Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Taking the seat off YBR125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

sandino
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:43 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Taking the seat off YBR125 Reply with quote

Now, my friend had a Suzuki GS500, he took the seat off that and he hasnt been able to get it back on since! I might want to take the seat off my YBR to take the luggage rack off. Is this an easy job? Am i going to have any nasty surprises?

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him to put the front part of the seat in first (Push into fuel tank) and then smash the pillion pad with his fist as hard as possible 3 or 4 times.

Stiffler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye sandino it's an easy job.

I took the rack off mine for a couple of weeks, but in the end decided I should probably put it back (can't really remember why)

You take off the left hand battery panel using your key, then unscrew the right hand side (Screw is located at the base of the panel). There are then two bolts that retain the seat to remove. Slide the seat forward and lift. While you're under there you can use it as a good opportunity to double check there is nothing blocking the air ducts.

The rack is secured by three seperate bolts (careful not to loose the rubber seal that sits around the middle rack mount) the bolts on mine were quite tight. I'd recommend cellotaping the bolts to the rack so you won't loose them when you wish to sell the bike.

Replace the seat and bolts and then the sides. It's a 15 min job at most!

Last thing to note is if you use the rack to balance the bike while putting it on the centre stand you will now have to use the cargo net mounting rail which is just below the seat.

Thanks

Tim

sandino
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:58 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i was never able to do it with the rack so i have always used the luggage strap handles. I sometimes use the rack to manhandle it around so i might find i need it after all.

The friend with a GS said that the seat needed to be screwed on, but the screws were in an inaccesible position.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandino wrote:
Yeah, i was never able to do it with the rack so i have always used the luggage strap handles. I sometimes use the rack to manhandle it around so i might find i need it after all.

The friend with a GS said that the seat needed to be screwed on, but the screws were in an inaccesible position.

What year GS? The 1989-2001 GS500E's definately don't.

sandino
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:15 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
What year GS? The 1989-2001 GS500E's definately don't.

I dont know what year it is but its definately older than that, probably 1995 or earlier. He doesent ride it anymore, its at his home in Devon now. It has lots of other mechanical problems that he doesent know how to fix, isnt interested in getting fixed.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 7 years, 270 days between these two posts...

deushex
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:12 - 02 Dec 2014    Post subject: luggage rack Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering how to re attach the indicators as they aremounted on the ybr customs rack.

Thinking of getting rid of the rack and getting flat bars at the front. Mini cafe racer anyone!!
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 197 days between these two posts...

will6663
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:20 - 18 Jun 2015    Post subject: taking off the yamaha 125 ybr seat Reply with quote

hi I have the Yamaha ybr 125 the modern 2012 version with the plastic additions to the tank. I had to take off the seat to try and add autokicker conqueror panniers. the advice for the old version is not correct for the new version. yes you can take off the side panel for with the key, but all the 10mm bolts are located just under the side of the seat. just lift up the soft side of the seat and you will find 4 bolts, 2 each side. the only other trick is the seat needs to be pushed back to the rack as it is held down my clips. so just to be clear its four bolts and push back the seat to the rack and it comes off. he conqueror autokickers are ok but not worth 70 quid. Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1