BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Leathers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:01 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Leathers Reply with quote

who has leather for there bike? any nsr riders? do u think it looks stupid on a nsr? do u have once peice or two peice? i'm thinking of getting a 2 peice Richa looks nice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leathers look fine on a nsr!
Anyone that knows anything about bikes will know you are wearing them for protection and not (just) to look good! Cool

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 11:13 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen scooter riders wearing full leathers!...it looks funny at first, but as Rob said, it ultimately provides protection in the event of a spill...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

tin wrote:
I've seen scooter riders wearing full leathers!

Tin

Except yesterday when all scooter riders seemed to think because it was sunny they could wear t-shirt and shorts and somehow wouldnt have all their skin stripped off like a KFC if they fell off... idiots!!! I know it was hot... but!!!.... Evil or Very Mad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:20 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Re: Leathers Reply with quote

I don't have leathers, though I do have a textile jacket and troousers.... I should be getting some leathers in the next month or so.

As for leathers on a NSR, it does 100mph and you're gonna hurt yourself just as much crashing at that speed as you would if you were on a bigger bike.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:27 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the mo im too poor but as soon as i get some cash im getting a Dainese 2 piece suit that looks damn nice.

for now i just have jeans and a jean jacket.

damn i hate being poor.....

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:41 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

i know it protects u thats the main reason i wanted to get some, i seen these really nice ones for £275 get them cheaper like £100 off from the CBT group who do special deals, quite good. I think a two peicce would be better cos i could just wear the jaket if i wernt going far, with jeans.

As for the idiots who ride with a t shirt and some even ride with shorts are they off there head? it really pisses me off when i c people like that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say a two piece is better cos as u say u can choose which bits to wear - unless u intend to do track days then yer better off in a 1-piece.

Last edited by Rob on 11:57 - 18 Jun 2002; edited 1 time in total

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:54 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

Everyone I've spoken to says go for 2 piece unless you're doing 75% of your riding on tracks.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 12:20 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dianese's are a bit excessive, and they generally offer no more protection than cheaper brands. (Unless you're racing).
The BMF shows will save you Tonnes on leather's.
You could pick up some 2 piece suits for £100!!
I spent about £400 on mine and they're lasting really well. I won't ride without them. A 30mph spill will still fucking hurt if you're not protected. There're also other factors. Fall off and hit something in a normal jacket and it'll hurt, or break something. Leathers will soften that blow considerably.
Oh and make sure you get decent armour in them too, foam does jack shit.
It's worth spending a bit, it is your life remember.

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
yeah ive got Two pice leathers which i wear most day to college and stuff. Its Rossi racing one's which came to about £300. Other bikers seem to give your more respect, as they can see your a proper biker and that your willing to pay money for safety Smile.
Plus u look cool in em anyways, just as long as u stay on the bike

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 13:43 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I spent about £400 on mine

Um the dainese im after are only about 30 quid more than that.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 17:46 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: ..... Reply with quote

i came off my nsr in november wearing armored jacket gloves helmet and jeans, i was only doin about 15mph but that was fast enough to do enough damage to my left leg to make shur i was limping for 6 months.

so i went out and spent £1000 on protective gear

arai quantum f helmet=£400
hein gerrick prosport 1 peice race suite=£300
alpine stars gp1 race gloves=£150
datona race boots=£200

i dont give a sh*t what any 1 thinks, or wears on there bikes cos any motorcycle rider with half an ounce of sense no's that it dosnt matter what you ride

Quote:
dan "who has leather for there bike? any nsr riders? do u think it looks stupid on a nsr? do u have once peice or two peice? i'm thinking of getting a 2 peice Richa looks nice"

you think commin off an nsr at 50mph isnt gunna hurt cos your on an nsr not a gsxr750?????

well ive crashed both and they both bloady hurt

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:45 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do u think it looks stupid on a nsr?

I feel stupid WITHOUT them to be honest, everytime i go past a biker with full gear i feel all ashamed as if i should be riding a scooter.

jaffauk
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:57 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i came off my rs at about 15 - 20mph took enough skin off my leg. Mad then i all ways wore leathers.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:59 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant really understand the 16yr olds in shorts T-shirts and trainers?

i mean i like my skin and personally dont want to lose it.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 00:20 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop having a negative side to everyone then Zak or maybe you will lose more than your skin.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 00:43 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats this all off a sudden with people saying i have a negative side to everyone?

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:46 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
whats this all off a sudden with people saying i have a negative side to everyone?

cos all u seem to do is say negative stuff

zaknafien

PostPosted: 00:48 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

like?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 01:05 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't realise you are doing it, you are always having a dig at people. Saying Dan's bike is a shit colour for starters, yet it is clearly a damn sight better bike than yours.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 01:07 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree the bike is better, just not the colour scheme.

you like it i dont simple as that.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 01:13 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't like the colourscheme of your bike. I have never mentioned it before though have I. This is because I know when to keep my fucking mouth shut, cos I know what offends people.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 01:15 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's your perogative to not say anything, i decided to reply to retro's post thats my perogative.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 01:22 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zak you are really starting to bore me now. All I will say is you won't go very far in life with that attitude.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2