Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Here we go again......

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 11:22 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Here we go again...... Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/6449069.stm

Campsfield House has kicked off, with detainees rioting in an effort to frustrate an Algerian's removal. Judging by the detainee the BBC had on the phone earlier, it appears to be a textbook copy of 'our' riot at Harmondsworth - ie. aimed at causing as much physical damage to the centre as possible, in order to minimise the chances of them being able to stay in the building.

The whole detention estate is being forced to move towards a softer, more detainee-led approach, yet we keep on witnessing events like this - so is it working?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:43 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the ideas in 'Children of men'

Twisted Evil Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth were they thinking, if they were thinking?

In my opinion the rioters should be shipped out and banned from ever entering the UK.

Reason: They can't be trusted to control themsleves. Simple!

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 12:09 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
What on earth were they thinking, if they were thinking?

In fairness, many probably weren't thinking, and simply went along with their fellow nationals, or felt intimidated into joining in.

If the two riots at our gaff are anything to go by, these things tend to be planned in advance by hardened criminals, who wait for a fortuitous excuse to use as a cover story (in this case, the removal attempt on the Algerian) in order to enlist support from other detainees and the sympathetic media. The ringleaders rely on the mob mentality to escalate the violence and destruction.

Naturally, rather than staff in shirts and ties facing down angry crowds of tooled-up detainees, it is the shots of the 'repressive' Operation Tornado squads that make the news.

Quote:

In my opinion the rioters should be shipped out and banned from ever entering the UK.

Sadly, most will never be charged or convicted, and as a result of this violence, other centres will probably release people just as illegal as the rioters, to make space.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:54 - 14 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth pointing out that Campsfield House is situated literally next door to the HMP site where all Tornado-trained personnel are trained, and the elite 'Nationals' are based.

Not the best place to be starting a riot.....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 49 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1