BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Helmets...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:11 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Helmets... Reply with quote

after the long and interesting discussion of clothes last week, I thought i'd ask what lids people have...

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:10 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: lid Reply with quote

i have got an OGK orange/white and black, it goes really well with my bike and has a aero dinamic look to it Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:36 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: lid Reply with quote

Some crappy £50 black job (taken all the stickers off so I'm not sure what it is). Want to try a Lazer Revoultion, but the only local shop that sells tehm won't let me try it on Sad.. bastards

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re: Helmet Reply with quote

I think i've got the same as Dan..I've got an OGK AeroBlade in blue and white..It's a okay helmet but i would sooner have an arai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 13:52 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you reckon of yours Summy 'cos that's the bash hat I'd like to buy - looks really trick.

I've got a Lazer Revolution, it's a top bollocks helmet and it lets me smoke while filtering through traffic. The only problems I have with it is the fact the the pull down sun shield scuffs against the actual visor sometimes and leaves marks, and neither of them is cheap to replace - you have to change the whole front flap which costs £80!! Other than that a very nice helmet and the sun visor is the best thing since sliced bread in summer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:06 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: lid Reply with quote

yeah summy that is the same one, looks good with a sportsbike. I think i will get an arai when i get my big bike, they are nice but expensive Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:09 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have on ogk rgx with a racing black visor. the lid looks alright but it's very noisy.

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re:OGK Reply with quote

It's a pretty good helmet. comfy fit, but i have nicked my dads arai a few times and there a better fit.

Dont know how useful that lip is on the back..cant say as i noticed a difference.

But an good arai will cost about £300 and them ogks' are only £180 so i'd sooner have the £120
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:02 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Caberg Brutus in matt black. this makes me look like a: a TIE fighter Pilot or b: a criminal.

It was the only thing in the shop that would fit me- I apparently have an odd-shaped head- chin sticks forward...

Rich T

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:05 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: lid Reply with quote

I used to have a troy cruisner rep b4 it got nicked. what do u think of the simpsons?

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Ive got an AGV helmet, the one with the jokers, its ok but id rather have my mates Quantum F Crying or Very sad
Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Lid Reply with quote

Ive got a AGV X-Vent rossi rep with a black visor, nice lid cost a bit and sound protection is alrite, jokers are also nice!!!

tj

Shamrock
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:12 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Helmets Reply with quote

I got an FM Endor with Taz graphics. Looks cool with a black visor and you always get a second look off other bikers! :o

https://www.nalynn.btinternet.co.uk/Image122.jpg

P.S. Sorry about the pic size!!

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 22:08 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: roof Reply with quote

Ive got a Roof boxster helmet, very nice fit and looks diffrent from everything else so gets alot of second glances, click a button and the front lifts away jsut leaving the iridium visor and my face mask in place, i look like a reject from the death stars control room!

matt

Shamrock
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:59 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Roof helmets Reply with quote

Yeah they look cool minesweeper. Just like the Dark Forces' stormtroopers!

https://hem.passagen.se/redutt/trooper.jpg
https://www.customlids.co.uk/images/roof/boxer_silv.jpg

Last edited by Shamrock on 19:37 - 14 Feb 2002; edited 1 time in total

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 23:26 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

so tempting to get iceman or maverick put on the side Laughing mines navy blue and the visors mainly blue tint, matches my bikes blue silver paintjob and screen

matt

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:46 - 14 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

piccie of mine...
https://www.motrax.co.uk/gaphics/clothing/caberg/brutus%20matt%20black%20thumb.jpg

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 11:04 - 14 Feb 2002    Post subject: lid Reply with quote

i got an aria quantum f in simon crafer colours it cost me £400 and ive got a uridium visor wich cost £70 8)

Russell
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:49 - 14 Feb 2002    Post subject: Arai Quantum F too Reply with quote

I have the Arai Quantum F in Crafer Colours too - Well Nice!. I choose it because of the Quality and the colours stand out when on the Bike.
Russell

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 19:18 - 14 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll have to buy that new helmet after all, I've got a cheap &80 Rayven black shiny jobby, but I've had it nearly two years (I had an even crapper one, but my Deputy Headmistress at the time thought it would be a good idea to cleart out the lockers in the sixth form common room, throwing my lid in one of the big metal bins out the back, I had to go and fish it out and ride home with stinky lid Crying or Very sad luckily they bought me a new one.
Springbok_Tony This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:41 - 14 Feb 2002    Post subject: AGV evo Reply with quote

Ive got an AGV evo, dunno whose replica it is, i think its some japanese rider as its got a fish on the back and a rising sun flag. It was reduced from 300 to 200 squid, but i think its pretty crap for the money. Would rather have a roof in thouse cool retro stripes!!! N e 1 want to identify my helmet???
Dyl

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 17 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a Dainese (silver, with orange and blue stripes) I think ... and some cunt stole it... btw if anyone sees someone with a helmet of that description in dublin run emm off the road or something for me :)

Well that was a good excuse to fork out 450 IEP on a Blue and silver Arai signet :P Will go well with my next bike (Blue R6 !!!!!) but only when I leave this shithole of a country :) I cant afford 10k tpo insurance a year ... 2500 is already too much... think nsr125 is jumping groups this year ... so insurance will be like 4500, So if I dont get old insurance price when I renew bike insurance in august im selling it and getting myself a car .... NSR 2001 good condition, 2600 km on the clock atm, may be ready for sale in august :)

ffs what a long post :P

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 17:16 - 17 Feb 2002    Post subject: lid Reply with quote

heres a pic of my helmut being worn by simon crafar (sorry bout tyhe sizeif it works)

https://helmet_url

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 17:20 - 17 Feb 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

https://Helmet.ipg_url
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2