|
|
| Author |
Message |
| streetka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 streetka L Plate Warrior

Joined: 14 Feb 2007 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 15:39 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: getting the bike out the garage... |
 |
|
Hi my name is Coral, 22, new to the forum had a read and it looks good!
Been riding since I was 16 a fair few different bikes, but never been above a 125cc because I haven't had the spare cash to pay for the tests etc.
Planning on getting my bike out the garage and start using it to get to work etc to save on the car costs...plus my convertible got slashed so I'm a bit dubious of leaving it where I live, and the cost of a new roof (2.5k) is close to the cost of the bike
The bike is a Rieju RS2 Matrix race replica (50cc) it's de-restricted, 70cc big bore kit, uprated carbs, performance exhaust etc. It's just over 3 years old now so I got to prepare it for the MOT. Any advice? ...I was wondering is it likely to fail on the emissions test? ...Off to buy a new battery in a minute and re-new the oil etc, rear light isn't working for some reason I'm hoping it's just a bad earth. I know it will start first time, but I'd rather I gave it a mini service before relying on it daily to get to work.
Any help would be much appreciated  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr.z |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr.z World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:46 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Will this be its first mot then?
If its a 2stroke i doubt they will do an emissions test because its likely to screw the machine up (suppposedly the common 50cc 2stroke belches out the same ammount of emissions as a bus)
New battery, new brake fluid, possibly clean the carb float bowls out, new fuel, i think thats about it really
Good luck  ____________________ >RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes< |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kara |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kara Crazy Courier

Joined: 23 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:53 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
There is no MOT emission test for bikes. ____________________ NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| streetka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 streetka L Plate Warrior

Joined: 14 Feb 2007 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 16:01 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
yeah first MOT for it, scary! Got the car's first MOT in a couple of months too...might really need the bike then!
No emissions test on bikes .. ace!! ...I thought with all these new rules on MOT's there might be one now, it is a 2-stroke so I imagine the emissions are probably horrific!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kara |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kara Crazy Courier

Joined: 23 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:06 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well there wasn't on my bike which was MOT'd 2 weeks ago  ____________________ NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| streetka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 streetka L Plate Warrior

Joined: 14 Feb 2007 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 16:20 - 15 Feb 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
you'll be pleased to hear my middle name is reef .. I changed it through deed-poll ... just don't tell my mumma!  ____________________ Honda Vision, Gilera Runner, Piaggio Zip, Rieju RS1, Aprilia RS125, 125 cruiser type thing, Gilera DNA, rieju RS2 Matriz race replica...maybe one day I'll get a proper license |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flat eric |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flat eric Spanner Monkey

Joined: 23 Dec 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|