Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault'

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault' Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6431063.stm

Check this knobber out. Can't accept responsibility for his actions.

'They should have cut me off'. Why? He's a grown man, not a kiddie calling Tweenies chat lines!!!!

If each call was fixed at 75p, how many calls did this greedy sod make to rack up 9 grand?!?!!

I despair sometimes. This is why people keep saying how we're turning into a 'nanny state' (I hate that term btw).

Opinions?

Mudskipper Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 10:58 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

unemployed, and thinks the solution is to call TV game shows and make "easy money"

utter mug, should be put to death Rolling Eyes
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:06 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like that are one of the reasons war as in unpleasant necessity.

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I remember a similar story about some unemployed dude who kept phoning up and trying to get on deal or no deal and ending up racking up thousand of pounds in his phone bill. He claimed that it was BT's fault for not alerting him that he had gone a little OTT. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 13:51 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault' Reply with quote

Mudskipper wrote:
If each call was fixed at 75p, how many calls did this greedy sod make to rack up 9 grand?!?!!

12,000 Thumbs Up Smile

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault' Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
Mudskipper wrote:

12,000 Thumbs Up Smile

Very good Clapping

Question 2: If Peter has 24 cans of Stella and he drinks two sixths of them, how many times does he punch his wife?

Maths Mistress Mudskipper Mr. Green

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've dug yourself in this hole, you can get yourself out of it" - Citizens advice.

Would they be that unprofessional? I don't think so. The guys a liar and an idiot, in my opinion.

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 09 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault' Reply with quote

Mudskipper wrote:
Question 2: If Peter has 24 cans of Stella and he drinks two sixths of them, how many times does he punch his wife?

8, 1 for each can

"GO GET ME ANOTHER!!!!"

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those TV quiz shows are a scam and they should be taking some of the blame. They know there are lots of people that don't have the sense to not get carried away and they use this to extort god knows how much money out of them.

"Calls will cost 75p regardless of whether or not you get through"

Any time I watch the show they only let 1-2 people through every 5 minutes if you're lucky while encouraging more and more people to waste their money.

How many calls do these shows get and what sort of profit margins do they have? Would like to compare this to the prizes they're giving out.

Really don't agree with these types of show Thumbs Down

pwntifex
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault' Reply with quote

Mudskipper wrote:

Opinions?

I'm emigrating once my degree is done.
Good god, this country is going to the dogs

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:04 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
Those TV quiz shows are a scam and they should be taking some of the blame. They know there are lots of people that don't have the sense to not get carried away and they use this to extort god knows how much money out of them.

Why should they pay for their viewers stupidity?

"I'm completely unemployed, but I've got a phone and I've also got a TV so I decided to try calling a premium rate phone in competition as it sounded like a good alternative to a job. I then called it 12,000 times because I thought I was really clever."

How is that the fault of anyone other than the person making ridiculous numbers of calls? If each phone call was just for 2 minutes then that'd have been more than 2 weeks of continuous redialling, of course that's going to cost a fortune!!
Quote:
you've dug yourself in this hole, you can get yourself out of it" - Citizens advice.

Would they be that unprofessional? I don't think so. The guys a liar and an idiot, in my opinion.

What else is there to say? He's got a massive phone bill and unless he wants to go down the path of declaring himself bankrupt then there's not really much to say. Doubt they'd say that, but then whatever they said that would be the gist of it.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 16:17 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault' Reply with quote

pwntifex wrote:
I'm emigrating once my degree is done.
Good god, this country is going to the dogs

Helped along by people like you.

pwntifex
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: Blame Culture - 'It's not MY fault' Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:

Helped along by people like you.

I'd like to think I've contributed something.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1