Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bummer - Decisicion to be made

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

scooterboy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:40 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Bummer - Decisicion to be made Reply with quote

Lord March has decided to have the Festival of Speed at Goodwood on the 22nd - 24th June, only the same weekend as the moto gp at Donnington. Oh muppet nuts - what to do ??????? Mad Mad Mad Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

www.goodwood.co.uk/fos

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 16:42 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, Goodwood wins hands down.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

scooterboy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:44 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
For me, Goodwood wins hands down.

Trouble is,,,,,,,I have to agree, but would liked to have gone to the moto GP, first year of 800's an all that.... Wink

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 16:46 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you don't get a chance to body check Murray Walker again at Donnington Smile

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

scooterboy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:50 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
But you don't get a chance to body check Murray Walker again at Donnington Smile

LoL..... Twisted Evil

Think Goodwood will be class this year, the theme is - Spark of Genius – Breaking Records, Pushing Boundaries.’

Sounds interesting...

Goodwood announces theme for The 2007 Festival of Speed

8/1/2007

The theme of the fifteenth Goodwood Festival of Speed, due to be held over the weekend of 22 – 24 June 2007, will be ‘Spark of Genius – Breaking Records, Pushing Boundaries.’

Through this theme, Goodwood will celebrate the glory of the individual competitors and engineering visionaries who took risks in their quest for victory. From the brave drivers and riders who campaigned in the first Brooklands and Isle of Man TT races 100 years ago, through to the land speed record breakers and the cream of the current F1 and World Rally Championship (WRC) competitors, all have made their mark and will be honoured at the 2007 Festival.

The 2007 theme promises to provide an exciting line-up of rarely-seen, pioneering competition and road machines, as well as legendary driving and riding heroes, past and present. Festival visitors can expect to see innovative racing cars that pioneered technical benefits now commonplace in many everyday family cars, including four-wheel-drive and turbo-charging, in addition to less conventional features, such as six-wheels and ground effects for improved traction.

The Centenary in 2007 of both the opening of Brooklands – the world’s first purpose-built motor racing circuit - as well as the first of the gruelling Isle of Man TT motorcycle road races will be celebrated in style at the Festival of Speed. Iconic racing cars and bikes from the Brooklands era and TT will join other glamorous racing machinery in action up the challenging 1.16 mile Goodwood Park hillclimb. A veritable who’s who of famous drivers will also gather together in the grounds of Goodwood House for this popular motor sport event, including many current F1 pilots.

At the top of the Goodwood hill, famous rally drivers will whirl up a storm on the Forest Rally Stage, purposely designed by rallying legend Hannu Mikkola. Everything from early ‘standard saloons, sideways with spot lamps,’ to the thunderous 500bhp Group B cars of the 1980s will be spitting gravel, along with many of the current WRC teams and drivers.

The Sunday Times ‘InGear’ Supercar run will also get pulses racing, as around 40 of the very latest supercars grace the Goodwood hill, some making their debut in action. On a more tranquil note, the Cartier ‘Style et Luxe’ automotive design competition will display 50 of the world’s most beautiful and intriguing machines.

More mouth-watering machinery will be on view in the huge Exhibition areas, along with all-terrain driving action in the Activities Field. Younger visitors will not be overlooked either, with the Junior Festival of Speed providing a wide array of entertainment, from acrobatic BMX and skateboard champions, to karting and a circus workshop. The 2007 Festival of Speed really will have something for all the family.

honey dog
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:24 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Bummer - Decisicion to be made Reply with quote

scooterboy wrote:
Lord March has decided to have the Festival of Speed at Goodwood on the 22nd - 24th June, only the same weekend as the moto gp at Donnington. Oh muppet nuts - what to do ??????? Mad Mad Mad Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

www.goodwood.co.uk/fos

aaahhhhh nooooooooo Exclamation

why did you post this Question

now i am in a complete mess trying to decide between them as well Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

goodwood does look like it's gonna be cracker. . . . . . but so does the moto gp Very Happy Sad Very Happy Sad Very Happy Sad Very Happy Sad

i might see you at one or the other of them Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

bantam
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Goodwood on the Saturday and then up to the MotoGP on Sunday Razz

Had a similar predicament last year... Roger Waters in Hyde Park on the Saturday followed by Donnington MotoGP on Sunday - had to take Monday off work! Very Happy

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 17 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I wanted to go to both events this year but it is now apparent that I have to go on annual camp with OTC - bugger (not that that won't be fun Cool )

Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 27 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the motogp was at Donington Park, Castle Donington.
Has it moved?? Which Donnington is it at now? I did a search on multimap and found 6 donningtons, but I cant find a racetrack at any of them??

https://www.multimap.com/map/places.cgi?client=public&lang=&advanced=&keepicon=true&quicksearch=donnington

10 pence Short
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:44 - 03 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owdamer wrote:
I thought the motogp was at Donington Park, Castle Donington.
Has it moved?? Which Donnington is it at now? I did a search on multimap and found 6 donningtons, but I cant find a racetrack at any of them??

https://www.multimap.com/map/places.cgi?client=public&lang=&advanced=&keepicon=true&quicksearch=donnington

https://www.donington-park.co.uk/contact/ Thumbs Up

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 04 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 pence Short wrote:

Really? I can't believe they have a website as well.
So why cant people fu*king spell it????
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1