Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Tesco Premium Lager

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Tesco Premium Lager Reply with quote

I asked the missus to get me some lager from Tesco. She asked what, due to the nature of my farts today, I thought I'd give the Stella a miss. I said, 'Oh, something cheap, Carlsberg or Fosters'.
Picture my dismay when indeed, she did bring me back cheap lager, in the form of Tesco Premium Lager. It is actually not that bad, 5%, tastes quite hoppy, but a fairly unpleasant after taste ( on a par with Stella for general nastiness ) and of course the best bit... £2.47 for 4 cans. Great news for everyday boozers. I have seen they do a Super Strong at 9%, but I sort of retch when thinking about it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had the canned stuff, but the tesco stubbies give me splitting headaches. dunno why. I can happily sup the equivilant stuff from asda or sainsburies without feeling like death the day after. Personal choice for me is the aldi stubbies. 10 for £3.49.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:48 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stubbies are cracking when you want a lager hit. Open, Bosh! Ahhh.... (repeat x2)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold_Shand wrote:
Stubbies are cracking when you want a lager hit. Open, Bosh! Ahhh.... (repeat x2)


1st can tastes quite nice I have to say! Goes downhill once you crack open the second it seems. Neutral
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 x 330ml cans of 5% strength Burge Meester lager when I see my parents in Spain does the trick for me.

Best bit is that they're 3 euros for the 12 cans Laughing
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a quid? For 12 beers?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

About £2 for 12 cans, or for a massive 8 euros (£5-6) you can get a 5 litre keg of Warstiener or 5 euros gets you 5 litres of red wine and about 10 euros gets you 3 litres of vodka / whisky / brandy in a large plastic bottle hehe

I love that place Thumbs Up
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had the Tescos stuff before and its not too bad.
I prefer Fosters as Carling makes me burp really big styleee!
I have lime in mine anyway Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/31/3332/320/IMG_2036.0.jpg

From Lidl, I haven't had any in around 6 months, Very nice tho.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marcg868
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:24 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not bad that Tesco's stuff.

It beats Carling, carling has got to be the worst lager on earth, its fizzy pop Sick
____________________
JACK, MISS YOU LOADS YOU LEGEND.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:37 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stella all the way! Cool
____________________
04 zx10r with mods - 187.4bhp at the wheel! :o
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

aha-shake
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 27 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:50 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always found that the stubby bottles of French lager from any of the supermarkets but especially Tesco REEK of cannabis..

Grolsch has a similar but less pungent aroma too!

shake
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:58 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stella= Bad.


Turns me into a right horrible twat, when I normally go out for a drink, I am quite fun to be around, love having a laugh and meeting new people.


When I drink stella I HATE everybody and want to fight people, cause trouble and just generally be a cunt.



I dont drink it anymore, the missus banned me off stella a few yrs back, thank god for that.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:04 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Holsten Pils is the best lager from a shop. Carlsberg used to do one called 'Elephant' that I loved but it seems to have have been discontinued.

I hate the Becks/Lowenbrau taste, like someones dropped a fag end in the bottle. I agree that Carling from a can is cats piss, although Carling Premier from a barrel was the bollocks.

The most memorable pint was an absolutley amazing pint of... Budweiser, yeah, I know, but it was truly a treat. Incredibly clean. Me and my mate just popped into this little hotel bar to start the night before walking into town. We ended up staying until 2am. The owner was a big paddy, I asked him what time he shuts he said "I close for a couple of hours at Christmas" Thumbs Up Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

what have cheap lager and sex in a canoe got in common?

They are both fucking close to water.


Coat, exit.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_fisty wrote:
what have American beer and sex in a canoe got in common?

They are both fucking close to water.


Fixed.

God I want some real beer. Crying or Very sad
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really "do" lager unless it's Kronk, but I did try the Tesco Bitter which made the world fall out of my bottom! The best by far though is Sainsbury's Parkin Special bitter 18 cans £12, lovely stuff has to be the "special" though as they do a cheaper Parkin bitter which is drinkable if you're already pissed. Thumbs Up
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

california_rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:22 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee, you bastard.

We've got great fuckin' beer over here. Just so happens, the majority of rednecks prefer Budweiser, Coors, Corona, etc.

The various varieties of California's own Sierra Nevada and Stone Ales are fan-fucking-tastic and have more flavor than anything I've tasted from that sad little island you used to call home. Twisted Evil
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/californiarookie/04gsxr600/
https://www.myspace.com/spapadillion
https://steamcommunity.com/id/spapadillion
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

tesco do a brand called boheme
its about 75p a can and i think its great
its a czech pilsner lager
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
its about 75p a can and its a czech pilsner lager


so it tastes like sucking a copper penny then Smile
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 05 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh ?
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:53 - 06 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

california_rookie wrote:
McGee, you bastard.

We've got great fuckin' beer over here. Just so happens, the majority of rednecks prefer Budweiser, Coors, Corona, etc.

The various varieties of California's own Sierra Nevada and Stone Ales are fan-fucking-tastic and have more flavor than anything I've tasted from that sad little island you used to call home. Twisted Evil


True that there are some right nice beers out here.

I just like moaning Laughing Wink
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 116.48 Kb