Fekin weather

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 12 May 2002    Post subject: Fekin weather Reply with quote

Hi
Just got back from Box hill, met up with G,zim,kris,andy and Kornel, anyway it ony started raining, i went home, an now its all sunshine an blue sky Evil or Very Mad , lol zims got a funny story to tell if hes not too embaressed to tell Razz hehehe

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:44 - 12 May 2002    Post subject: Re: Fekin weather Reply with quote

On the way back I was just overtaking a coupla cars in a 30... probably at around 60, then, coming round a corner noticed a coupla bike coppers on the other side of the road, just pulling out as I went past them.... ohhh shit... slowed down till I was out of sight then buggered off.

Got to about 6 miles away from my house and stopped to see if a CBR600 on the motorway hardshoulder was allright... he'd run out of petrol but had just been sorted out. Pulled away into the traffic, got a false neutral, changed gear still no power... frantic left foot work and still nothing so had to pull back on to the hard shoulder for the CBR6 to see if I was allright.
I ended up getting to "go in the big truck with the flashing lights", which got to me with in 20-25 minutes. hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted under the warranty... I'll see if I can blag a courtesy bike as well.
Not happy anyway becasue I was supposed to be going for a ride with some mates when they finished work at half four :cry: .

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:11 - 12 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to go in the truck with the flashing lights??? Lucky boy.... Hope the bikes not too badly mullered. N e idea what it is??
Dyl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:13 - 12 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somethin to do with the clutch... i thought it was a moderatley slow when the clutch 'burns out'... while this was pretty much instant. It could possibly something to do with the gear box but I reckon the clutch is more likley.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 20:41 - 12 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was nice meeting up, shame about the rain but I'd not been out to Box Hill on my bike in nearly a month so I'll take whatever weather I can get. Hope you get the clutch sorted G... Me, Zim & Andrew had a nice ride hope, went a bit mental 'cos the roads had dried out. Oh and cross your fingers for better weather next weekend.

https://www.kornel.com/pics/workshopweekend/doh!.jpg
Laughing DOH! Laughing

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 12 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Soz to hear about that G, i know was a shame bout the weather. Went for a ride with my mate on his VFR, completely blue sky really nice ride, oh and i wore my knee sliders all the way to the leathers oops Razz

Luke

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:30 - 12 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't catch zim's expression on camera, but I reckon it looked something like this:
https://giffould.dynamic-site.net/boxhill/020505/1/zim-port.jpg
(sorry zimma Smile )

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 10:07 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: fuckers! Reply with quote

u bastards Razz Very Happy Laughing

basically, we were all starting our bikes one by one, everything was going fine, then it got to me Laughing ive got this lil problem with my neutral light, not sure what it is, but basically it decides to stay on when the bikes in gear, so, me thinking it was in neutral presses the starter Shocked ... u can guess the rest from the picture Embarassed Confused
Springbok_Tony This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 11:24 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already got my weekend ticket Wink going be cool but like hell am i leaving my bike in a massive carpark surrounded by 130k stoned and drunk people for a weekend Smile

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Re: fuckers! Reply with quote

Zimma wrote:
basically, we were all starting our bikes one by one, everything was going fine, then it got to me Laughing ive got this lil problem with my neutral light, not sure what it is, but basically it decides to stay on when the bikes in gear, so, me thinking it was in neutral presses the starter Shocked ... u can guess the rest from the picture Embarassed Confused

Yes, that was my bike that kinda took the brunt of Zim's bike on its way to the deck! Heart in mouth.....my bike wobbled..... but just stayed upright! Why oh why did I park to the left of Zimma?! Laughing Laughing Laughing
At least he bought me a cup of tea......... 8)

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:07 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe i was tryin soo hard not to laugh Laughing

Luke

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:35 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be able to leave bikes at mine for the Reading Fez... (must remember to get a ticket)... but the garage is a little full with 7(!) bikes a the moment...

Last year it was only /slightly/ muddy but my flat mate had trouble with his vfr on steep slopes, while I was fine on my NSR (I only used it for dropping off stuff, then left it at home and got the bus down)

btw, is anyone going to Glastonbury this year?

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
got my ticket a week ago, ill probably go on the train with my mates, £100 quid it cost me Evil or Very Mad but the line ups soo good, Theres a chat forum for the reading festival in the exact same format as this go to www.thereadingfestival.co.uk and go to chat then go to new style forum its pretty good loads of people 400 odd registered users with over 10,000 posts.

Luke

Viper
Get off my bloody bike!

PostPosted: 15:46 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry zim,
It must be one of those weekends for minor accidents!...

I was riding on the main A4 bath road through Slough yesterday night. And some absolute gimp, had left a brick lieing in the middle of the road.

And guess what, saw it, had no time to swerve, ....therfore hit it head on.

ooooww! Shocked

Came to a wobbling standstill 100yrds later down the road.
I was convinced i had buckled the wheel, as i was doing about 50mph.

Although, on initial inspection i 'think' i have got away with no damage. (?!?)

I just felt a bit of a prat at the time. how can you miss to see a brick in the middle of the road?!?!?

I did go back to move the offending brick off the road, and was quite chuffed to see i had split it right in half!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:14 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrofly wrote:
£100 quid it cost me

aren't they £90?

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke- can you keep up with your mate's 400 on your NSR, or is he always waiting for you?

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 13 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
1 it cost me 100 quid because of p&p booking fee ect
2 At the end of straights he waits for me at the end of some twists i wait for him

Luke
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1