Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


1989 FZR400R Exup

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Sephiroth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:05 - 21 Mar 2007    Post subject: 1989 FZR400R Exup Reply with quote

I'm selling my FZR400. I bought it at the start of January and have ridden about 7000km on it. It's done me well.

The tax runs out on the 31st December (I believe) and the MOT runs until 1st August 2007.

So far I've had the forks sorted as the seals were leaking badly. I've had new brake pads as well as the calipers cleaned. It's having an oil change and filter change at this very moment and about last month it had a new air filter and cam chain tensioner (the previous one was a bit rattly).

It's also just recently had a brand new rear tire. A BT90 I believe (18" rear wheel makes it hard to get any rubber!).

It will pass MOT easily come August and I have a spare indicator (new) as the previous owner dropped the bike from a stand still and indicator snapped off (the current one is duct taped up!).

Oh it's also had a brand new (yes, brand new) fuel tap as the old one snapped off when I changed it to reserve two months ago!

Fuel wise I have done 229km of hard riding to a tank, including reserve. Before reserve you're looking at 180~km which is about 112 miles to the tank (not bad I'd say).

Test rides are welcome as long as cash is paid as deposit.

Any more info required then PM me but I'll probably remember something in about twenty minutes so I'll update this.

Here are some pictures.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/IMG_0554.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture001-2.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture007-1.jpg

Pictures from previous owner.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Dscf0037.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Dscf0040.jpg

Oh and the bike also comes with the standard can, a straight through race can (with not road legal grinded off!) and a stubby race can from A16 road and race.

The link pipe for the stubby is kind of stuck on the can as I used too much gasket seal...

Few more pictures.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture001-3.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture002-3.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture003-3.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 30.28 Kb