Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How will you vote next? (currently, realistic)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Who will you vote for?
new labour
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
conservative
33%
 33%  [ 25 ]
libdem
17%
 17%  [ 13 ]
snp
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
plaid cymru
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
UKip
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
bnp
28%
 28%  [ 21 ]
another
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 75

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 17:09 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A vote for the BNP is one of 3 things...

A racist vote
An ignorant vote
or a protest vote

you lost me there

i tried my hardest, as a person of average intelligence to make sense of elections, governments and the different parties a short time ago. its not an easy thing to do, and this is perhaps one of the big problems, is your average joe public gonna bother, most people will toss a vote in based on ONE thing that a politician has promised that they like... just one thing, and there is a huge amount of people who dont even bother voting, so we have instantly fallen at the first fence anyway

i spent hours and hours trawling through, how the voting system works, what the history of different parties are, where they stand on certain views, what they wish to do if they were to gain any power, at best its all very vague, cryptic, doesnt make much sense, and designed to appeal to those who dont think what they vote can make a difference

firstly it struck me, that the voting system in this country is really shit, and as many have mentioned before makes it really hard for any party that isnt the conservaties or labour, to get into power...

as i try my hardest to read up on the different parties and situations, i wouldnt consider mine an ignorant vote

as far as a protest vote goes, what is any vote if it isnt a protest vote?

and as far as a racist vote goes, maybe thats not such a bad thing anymore, the word is over used anyway and political correctness has gone beyond a joke, if we want things to change now, given that things are going so rapidly from bad to worse and beyond, then something extreme may need to be done... (dont read blood running in the streets or any siggi esque crap like that, i simply mean some strong and cleared defined decisions, with all vagueness removed)

my views:

Arrow i'm sick and tired of able bodied people being able to get things for free when others have to work for it
Arrow sick and tired of people exploting the benefit system
Arrow i'm sick and tired of people not being able to speak basic clear english while living and working in england
Arrow sick and tired of people giving birth to multiple useless children, destined to grow up and be multiple useless adults
Arrow sick and tired of people not being punished properly for bad things they have done
Arrow sick and tired of people wanting to distance and separate themselves from the rest of the population, and yet still claim all the benefits from being a UK citizen
Arrow sick and tired of consistant wasted money like the 2012 olympics the millenium dome
Arrow sick and tired of an overstretched armed forces
Arrow sick and tired of being america's left shoe and europe's right, we're an island ffs
Arrow sick and tired of tax, tax, tax, tax and tax, we're rich and you're not

so, those who are smarter than I, tell me who should I vote for?

some people mention moving to a different country, I dont want to, I want to stay here, but I want here to be a better place
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:

Arrow i'm sick and tired of able bodied people being able to get things for free when others have to work for it
Arrow sick and tired of people exploting the benefit system

You mean those cheating the system? Yes they need to be dealt with. They are criminals...
But we'll never get everyone, so I have personally never let it bother me.
Quote:

Arrow i'm sick and tired of people not being able to speak basic clear english while living and working in england

I agree if you move to a country you should learn the language.
But they do have to start somewhere.
The worst offenders of this are the Brits who emmigrate to Spain and France...

Quote:

Arrow sick and tired of people giving birth to multiple useless children, destined to grow up and be multiple useless adults

Me too, but what can you do about it?
I have been lambasted for suggesting a child licence system...

Quote:

Arrow sick and tired of people not being punished properly for bad things they have done

I agree. But then I bet if you got 100 peoples idea of what is fair punishment, for a series of different crimes, you would get 100 different lists.

Quote:

Arrow sick and tired of people wanting to distance and separate themselves from the rest of the population, and yet still claim all the benefits from being a UK citizen

Why?
I think every individual in the country should be able to do anything they want provided they stick to the law.
Quote:

Arrow sick and tired of consistant wasted money like the 2012 olympics the millenium dome

Well the millenium dome was a bit of a waste, but I woudn't call the olympics a waste.
These things are a celebration of what Britain has to offer. An invitation for people to come see what we can do.
And the regeneration in the area will also help aleviate some of the problems associated with poor areas.

Quote:

Arrow sick and tired of an overstretched armed forces

Strange thing to be sick and tired of? But yes they are overstretched for the moment.
Quote:

Arrow sick and tired of being america's left shoe and europe's right, we're an island ffs

We are far richer as a nation because we have allies.
You'd hate my standpoint on this... I live in hope that we'll see a truly federal Europe. A United states of Europe if you like, with a central European govt.
For me the world is one place.
The sonner we can even out the playing field throughout it, the better.
We don't get that by cutting ourselves off.

Quote:

Arrow sick and tired of tax, tax, tax, tax and tax, we're rich and you're not

We all hate tax, but it is a necessary evil. Only the amount we can argue

Quote:

so, those who are smarter than I, tell me who should I vote for?

If you're serious. Then read the manifesto's - This is where the BNP falls down big time.
Just like the Greens and UKIP - They are one issue parties that would be utterly useless at actually governing the country.
Quote:

some people mention moving to a different country, I dont want to, I want to stay here, but I want here to be a better place

Well I am moving soon, although not for this reason.

From my viewpoint Britain is a pretty decent place to live.
It is richer than ever before.
The standard of living is higher than ever before.
Poverty, and illness is low
Our life expectancy is high
Think about what you can actually do... Then come up with a country where you think overall it would be any better?

For instance I am moving to Sweden, and while I believe it will be better for my child (as recently publiched by UNICEF),
there are things which are worse.

Its taxes are HIGHER than the UK
The laws on possesion of drugs is the hardest in Europe.
Its very difficult to become rich - incentives for entrepenuers are low.
If I sell a house there, I pay a huge chunk of tax on any profit.
the list goes on...

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:00 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

Being honest, I agree although I think that has far more to do with cheap imports of consumer items. However as that is destroying home productive industries I think it is a short term benefit with a long term cost.

All the best

Keith

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
froggeh wrote:

Being honest, I agree although I think that has far more to do with cheap imports of consumer items. However as that is destroying home productive industries I think it is a short term benefit with a long term cost.

All the best

Keith

Could argue that. But it's a trend upwards.
This trend has never really changed for any length of time.
As for industry, it changes, always has and always will.
While these goods are cheaper in developing countries, we'll use them.
As those countries develop, and subsequently pay better wages, and catch up, we'll see the trend reversed.
I don't really see any long term cost. (ie it's possible these things will dip, but just like the stockmarket, will eventually recover.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:25 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Difficult to say. We can only go so long living off investing past profits. Unfortunatly I think that the amount of useful things we produce are reducing, with too many people now just employed in servicing other members of the population.

Can't really comment on cost of living. My income now is the same as it was in 1994.

All the best

Keith

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Difficult to say. We can only go so long living off investing past profits. Unfortunatly I think that the amount of useful things we produce are reducing, with too many people now just employed in servicing other members of the population.

Can't really comment on cost of living. My income now is the same as it was in 1994.

And mine before I gave up to be a house dad last year , was less than in the previous 10 years. But that's just 2 examples.
Overall we are more well off than ever before.

As for the service industry - what I was trying to say is that we adapt and change to whats needed.
At the moment it suits us to have a large service industry. We get cheap imports, so why spend more building and making things?
When that changes, so will we.
Luckily these things don't happen overnight.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:48 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:
As for the service industry - what I was trying to say is that we adapt and change to whats needed.

Not sure it is. It brings no income into the country, just consumes things produced elsewhere so the country looses money.

froggeh wrote:
We get cheap imports, so why spend more building and making things?
When that changes, so will we.

Don't think we will be in a position to change, at least not without a hideous fall in the standard of living / rise in the cost of living. We are loosing the skills to design, let alone build, things that can bring income in.

All the best

Keith

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall see.

Like I said theres ups and downs, but long term it will be an up.

[pedantic spelling mode on]
And it's "loses" Wink
[/pedantic spelling mode off]

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:00 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:
We shall see.

We shall. My fear is that we are on a long down, but disguising it for the past 10~15 years by selling the family silver.

All the best

Keith

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
froggeh wrote:
We shall see.

We shall. My fear is that we are on a long down, but disguising it for the past 10~15 years by selling the family silver.

All the best

Keith

You mean 20-25 years. Privatisation was the Tories in the early 80's.

And while I oppose this method of running things, I do believe that things will turn out for the better eventually.

Call me an eternal optimist if you like, but I see people bitching about this and that, and how shit govt are, and how bad everything is, while sitting watching SKY+ on their leather sofa, sipping wine, and eating steak.

People need to chill and actually look at what they have.
sorry going off on one there.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:31 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

Not really. Privatisation should just mean that you can choose who to be ripped off by (if anyone), rather than being ripped off by the government to pay for a centrall owned business.

At least with privatisation is was the UK public that could get the money.

froggeh wrote:
Call me an eternal optimist if you like, but I see people bitching about this and that, and how shit govt are, and how bad everything is, while sitting watching SKY+ on their leather sofa, sipping wine, and eating steak.

Watching imported TV shows on Sky+ using imported equipment, sitting on an imported leather sofa, sipping imported wine and eating imported steak, paid for by an economy based on the concept of ever increasing house prices but with little new actually being created to bring income into the country.

You can only live for so long squandering your savings, and that seems to be what the UK is doing.

All the best

Keith

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
froggeh wrote:

Not really. Privatisation should just mean that you can choose who to be ripped off by (if anyone), rather than being ripped off by the government to pay for a centrall owned business.

At least with privatisation is was the UK public that could get the money.

!I nearly choked then. I wonder if you really believe that the average man on the street got any money.

National industries belonged to us ALL
Privatisation made money for those with money in the first place.
Other than that, what family silver has been sold?
Once something is privatised you can no longer blame the govt for it's demise.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:27 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:
!I nearly choked then. I wonder if you really believe that the average man on the street got any money.

Err, who got the money. Yes, the government. Saved them taxing us for it. Difference was then the country got the money, now the money is going out of the country.

froggeh wrote:
Other than that, what family silver has been sold?

Pretty much anything to pay for everything we have imported.

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3