Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bus lane use...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 14:33 - 06 Mar 2007    Post subject: bus lane use... Reply with quote

hi peeps dont know if this is on here already...couldnt see it anyways.

its the government petition to allow bikes to use bus lanes, worth sighning if u ask me.

https://petitions.pm.gov.uk/bikesinbuslanes/

4027 votes at the mo

if this is the first post any chance of a sticky korn/mods?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 06 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

realistically, not worth signing, the scrap road pricing absolutely hammered that site, and they are still planning it AFAIK so if a few thousand bikers sign this, what is that gonna do? I do agree with the idea, think it should be done, but realistically don't think owt will come of it Confused

samharcus
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:32 - 06 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true. The road pricing was already agreed on before the petition, as it is a Europe-wide not nation-wide scheme, as you'd be led to believe.

Sign the petition Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 07 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already signed this recently Thumbs Up

(....and updated my sig about a week ago)

Blackwolf
Burgerfist

PostPosted: 10:51 - 07 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice, Smile but i dout it will happen. spose we can allways dream; eh... Laughing

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 13:14 - 07 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see this one getting enough signatures at all sadly. Sad

Ever since the road tax petition the new trend is to start a petition on something you want, I can see the forum getting full of these with none of them having any notice taken of them.

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:17 - 07 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can already use some bus lanes in Sheffield its both a blessing and a curse.

The cars forget that anything smaller than a bus might be there so feel free to move into the lane without looking or indicating.

Regards
Charlotte

AsPHy
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 07 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use most (if not all) of the bus lanes in Belfast if you're on a bike. Very handy in the mornings. Obviously car drivers honk at you, thinking you're not meant to be there... what's with that. Confused

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 07 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean you cant use them at the moment? Wink
Previous: '99 Honda CBR 600FX, 03 ZX636 B1H, 99 Fazer 600 (red), 02 GSX-R 600 K2, 00 SV650s (red), 2008 ZX10R, 97 Bandit 1200N, 04 ZX6RR K1H, 04 GSX-R 1000, 98 Fazer 600 (gold), 05 Madness 110 Pit bike, 04 CR125R, 00 SV650s (black), 06 KTM 625 SMC, 99 SRAD 600 track bike, 03 SV650, 98 Bandit 1200N, Bandit 600SY, 03 GSX-R 600 K3, 01 GSX-R 600, 01 Fazer 600 (black), VFR 400 NC30 x3, 78 Honda Dream, 00 Speedfight 50

Phil_C
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have any bus lanes around Milton Keynes Wink

OK it was a little lie, there are a couple right in the centre, but I never go there, so..

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no need to use any in Portsmouth IMO.
But theres a bus/taxi road only in centre of Brighton - states theres cams everywhere. But OH uses it, so do I. saves a bit of time Thumbs Up

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 15:30 - 17 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do motorcycle tax disks still say "bicycle" on them. I pulled that excuse a few times in Sheffield, always worked

wephilips
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:05 - 17 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH THE TAX DISK DOES STILL SAY ''BICYCLE'' ON THEM, I'M ALWAYS Laughing USING THAT ONE TO GET OUT OF A STICKY SITUATION WITH THE FILTH Very Happy

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 17:46 - 17 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

wephilips wrote:
YEAH THE TAX DISK DOES STILL SAY ''BICYCLE'' ON THEM, I'M ALWAYS Laughing USING THAT ONE TO GET OUT OF A STICKY SITUATION WITH THE FILTH Very Happy

I bet you're not.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wephilips
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:40 - 17 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

well where i live, they have a market every saturday and the road is closed. but there a sign saying except bicycles and local buses.
and i often go that way and a copper is bound to wave me down and i say my tax disc say this is a ''bicycle''. they usually don't have much to say after that.
will

shaba2000
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:44 - 25 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont ride in bus lanes here in london. they full of split diesel and was told by a wise man to avoid them Thumbs Up

NinaMarie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:53 - 09 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

taxis think they're good enough to drive in bus lanes.
I wouldn't ride a bike in the bus lanes, bus drivers are thick and there is no doubt they would end up knocking up off i nearly got ran over by a double decker in newcastle....i was on the pavement!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:05 - 12 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be useful in london though, as long as you could avoid the crazies (i.e. bus drivers).

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:45 - 13 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 7 bicycles

its just that 4 are bigger than the other 3, and come with motors attached

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 16 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the government handed down guidence about this a couple of months ago?

As far as I am aware the governement has said its a good idea and has suggested to local authorities that they allow us into bus lanes.

I understqand it is now up to local councils, some places went with it straight away.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S

shaba2000
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:07 - 13 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stay clear of bus lanes cause of all the diesel that comes from the buses. I dont think its the safest place to ride at all..

RatBlack
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:27 - 13 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more a local issue than national goverment. It is the local authorities/ councils who decide if bikes can use bus lanes. I know from my frequent visits to Hull that bikes may use any bus lane in the city.

This was a decision made by Hull City Council.

tristan
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:50 - 15 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up Wink

Bikes have total right to be in bus lanes IMO, the government complain about congestion, and although slightly it will reduce it lol.

super-duper-moto
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:36 - 10 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is great, were probably hoping for a little too much, but definitely worth signing and having a fight for what we want!

LeeWat
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:43 - 10 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be old age creeping up on me but i remember a few years back reading something about Bristol allowing Bikes to use the bus lanes and apparently the number of accidents involving motorcycles dropped. Is my addled brain making this up or does anyone else remember it ?

Lee.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2