Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone got a karaoke machine? I need help.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Anyone got a karaoke machine? I need help. Reply with quote

I bought my mum one of these for her Christmas (it's her 60th coming up and she wanted one for a party in the house):
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/dance_like_a_monkey/karaoke.jpg
Has anyone got one of them or one similair? The microphone that came with it was a piece of tat (far too quiet and had to be held right up to the lips to get any sound out of it even on full volume!). She has tried two other types of mikes from Comet, one was even quieter, and one made no sound at all! Rolling Eyes

Is it just a piece of shit machine that I bought her (it was only £60, but it's not like there's a lot of technology in it), or should we be looking at better quality microphones to hear any improvement.

I can't stand Karaoke myself, but it's only 3 weeks until the party so I want to try and get it sorted before then.

Ta for any help. Thumbs Up

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bought 'your Mum' one for Christmas!

I'm sorry Buddy but with a moniker like 'DanceLikeAMonkey' there's no way that you're gonna get away with that whopper.

If you wanna sound and look like Carl Douglas then you're gonna have to splash out on something high tech not the ball of string and paper cup style tripe that you've invested in so far.

Confess all to the BCF masses and I'm sure they'll come up with a decent system that'll have you bellowing out Kung Fu Fighting and strutting your stuff (and fighting with 'expert timing') around the living room in a matter of minutes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/kungfu/gallery/340/carldouglas.jpg
Help 'DLAM' transform himself into his Hero

Oh and I can't believe you used your Mum in this elaborate karaoke entwined tail. Scientific experts have proved that like smoking fags every time you use your Mum to give a fib a bit of credence you'll take 5 minutes off your life Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I just rang her and she says you've got to shut yer face and stop picking on me! Honest. Embarassed Laughing

What she wants is something that is going to sound loud, but not distort, and not have the need to have a microphone jammed in your gob for it to pick up anyone singing. The microphone that came with it is barely louder than the backing music even with the microphone on full volume.

She is willing to spend up to £30, but would prefer it if it was a bit cheaper.

Any advice for this poor woman?

ps I can dance like a monkey, but I sing like a banshee!

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound right to me, £60 is a fair amount to pay for an amateur karaoke system. I'd take it back, tell them it's faulty, and get another one. If that ones nasty as well, take it back and get a different one.

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it's out of Argos' 16 day money back period so it might be a struggle getting them to take it back (especially since I lost the receipt somewhere between wrapping it and her opening it on Christmas morning Rolling Eyes )
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if she kept the box. I'll speak to her today and see.

(I bet you £50 she hasn't Rolling Eyes )

Thumbs Up

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt realise it was five minutes I always thought a kitten died like when you wank??

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

queen of string wrote:
I didnt realise it was five minutes I always thought a kitten died like when you wank??

Nah, that's an old wives tale told to teenagers so that their Mum's don't have to clean the duvet or employ a celing artexer every three days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score! Argos gave us a refund. We went across to Comet and they had a more expensive one (£90 I think), but she tried it and the sound out of that was so much better even though it was using the same microphone, and it came with a built in screen too. Looks like the MTV one was just cheap shite after all.

Got to see if I can get one of the more expensive ones online now, to save a few quid. She had better use this a bloody lot! Laughing

Thanks for the help guys. Thumbs Up

ps For the record, I never wanked when I was under my mother's roof - I always used to point it out the window.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1