Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Crash damage report

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

hopoffbaby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:30 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Crash damage report Reply with quote

i recently let my mate have at go on my speedfight, and he crashed it a 20mph into a house wall. the damage is extensive:

- right rear indicator blinks too fast
- right front indicator doesnt work
- flat back tire
- damaged right rear fairing
- damaged pillion pegs
- front lights not working
- rear lights not working
- front fairing damaged
- forks bent
- front wheel buckled
- axle buckled

i expect the repairs to be between £300 - £500.
The moral here is never let ANYONE else drive your bike!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 16:10 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The moral here is never let ANYONE else drive your bike!

...or 'ped... Cool Laughing Razz Twisted Evil

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

low-blow from Tin:lol:

its amazing how everyone claims to have ridden bikes before when they want a go of your's. Ages ago we had a little scooter that we used to thrash around the garden while we waited for it to sell, and my mam's boyfriend at the time brought his son round with him. when he saw it he went on and on about how he'd ridden his mate's dirtbikes and quads etc so we give him a go. As soon as he opened the throttle he lost control completely and he froze with the throttle wide open! he ended up scraping the scooter down about 15ft of wall then collapsing in a heap (in tears Twisted Evil ). His Dad came out and went mental- blaming me for letting him on it when he'd never been near bikes in his life Evil or Very Mad. little prick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:04 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Re: Crash damage report Reply with quote

If I ever let people have a o on my bikes I make it *very* clear that they *will* pay for any damage caused and usally only people with a bike of similar value etc. and teh condition that if they tottaly trash it I get theirs. Conversley if I ride someone else's bike I expect the same conditions to apply to me, so if I try trash theirs, they get mine.

I have let various people ride my cg and my klr, but they're pretty sturdy and you're much more likley to mess your self up than the bike.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 17:05 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah

since ive been having all my problems, im not letting anyone else have a go, unless you own a bike, and i seen you riding it

cos my mate always used to have goes, then once he went to park it, and smacked it into a wall, luckily only the tire, but i went mental

the problem is, if they crash it, they arent gonna pay, cos they dont care, they think just cos its a bike, it should be as easy to ride as a push bike

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lad's Dad promised to pay for the damage- but I don't think he ever did, cos we sold it as it was. My Mam might of just kept the money though.

hopoffbaby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:35 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen wrote:
everyone claims to have ridden bikes before when they want a go of your's.

thats exacly what my mate told me. "i've drove a 125 before really fast with no problems.

what really happened was the bike was parked on the drive, i sat on the back to give instructions, he pulled the throttle open full, went stright accross the road bumped up the curb and hit the wall. he froze while riding, didnt even turn or brake and i didnt have time to take over the controls. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hopoffbaby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:38 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

AND i told him not to open the throttle full. in fact i told him he wasnt alowed to drive over 15mph and NOT to twist the throttle back fully.

AND this was the one time i said we wouldnt be needing the helmets

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 18:06 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Twisted Evil

Chills let me ride his GSX-R750 today... Twisted Evil ...I really don't see why they need a 3rd (or 4th, 5th or 6th) gear!...it really is a mental bike...as soon as you touch the throttle it shoots off at 40mph! (ok, slight exaggeration...)...I now appreciate why so many big bike riders lose their license...

...hmm...how many laws did I break today...? Surprised Laughing

Tin

mobbzy
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all reminds me i let my mate have a go on my scooter he also said he had been on a scooter b4. Which i found was totally untrue. He crashed straight into a hedge Mad the dumb ass forgot to let go of the throttle and panicked. But thank fuck no damage Cool .

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 15 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got my scooter a mate at work wanted a go, said he had used a scoot before. He got on, twisted the throttle right round expecting it to have no go at all. Of course he went hurtling towards a wall but managed to brake, then nearly dropped the bike.

The upside - everyone was laughing at him cuz he made such a prat of himself Laughing

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 12:14 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moral: Don't let anyone ride your scoot. Why? Cuz on a bike they generally tend not to get out of 1st:) Then stall:)
Scooters are too easy to ride even if you don't know how.
Twist & go Smile
Only 1 person's ridden my NSR. I forgot to tell him that it may stick in neutral if not pulled up hard.
He revved to fuck, dropped the clutch straight out, shot off wobbling, tried changing gear - in trainers:) - and slowly wobbled to a halt.
Almost dropped the bike as he climbed off too.
I then proceded to beat several shaeds of shit outta him for lying to me and telling me he'd ridden before. He had. a 50cc scoot.
Lesson: Scooter riders can't ride bikes by default.

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 12:24 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

only people who get to ride my bike are draken and milo, mainly due to the fact they both have full bike licenses Smile more then i have and they are both good riders

matt

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 12:39 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a go on a mates GSX600F on saturday. Just round the rally field. Good fun tho, just felt so much better than my NSR

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

minesweeper wrote:
only people who get to ride my bike are draken and milo, mainly due to the fact they both have full bike licenses Smile more then i have and they are both good riders

matt

Ow, sweep Im upset now...am I not included in that list??!!! Sad

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 12:53 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mate Smile the whole never having met you thing kinder stops me letting you ride me bike! ive offered to let you visit enough times!

matt

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok then! Cool

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 17:13 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can ride my bike rob :)

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 17 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks goose! Very Happy

hopoffbaby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:42 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

just got a quote for the repairs:
- £280 to make it rideable again
- £375 to make it nice and shiney again!

i migh pay about 75 twords the repairs cuz there where a few light scratches on the fairings and the back tire was getting ready for a replacement.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 287 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1