Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Nsr 2002? whaaaaa

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 24 Jun 2002    Post subject: Nsr 2002? whaaaaa Reply with quote

Hey ive just been speaking to a honda dealer local to me about a nsr 2002 model and he said there is no way to de restrict them????? Confused Is this true? He said if i de restricted it , it would void the 2 yr warrenty but he said putting a can on would make bike faster but not void warrenty! Whats a can man???? excuse me people im new to bike'in Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 18:50 - 24 Jun 2002    Post subject: NSR Reply with quote

opps forgot to login (....again!) i think that ur honda dealer is blowin smoke up ur ass. I spoke to honda in person and yes it is possible to derestrict them. there is a CDI issue with the 2002 model which isn't yet clear, yes placing a can on the bike will make it faster but will only make a noticable impact if the bike is derestricted. when he says 'can' i belive he means the exhaust can or silencer which means you will also need a exhaust if im correct.
by derestricting (as far as i know) you risk the warrenty but if ur dealer is straight with you they may process ur claim (if a part fails) anyway cos they don't loose cash
hope this helps
Joe
You must be logged in to rate posts

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 24 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdi issuse does this make it harder to derestrict then???? Mad

PostPosted: 00:18 - 25 Jun 2002    Post subject: CDI Reply with quote

as far as i know the CDI is also restricted. in the long run it does make the bike harder to deristrict. however somone may find a way to bypass this as with the Aprilia RS125 CDI or another thing to do is buy an older CDI (price i think is around £100-£300) i may be wrong. hope this helps

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 25 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad man u rekon its worth the hastle, or get a last yr's model????? Me want one that flys not thats restricted for ever!!! Evil or Very Mad

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 25 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know?????? 2002 model restrictions? Sad need to know situatuion

Stevo

PostPosted: 21:24 - 25 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Honda designed the NSR to produce its full 28bhp, then why the hell would de-restricting it back to its designed output, risk voiding the warrenty. If you got the shop to do it, then there is no way that they can say the warrenty will be affected. It sounds like another crap dealer, talking shit again, just for a change.
Im having bloody hassle with my Dealer at the moment, as they did a pretty piss poor job on my zx6r, which really suprised me, as they have got a good reputaion, and all their previous work has been of a good standard. They also havent fixed the rear brake on my speedfight properly. as it still squeaks, Whens the damn Haynes Manual going to be released?

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 25 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh that sucks man! I just wanna know if there easy to derestrict as all the guide's ive seen on derestrictin are for94-01 models Mad man maybe ill just try and find a last yrs model that aint been to hammered o and thats black Rolling Eyes

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealers like to bullshit...especially as most of the people that you actually make contact with know jack shit about bikes...

...the warranty/service booklet lists the range of criteria for the warrany...and they all basically say that you will only void the warranty IF any damage occurs as a result of your tinkering...so if you drill a hole through your exhaust, but continue riding, and it goes bang, then they probably won't cover you...

...the pricks at Carnells even told me that changing the stock indicators would void the warranty...even if done by Honda approved mechanics!...crap, crap, bullshit, crap...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rider

PostPosted: 16:21 - 29 Jun 2002    Post subject: 2002 derestrict nsr Reply with quote

i own a nsr125 reg in march 2002
i derestricted it as it says on this site it does 100mph . i have done 2000 miles on it and had no problems. it just seems the powerband starts at 7000rpm . it is just flat below that. Rolling Eyes [/i][/b]

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 29 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably a 2001 model, just sold in 2002

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im off to have a look around a few bike shops near me, and ill see if there gonna tell me in person whats restricted as the tight bastads wont tell me on the phone! Not long untill i get my bike now and i seem to get more confused about buying one every day! Has anyone in here got a 2002 model thats de restricted Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad my head hurts!

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

O yeah anyone knwo how much the cdi cuts off the speed?

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:14 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried calling Honda UK?? They told me bout deristriction on the earlier mnodel so i dont see why they wont help you.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

wats honda uk telephone numba ill bell em and find out

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:36 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno. Check the website or directory enquiries or summat.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda uk said they dont know anything about de restricting them or what was restricted all they said to me was they have a 125 restriction Rolling Eyes and gave me another number to call which is always engaged!
Been to carnell's today and they said it was highly illegal to have your bike de restricted and they wont do it or tell me anything about the cd i Sad so it looks like ill be buying a second hand one last yrs model in black and silver -or orange im loooking to buy in a few weeeks Twisted Evil

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 18:28 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Been to carnell's today and they said it was highly illegal to have your bike de restricted and they wont do it

heh...typical Carnells crap...it would be illegal for you ride the de-restricted bike (I'm assuming that you don't have a license), but not for them (or you) to actually de-restrict it...

Once you buy the bike, it's in your hands...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:07 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mc Jam, what was the restriction on the '91 model please??
Thanks
Dylan

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:55 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: NSR2002 Reply with quote

Hello. i've made numerous posts about this and belive me i've been everywhere....i've spoken to Honda UK, Honda UK Technical and another devision that i cant even be arsed to remember........ then they sent me to taffspeed who knew sod all.......... all i can say is wait and see......someone will come up with a solution how to solve this as it always happens.......do what i've done.....i've just placed my bike on order and Honda have a few 2001 mods kicking around the factory...go order one of them if not go ahead and get the 02model and sooner or later some1 will let us know how to derestrict them....and also i don't think it is illegal to have em derestricted (mabye on a provi-licence?) my mate who works in insurance and my dealer were happy to have it derestricted when the time comes. until then either get an 01 mod or get an 02 and see what happens
Smile
Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 11:43 - 02 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylan - theres a restrictor plate in the carb apparantly - you should see a silver plate where the rest of the carbs black.

Mine wasnt restricted that way but is an import so it is some other way. Dunno how tho.

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:57 - 02 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ill have a look for that!!
Dyl
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1