Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

please read this

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 05 Mar 2007    Post subject: please read this Reply with quote

The Motor Cycle Industry Association (MCI) is urging people to lobby their local MP to prevent further anti-motorcycling legislation being added to the statute books.

The industry's easy to use online campaigns feature is in the press section on www.mcia.co.uk and allows people to lobby their local MP by completing a brief, simple form and clicking a button to send an email .

A new Off-Road Vehicles (registrations) Private Members Bill, has been proposed as a solution to the mini-bike problem and is recommending a compulsory, retrospective, registration scheme of all off road motor vehicles as a method of dealing with the misuse of cheap, imported mini-bikes.

However, in 2006, there was a significant reduction in interest and the number of Chinese imports fell by 59%. The MCI believes that this 'crash' in the market can be attributed to a number of factors and is likely to continue:

* Police 'crack-downs' and the use of existing powers to seize and crush
* Publicity surrounding the illegal use
* Parental awareness
* Mini Bikes going out of fashion
* Home Office campaign Summer 2006
* Action by Auto Cycle Union to get more local provision for legal use
* Localised action - police, residents, Local Authority

The Motor Cycle Industry is advising that there are already twelve laws in place that can be used to deal with the issue of misuse of mini bikes and an extra law, which would not come into place for many months would have a limited effect on the illegal users who already would have little regard for the current law.

To join the campaign go online and lobby your MP with a simple click of a button.

https://www.mcia.co.uk/S%5FPress/SContent.asp?sc=D1BD

Craig Carey Clinch said, "The proposed legislation for a compulsory, retrospective registration scheme is going to have many negative implications for people who are already using off-road vehicles legitimately and the ongoing law-breakers will be unlikely to conform as they are already breaking a range of laws, some of them quite serious such as riding without insurance.

"The scheme will be costly to implement and legitimate sport will become even more expensive and bureaucratic. The number plates, could be dangerous, as they would be likely to break and could be hazardous when racing or competing. The bureaucracy would involve the DVLA in the arduous and time-consuming task of tracking down bikes and the cost of the scheme could spiral.

"Resources would be better targeted if they were contributed to enable further police action using existing laws, developing provision and educating the public."

For further information contact Samantha at the MCI Press Office on Tel: 02476 250820 Mobile: 07769 681116, email samantha@mcia.co.uk . or MCI Director of Public Affairs Craig Carey-Clinch: 07979 757484 or craig@mcia-pa.com

Further press releases and statistics can be viewed at the MCIs website www.mcia.co.uk .

honey dog
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 03:45 - 06 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

email sent Thumbs Up

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 06 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid Bureaucratic Bullshit.
Like Plastic Glass Rules in Pubs because drunks can't behave so everyone has to suffer. There are rules for that: The barman/Owner can chuck drunks out at anytime.

I'll do this one, but is there much hope?

I have given up on those other Jokers BMF. Membership renewal/BBQ lighter.

Where do I sign?

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 06 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, basically they want us to sign to stop the cheap imports comming in? will never happen IMO but correct me if I'm wrong.

Phil_C
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm.. I can't understand what we're signing for. Someone care to outline it in stupid-ese for me?

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_C wrote:
Erm.. I can't understand what we're signing for. Someone care to outline it in stupid-ese for me?

Everyone is get the use of your ride at weekends (Off-Road) Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1