Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: L plates? Reply with quote

Does anyone use them on there cbt licence??? Twisted Evil

Iain
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:00 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur ment to,

a lot of ppl dont,

but if u get stopped by the feds and have a producer and ur without Ls ud probably get 3 points and a small fine (60£),

if ur envolved in an accident with no Ls ur FUKED!!!! (esp if u hit a third party)

Twisted Evil

its ur choice but be careful!

tJ

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 18:17 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a really small one on the front mudguard where you couldn't really see it and the cracked off remains of the one on the back numberplate. Had the other bit under my seat in case. Never got any grief about that and it's probably better than blatently not having any at all.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 18:37 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to have one on the back numberplate, i put one on the front for my test as well.
always nice to overtake people, and then they realise they've just been overtaken by a learner.

MaRTiN
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i got pulled for sppedin on my NSR b4 passin my test the pigs threatened to do me for not havin a front L-Plate. The worst thing was they were anti-bike pigs parked hidden in a junction and i was followin 2 cars at 40 in a 30. They pull me and give 3 points and £60 fine. At least 3 points has not effected my insurance on my new ZXR thank God.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 23:29 - 27 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a big L on the screen at the front and i had one at the back under the number plate until a few days ago when 3/4 of it snapped off while i was being naughty and breaking the speed limit just a little.

im not gonna rush to replace it though, if i get stopped i'll just say "what? when the fuck did that fall off!?!?!?"

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:07 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one on the front...for three days before it 'fell off'.
I had one on the back on and off for just over a year but the last time it came off was about six months, I mean miles ago and I couldnt be arsed to put it back on, I mean I hadnt noticed guv.

I will put em on for my test tho.

uglykidjoe
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

most ppl cant be arsed keepin em on cos in most cases theyll fall off or you cant be bothered keepin a big fat white sticker on the front/back of your shiny nice bike. i just cut out the front one and stuck it on the mudguard, but seariously has anyone on this forum been pulled or know anyone who has for their L plates?

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 09:33 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

L plates can work for you or against you...some dumb fuc*ers see the L plates as an excuse for dangerously overtaking you etc...whilst some (like me Cool ) are more considerate, and are more understanding if someone stalls etc...

I would advise that you keep 'em on for a little while, especially through the first phase of the running-in period, where you're restricted to around 45mph (5k rpm in 6th) for the first 500 miles...
...it might also be useful just to keep em on whilst you get fully accomodated with the bike/riding...if a copper sees you riding erratically with L-plates, it wouldn't think much of it (unless it's in a bad mood), but if it doesn't see the plates, then it may pull you over...

...but all in all, it's up to you...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rs125
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:43 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had L-plates why I started riding. Passed test, removed L plates. Got 6 points, back down to learner but I can be bothered puting l plates on this time.

I Know a few people done for only have 1 plates. 3 points £60. Somebody got 6 points because its seen as riding without a correct licence.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:01 - 28 Jun 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whadda ya get your points for???

curryhead
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 07:43 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use them i dont care if i look silly. i took one off once when i rode a moped and i got pulled over by plod and i just got a producer. when i went to the police station the helmet inside didnt realy care he told me to just take both off next time. If the copper that pulls you over is a probationer then they try and get you in as much shit as poss because they are new and have to get enough people in trouble other wise they get in trouble, see

rs125
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:02 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Whadda ya get your points for???

speeding
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1