PostPosted: 11:19 - 07 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I've ridden a '98 R1

Shocked It's impossible.

Marjay is God.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE ENGINE HAS LANDED! the engine is out, and on the floor. I knocked the swingarm pivot a little too far and it flew out. Cue the bike drunkenly trying to collapse. I got the pivot back in though. I didn't get as much done as i'd liked (mainly due to booze).

I've got a rear wheel for the Ducati rear end now, too. More bits and bobs coming off soon. Plenty of parts going, pm me if you need any!

Will update with pics asap!

jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
The NSR is just too expensive, and parts are hard come by.

You may be suprised. Wink

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
Jack_Cheese wrote:
The NSR is just too expensive, and parts are hard come by.

You may be suprised. Wink

I'll bear one in mind come track bike time Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

something that you might be interested in seeing on ebay:

RG500 motor in RS250 frame

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen wrote:
something that you might be interested in seeing on ebay:

RG500 motor in RS250 frame

That is bloody nice.

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need an up date Very Happy
I hope you've made some progress Thumbs Up
Joe

cokker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:43 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Can't wait for the final product!

Thumbs Up Very Happy

mattjs895
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:02 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats now given me a few ideas for my own cagiva planet.

can't wait to see what the ducati end looks like, if's it's nice, i may even try it mself

cheers

matt

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done bugger all on it since i dropped the engine thanks to illness. I'm on nights next week though, so i'll be spending this weekend in the garage until the wee small hours to get the engine mounted. Will post pics of progress asap!

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:23 - 20 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres these pics Jack? I want to see some shots of the engine mounted up Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 20 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Thumbs Up

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 20 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've nto done much to it lately, due to my shift switching to nights last week and me spending 99% of my time in work or bed. I've got a very very very stubborn shock linkage bolt. It managed to suppert all 63 kg of my bulky frame on the allen key that was wedged into it. I might have to drill it. I've no idea how it's stuck in there, there's no threaded part holding it on! Penetrating oil, WD40, nothing is working!. I can't even get at it with a hammer!

Jack

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 20 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
I've got a very very very stubborn shock linkage bolt.

Any pics?

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 20 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My linkage bolt has resisted all my efforts over the years. I *know* it comes apart, but it's never shifted.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 20 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

my next plan is a length of pipe over the allen key. The lever for the trolley jack should work! Very Happy

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:45 - 21 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using an allen key or an allen socket? if you use an allen socket and a breaker bar/large torque wrenchyou are more likely to be able to get it out. Have you tried using heat (blowtorch) on it?

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 22 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

edd wrote:
are you using an allen key or an allen socket? if you use an allen socket and a breaker bar/large torque wrenchyou are more likely to be able to get it out. Have you tried using heat (blowtorch) on it?

Allen key, not socket. I don;t have any allen sockets, im planning on investing in a set shortly.

I'm reluctant to use heat, as i don't know how it'll affect the frame and/or the linkage.

Jack

dougon2wheels
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 03:48 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Cheese wrote:
edd wrote:

Allen key, not socket. I don;t have any allen sockets, im planning on investing in a set shortly.

I'm reluctant to use heat, as i don't know how it'll affect the frame and/or the linkage.

Jack

use some plus gas on the bolt,far better than wd40,the head/shaft of the bolt tend to seize into the alloy,a blow torch will not damage the frame linkage(unless there is a rubber seal in there,which i don't think there is)and will give you more of a chance to shift the bolt.

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:54 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat, followed by plus gas applied several times over a period of time. Then use an allen socket in the end of a breaker bar. That should shift it. If not I hear freeze and release is good, though the above methods have always worked for me.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one on your project, at least you wont look like the sheep brigade on there fully faired "i look the same as every one else" bikes with matching leathers, T-shirts, boxers and dyed pubes (probably). Very Happy

I love bikes that stand out and scream "IM FUCKING DIFFERENT"

nice one, cant wait to see it finished Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

andy

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, due to work commitments leaving me absolutely demotivated, knackered and generally unwilling to finish this project, i will be returning the bike to stock Sad

It breaks my heart to say that i won't be enjoying the 350cc 2-stroke buzz.

If anyone wants a YPVS 350 motor, radiator, chrome micron pipes (need re-plating and a dent pulling out) or Ducati rear end bits, then PM me.

Crying or Very sad

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame, but dont give up, fighter EVERY bike you get, then look at the sheep with matching leathers as mentioned and laugh like fuck Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

and any sheep that say it looks shit Middle Finger

lmao

dont worry about work, just do an hour a night, you HAVE to be different, it'll be worth it in the end mate, as soon as i have the funds my gpz is getting fightered so i can laugh at bigger faster sheep, cos they all look the same Thumbs Up Very Happy Thumbs Up

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is unique anyway. Polished rims, customised paint scheme, near mirror frame, seat retrimmed in black faux suede, chopped down tail unit with mini indicators, and it's soon to have a blacked out rear light, too! A Planet looks different enough as stock, and i've never seen a 125 get more looks at rivi barn Wink

I think an 'ace will be next on the cards, to be run alongside my 125. It just depends on whether i can afford two bikes that drink oil at an astonishing rate.

Jack
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3