Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

please help im skint

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:59 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: please help im skint Reply with quote

monday morning go to fire me nsr up and nothing
my starter moter has had it guy at a bike garage said the solenoid is working as there is a clicking noise any ideas what it might be so me mates dad can fix it he is good with electrical issues im not though its not the end of the world it bumps off alrite its just i want to do me full liscence practical this week on my bike
thanks Wink

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:36 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure, but I would clean up all the electrical contacts going to the starter motor. Also, try removing it and see if the starter turns over without any load.

I take it the battery is OK.

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 20:06 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure its the starter motor?

It was just a dodgey spark plug for me.
You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 22:44 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to do what I just did! Win some moeny! WOoooo!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:47 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on then, what did you win?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 16:03 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not a bad idea Annabella any idea as to which lottery numbers will come up tomorrow? Laughing

how much did you win and on what?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

anna, please may i have some to buy a zxr!!??!?!

Please

Very Happy Razz Wink Embarassed

TJ

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 10:43 - 29 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! I didnt win that much!

Just a small cash prize, the gap year scheme Im on is sponsored by industrial companies (Like TRW, GKN Rolls Royce, QuinetiQ, etc etc) and at the end of the year we have to display what we've done at a company exhibition (which was on Thursday). We have to enter a competition called the EEF Contribution tothe business award.

Me, having contributed lots to the business all year - if you count photocopying and making coffee - had to make up some worthy quantifiable input. I did a great job of bullshitting, got shortlisted to the final 10, had to do a presentation, got shortkisted to final 3, had to do presentation in front of everyone, then came second! WOOOHOOOO! My skills of lying are awesome. I only won about 2 weeks wages - but hehe hehe its more than nothing eh? Itll go towards my NC

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 10:48 - 29 Jun 2002    Post subject: ...... Reply with quote

mine did that it wold just make a fats clicking noise but wouldnt start.... it turned out to be a phuked battery
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1