Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

story of the superdream

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 15 Mar 2007    Post subject: story of the superdream Reply with quote

this bike was a non-runner that my friends dad had sitting outside for 5 years, and one day i asked him what he planned for it... nothing... so i nabbed it Very Happy
now getting a non runner home was the tricky bit, and luckily my car-wielding friend gave me a hand... with a bit of rope.
this thing had seized both brakes, so i used pliers to take off the back drum brake, and removed the front disk, so it ran smoothly(ish). so, no brakes, and being towed through country lanes on a bike. scariest experience of my life being towed by a car. you cant steer out of the cars line of travel without being thrown off!
and with no brakes, every time he slowed down in the car i crashed into the back of him, har har.
so we got home eventually, a bit battered and bruised, but alive... and with bike!
so heres the beast in the flesh...

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot

PostPosted: 13:58 - 15 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: story of the superdream Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
...every time he slowed down in the car i crashed into the back of him, har har.
so we got home eventually, a bit battered and bruised, but alive... and with bike!

You're absolutely mental, you know that right? Laughing

I think you might end up being BCF's Carl

Keep us updated on the project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 14:12 - 15 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: story of the superdream Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
...got home eventually, a bit battered and bruised, but alive... and with bike!...

Looks like the bike's reaction to the journey was to wet itself! Shocked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 15 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think this bike's going to be as easy as i first thought...
its been standing, thought 'it'll be ok, new sparks, oil and fuel'
wrong:
put fuel in... fuel came out again. the tank seal is fine, but its coming out of a rubber seal behind a small box (air intake? ive got the same thing on my 125 but it has a rev adjusty screw thing on it)
anyway, the leak is coming from there. any ideas?
and the bloody thing has a seized started motor, and no kickstart! nice one honda Very Happy
any ideas? i want to ride a bike with no brakes!

eddclarke
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:33 - 15 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the carb?

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 15 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any problems drop Keir_K3 a pm as he rebuilt his Dream a little while back.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1102429#1102429

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 15 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks whoisthedaddy, ill bear that in mind

eddclarke, im completely mechanically retarded. i can take an engine apart and put it back together, but ask me what any part of its called and im screwed.
the reason i havnt so far is because the bolt heads are rusted to f...death

i think im going to have to drill out all the bolts and buy new uns
the frame is sound, just screws and bolts that suck

DaveH
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 16 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: story of the superdream Reply with quote

FreshAL wrote:
I think you might end up being BCF's Carl
Almost in tears after reading that Laughing Laughing Laughing

ZX7R & ER6F
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 06 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres where me being mechanically retarded sets in:

got a new battery, but when i try to start with the battery, all that happens when i press the starter is that the metal cylinder thing attatched to the red battery wire clicks loudly. any idea what this means? could it be the wire going to the starter motor losing its charge to the frame because its worn somewhere?
more importantly... whats that little cylinder thing called?
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

SamRox
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 06 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your trying to start it, why not put it in 2nd gear and get someone to bump start ya??? lol

sam Mr. Green

2002 Yamaha Jog R - not fast or cool, but still a giggle to ride Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 06 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

because my clutch cable is rusted and wont move, so i binned it Very Happy
ever tried pushing an in-gear bike? hard work!
i might just re-wire the whole thing and replace all the rubber seals and tubes on it, then we'll see.
im going parts shopping tomorrow, wish me luck!
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green

Kram
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:48 - 10 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, i have 1 + 1/2 dreams i my garage. a 400 and remnence of a 250. was previously crashed (by me) and WAS rebuilding it... if you want some spare parts, come doen and take the lot off me.

I need the room for my next bike

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 10 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try bridging the two connectors on the solenoid (round metal thing with two wires attached to it) with a screwdriver as you press the starter... It may just work and if it does you need a new solenoid...

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 11 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Try bridging the two connectors on the solenoid (round metal thing with two wires attached to it) with a screwdriver as you press the starter... It may just work and if it does you need a new solenoid...

thanks diggs, i tried something similar, i took the solenoid off my 125 and tried that. same story. i was rooting around a bike breakers the other day (before i spoke to kram) and they said the starter motor must be seized up, which is a given i suppose, but i would have thought the click would have come from the starter motor.
anyway, ill get hold of a load of bits and re-wire the whole thing, then take apart the engine and attack it.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 18 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, with the help of some people on this forum, and adam from the optiflow forum, ive got the thing running for the first time in like 5 years! im chuffed to bits, its my first engine project, and theres nothing better than the sound of that engine spluttering for the first time.
thanks for the help, i appreciate it.
for those who dont know what that moment is like, heres video footage of it, theres like 20 other videos like this where nothing happened, this is the one where it started for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t42NX-JmKqk
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1