Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

(BCF) Return of the Tank Cam!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 22:42 - 18 Jun 2002    Post subject: (BCF) Return of the Tank Cam! Reply with quote

While I was in bed with a sore throat on Monday my helper monkey saw the lovely weather outside and, unable to stop himself, stole my video camera and the keys to my bike and set off to terrorize the poor motorists of the south east.

He returned (in one piece, it has to be said) with 60 minutes of footage which frankly scares me. Bad monkey, bad! I've cut out some short clips, they're available in 3 formats:

• The DivX videos are the best quality, but you'll need the DivX 5.0 codec to watch them (which you can download from here)
  • The Mpeg videos are also good quality and they'll play on everybody's computers (but are larger than the others)
  • The Wmv videos are the smallest, so if you're on a modem these are your best bet - they'll play in Media Player 5.0 and above.
And here are the videos:
  • Down into the valleys - 1:10 minutes - DivX (9.06 Mb) - Mpeg (11.5 Mb) - Wmv (6.00 Mb)
  • Tree lined road - 0:39 minutes - DivX (5.41 Mb) - Mpeg (6.53 Mb) - Wmv (3.43 Mb)
  • High speed sweepers - 1:06 minutes - DivX (8.41 Mb) - Mpeg (10.08 Mb) - Wmv (5.65 Mb)
  • Twisty madness - 0:59 minutes - DivX (7.62 Mb) - Mpeg (9.99 Mb) - No Wmv yet
Update: Here's 4 more clips:
  • Bumpy road - 1:10 minutes - DivX (9.54 Mb) - Mpeg (11.76 Mb) - No Wmv yet
  • Dodging traffic - 1:05 minutes - DivX (8.49 Mb) - Mpeg (10.86 Mb) - No Wmv yet
  • Scratching - 1:10 minutes - DivX (8.98 Mb) - Mpeg (11.69 Mb) - No Wmv yet
  • Rolling hills - 1:40 minutes - DivX (12.88 Mb) - Mpeg (16.67 Mb) - No Wmv yet
He also wants me to mention that no monkeys were actually harmed during the production of these video nasties, though some traffic laws may have been bent just a teensy bit.

Last edited by Korn on 12:08 - 20 Jun 2002; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rs125
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:01 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody else have problems watching these vids?

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
ermm korn it aint working it just say's "connecting" at the bottom and nothing happens, and yes i have downloaded divex. whats up korn?

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:08 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need to do is right click on the download links and choose "Save As" then save the file to your desktop, and open it once it's done. Otherwise if you just click it as usual windows will try to play it live and most probably screw up.

rs125
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:12 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

done that. You can see the video but its covered with flashing green & yellow lines. The video doesn't play, you can only see the first frame.

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
ok i got the first one but downloaded it just as the window and not saved to my computer, is that why its very jurkey?

Luke

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:17 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrofly wrote:
Hi ok i got the first one but downloaded it just as the window and not saved to my computer, is that why its very jurkey?

Yes, if you download them to your hard drive it plays properly.

rs125 wrote:
You can see the video but its covered with flashing green & yellow lines. The video doesn't play, you can only see the first frame.

You've got an old version of the DivX codec, download the new one and it'll play properly.

rs125
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:23 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download, still dont work. Probably my computer.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:24 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, I tried it here at work with DivX 4.0 and it gave me just the first frame, downloading the upgrade fixed it though. Maybe you need to give your computer a reeboot?

rs125
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:40 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vids.

Some dodgy overtakes & some dodgy lines through the corners.

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:41 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

works for me cool vids
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:54 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

rs125 wrote:
Some dodgy overtakes & some dodgy lines through the corners.

That's monkies for you... Razz

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
yeah korn it works now, dodgy overtaking that coach though i cant belive u would do summin like that

Luke

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: vids Reply with quote

Some nice vids there korn, should keep em commin.

That was abit of a dodgy over takin past that coach...but the peg scrapin round the round a bout makes up for that Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 15:21 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice skills, but dont overtake on corners! especily multiple overtakes and a coach! crazy you would have had a head on with combined speed around 100mph..... ouch

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 15:51 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'd better explain that one, the bend with the coach nearly goes back on itself - you can't see if from the camera's viewpoint but when you're riding it all you have to do is look to the left across the field and you have a clear view of everything up to the sharp left following it and a few hundred meters beyond that as well.

That's why the monkey decided to overtake the whole queue at such a silly speed, 'cos there was nothing coming for about 2 miles.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 16:59 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ain't told em bout that green Subabru behind the bus with 2 rear view mirrors and flashing blue lights in the grille that the monkey got away from Korn.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 17:01 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuuuussssshhhhhhhhh Wink

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:02 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it the monkeys sliders that touched the deck or just the pegs Korn???

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:04 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vids Korn...just out of interest, how fast were going along that "treelined" vid?...I don't think that the video reflected the true speed...

Tin

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 17:05 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

top of fifth.. 130ish

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:07 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool...cheers Zim...

Tin

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 17:08 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly the camera's mic didn't pick up on the kneedowns because monkey only had plastic sliders which don't make much noise, so you can't hear them, but in the downhill video the monkey gets the peg down as well as his knee[1] round the big roundabout and you can hear the metal scraping quite nicely.

Aso he tells me he's particularly proud of having his knee down round the last right hander in the sweeper video at 130mph... Twisted Evil

[1] Do monkeys even have knees?

Last edited by Korn on 17:14 - 19 Jun 2002; edited 2 times in total

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:09 - 19 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

No go jumping the gun, wait for Korn to ask the monkey first.

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:33 - 20 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kin...............El Korn, still shitting myself watching the Vid's Very Happy

Your bike sound great! makes mine sound like a bag of spanners Sad

Gota get a race can, my Honda standard one sounds like shit!

By the the way, aint broad band great! downloaded all the Vid's at the same time in a few mins! Very Happy

Mole, (Still recovering from the watching the Vids)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2