BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurance Q

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 26 Jan 2007    Post subject: Insurance Q Reply with quote

Is it true that some companies have done away with insuring bikes for certain times of the year - forcing bikers to pay for all round insruance??? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

magpiemale
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:56 - 21 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean pay for only 6 months while the summer is here? then yes but they have brough out ones where you pay monthly so you could just pay for what you need then stop the insurance but then what happens if your bike get's nicked?? and you cancelled the insurance in sept.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 17:48 - 21 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 12 month policy price should take into account the reduced riding mileage in winter, whilst still covering fire and theft while the bike is garaged. Also allows you to build NCB. I would never buy any policy on a short term basis.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 21 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.moneysupermarket.com

It would be a Laff if the bike wasn't there when you stagger out in the leathers come next March/ (Or May in Scotland).

Insurance companies can do whatever they like.
My EX Ins. company tried to rip me off for 40 quid to change the address details for my car policy.

See yous.

I cancelled the policy.
Re-insured with a different Broker (for 100 pounds less).
WITH THE SAME INSURERS.... Shocked

The bike insurers said it was free to change.

Discount Ins. companies have to make a buck somewhere and I THINK THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT. (Sorry for shouting the capslock was stuck on. Embarassed )
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1