 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:24 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: Nikwax Leather Cleaner |
 |
|
Hi, Got some of this, as well as some leather waterproofer...
Anyone used it before? When I last used it I got lots on the fabric stretch parts of the pants and it was a bitch to get off, will this damage it?
Seems to be quite good although reeks of ammonia. The bottle also says it treats one garment, but I think I used about 1/8th of the bottle!
Is there anything else i need to do to look after them?
T |
|
 DucatiEVO Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 02 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:09 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I tried Nikwax, wasn't too impressed as a cleaner and have switched to this stuff:
https://www.liquidleather.com/liquidl.htm
You have to go easy with the cleaner as it can remove the colouring on some leathers ( I scrubbed instead of 'stirred' ), but the conditioner (GT13) is excellent and I can't rate it highly enough.
 ____________________ aKa: Ducky |
|
 MattEMulsion World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:33 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I use the Nikwax stuff and find it works pretty well. It does have a certain stink though when you are applying it but the smell doesn't last (thank god).
I never use as much as it reckons either and a bottle of the leather restorer probably lasts me for about 4 full goes at my leathers.
My final tip would be not to spray it on the fabric stretch panels as it is called leather restorer for a reason. It won't harm the stretch panels, just make sure you rub it in well/off and next time try to avoid spraying them. ____________________ Yamaha YZF-R6 |
|
 Wooly R6 World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:04 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
2nd that - i think its great - i needed some cleaner to get the bugs off and the Nikwax was what was recommended somewhere, so i tried it and i think its great!!!
I agree that it smells pretty horrible, but it does the job and my leathers looked great after  ____________________ R6 has been sold - 2004 Honda VFR VTEC now sold too - no bike at the moment |
|