BCF: Bike Chat Forums

r6 insurance

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:13 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: r6 insurance Reply with quote

when i get an r6 i will be 20 ,full liscence for 2 yrs ,3 yrs no claims i live in north east lincs as a rough guess what do u think it will cost me im not getting a 400 there too small not engine wise but physically im 6 3" i sat on an rvf it was cramped as fuck

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:16 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out G's page on insurance quotes there's some R6 stuff there:

https://giffould.dynamic-site.net/index.php?p=insurance
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 16:20 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full licence for 2 years? Light access?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:30 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The R6 is a pretty compact biek as well, you might want to consider a zx6, as they a little bigger and should have slightly veaper insurance.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 16:32 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the yzf600 Thundercat is a little cheaper than the R6 even tho they're practically the same bike.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:38 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
AFAIK the yzf600 Thundercat is a little cheaper than the R6 even tho they're practically the same bike.

They are actually quite significantly different.. the cat is considered alot more on the 'sports touring' while the r6 is still considered to be pretty near the cutting edge of super sports....
saying that you'd have to be a pretty good rider to make *significant* use of the extra edge the r6 has.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:03 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The R6 is a pretty compact biek as well, you might want to consider a zx6, as they a little bigger and should have slightly veaper insurance.

Isn't the new ZX636 an insurance group higher than the other 600s?...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:17 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the zx636 is 15, same as the r6/new gsxr600.... Personally I wouldn't buy a new bike unless I was going for a top-of-the-range latest model, which was a considerable improvement on anything available second hand(Ie this year's R1, they haven't significantly changed the GSXR1000 this year, so if you were looking for one you might as well get a second hand one).
To start with I don't like the way as soon as you've taken the bike for a quick spin you've knocked £500 off the value.

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thundercats are good - Yamaha did race them before the r6 came

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in comparison to an R6, a Thundercat is like a bit of lollopy custard!

I love my R6 - cost a bomb in insurance...but worth it - but if you are over 5'10"/6ft I wouldnt really consider it cos you'll be too uncomfortable - saying that Im 5'7" and possibly a bit on the short side for it cos the seat is quite high.. cant get my feet flat on the floor but its ok for me.

But if I was recommending a 600, as G says a zx6 or possibly a cbr6 might be a better choice unless u are set on getting an R6!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:06 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bet is to get test rides on the different bikes, or at teh least sit on some in shops before you decide which to 'focus' on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 317 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1