody my girlfriend worked with was... a bit on the fragrant side.. if this person had been in the room for any ammount of time the smell remained for a long time Sick apparently this person showered dayly, but never washed their clothes! hence the stench..

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should do it:

https://www.313merch.com/big_images/you_stink.gif

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to see your manager as any involvment by yourself could be seen as Harassment, and even then he/she needs to be carefull on how they approach the subject...

I used to work with a woman that stank of sex, it was getting that bad that she smelt like Corned Beef...And the best bit was she was the Ugly Sisters Uglier Sister, who what why and how would want to Touch let alone bump fucking Uglies with it was beyond everyone.....

How did we resolve the said situation.....I Jet washed her in the yard...Went down like a Fart in a Spacesuit but Meh it got the job done.....And me on a Warning...LMFAO.....

HTH... Thumbs Up

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 21:26 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set up a hotmail account and send them an email.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Army method used to be:
All the lads in the block would grab'smelly', strip him, throw him into an empty bath, cover him with Vim etc and scrub him with bass brooms.
You may want to consult with your manager before attempting this. I think there may be some H&S issues....
HTH Thumbs Up

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 21:44 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael j wrote:
The Army method used to be:
All the lads in the block would grab'smelly', strip him, throw him into an empty bath, cover him with Vim etc and scrub him with bass brooms.
You may want to consult with your manager before attempting this. I think there may be some H&S issues....
HTH Thumbs Up

Laughing

Unfortunately my manager is also in charge of H&S so you can safely say I'd be out the door.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:37 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan this with your work mates.. all go into the office one day and say pwooarr whats that smell and start investigating around the office looking for the smell and spraying air freshner without saying or looking to the smelly colleague.. and say things like you'll have to call a plumber out to check the drains and stuff if the smell doesn't go away soon Laughing

Maybe he'll realise its him and do something about it... or punch you in the face Shifty Laughing
mrtEE This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use this, it allows you to send an anonymous e-mail to your co worker. Just say in the email something like: "Hello, you seem to smell of B.O. quite strongly. Please use the showers before coming to the office. Thank you."

https://annoyingcoworker.net/

I remember when I was working in a shop part time. One of the guys stank of B.O. quite badly. When he walked passed, there would be a trail of B.O. which would last for about 30 seconds after he had walked passed. I am glad I never worked there for much longer.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 00:40 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My manager did it to one of the guys we worked with walked in with a can of deodorant and some shower gel and told him to go home and take a shower Laughing

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 01:24 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR-AD wrote:
I used to work with a woman that stank of sex, it was getting that bad that she smelt like Corned Beef

WTF kind of women do you hang around with??? Shocked

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 11:37 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrtEE wrote:

wash ur cheesy bellend more mate Sick

Least I got a bell-end to wash you flange.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 11:45 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a shit in his draw, that will sort him out.

Resurrection
Ballast Boy

PostPosted: 11:50 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
I'm not in defence of him here, but sometimes people can do all they can to not smell bad and still smell.

I shower pretty much everyday, spray deoderant, aftershave and wash my hands and bits all the time, yet sometimes I can smell a bit B.Oish, sometimes people just smell more. Unless it is blatantly obvious he doesn't take care of himself enough then say something, but remember it will probably do a lot of damage in the short term.

You tried anti perspirant? I never stink but can get abit sweaty when using normal deoderant

Res

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:39 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrection wrote:

You tried anti perspirant? I never stink but can get abit sweaty when using normal deoderant

Res

It gave me a rash when I last used it. Smile

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:43 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
It gave me a rash when I last used it. Smile

Vaseline Intensive Care, for sensitive skin. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
NSR-AD wrote:
I used to work with a woman that stank of sex, it was getting that bad that she smelt like Corned Beef

WTF kind of women do you hang around with??? Shocked

If you read the post I don't hang around with ' That ' kind of woman... Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2