Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How Gordon Broon has bum raped us and we didn;t even notice.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 03:04 - 22 Mar 2007    Post subject: How Gordon Broon has bum raped us and we didn;t even notice. Reply with quote

I was reading this article and its just shocking how much we cough up to feed that fat, baggy eyed cunt so he can literally pour our cash down the drain.....

Some of my favourites include
Quote:
Traffic wardens to receive powers to impose fines for a whole bunch of offences to keep poor people off the roads. The offences will include parking more than 19 inches from the kerb (£100) and dithering by people who are lost over, and who don't know whether to make a turn or keep straight on

Quote:
£250 per hour charge from the fire brigade for non-fire-related call-outs, e.g. clearing up after road accidents and rescuing pussy cats from trees

Quote:
Hospital Car Parking • Our correspondent C.O. has pointed out: "At our local hospital, parking over the last four years has increased from £1 per 24 hours (come and go, midnight to midnight) to £2 (maybe more now) for every visit of more that 30 minutes." This is a shameless tax on the sick.

Quote:
Repeat Prescription Tax • Prescriptions last only 56 days now. Previously, they lasted up to 112 days – so costs for some people have doubled. The logic, apparently, is that people often don't take all of their tablets; BUT it still means that those who do have doubled costs. And it means twice the work for hard-pressed GPs. [with thanks to our correspondent S.M.]

More here....
https://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/garbagegate/item2/stealth.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 08:54 - 22 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be thick then, because i struggle to buy food and i'm on a decent wage.

I've noticed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:26 - 22 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought of you starving away like an african during a famine. I never realised Gordon Brown was doing us all a favour Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pwntifex
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 22 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
You must be thick then, because i struggle to buy food and i'm on a decent wage.

I've noticed.

Never been a student, then.
Can of beans and a loaf of bread from netto, under 99p. Sorted.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 15:39 - 22 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop changing the avatar....it's weird!!... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:12 - 22 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bit i didnt like was that for income tax, low earners like myself on £10k to £18k who dont have kids lose out, while those with kids or people on higher salaries gain

havnt done the analysis myself but some bloke on the radio said this

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin, KPMG did it and if you earn less than £17k then you're worse off (generally speaking). Any more and you're better off, up until a peak of £35k and then it falls back slightly (due to the National Insurance payment ceiling being raised).

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:17 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm earning just over 15k right now and according to the MSN budget calculator whatsit I'm benefiting ever so slightly. Having heard reports I was pretty angry thinking I was going to be losing out, but it seems not (if they have their figures right).

Still angry about it though, I spent a good few years earning less than this and people with low incomes don't deserve to pay more tax!!

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: How Gordon Broon has bum raped us and we didn;t even not Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
I was reading this article and its just shocking how much we cough up to feed that fat, baggy eyed cunt so he can literally pour our cash down the drain.....

So apart from ranting daily on an internet forum, what exactly are you going to about it?

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 12:17 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair if you've parked more than 19 inches from the kerb you deserve to get fined.

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 12:17 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Colin, KPMG did it and if you earn less than £17k then you're worse off (generally speaking). Any more and you're better off, up until a peak of £35k and then it falls back slightly (due to the National Insurance payment ceiling being raised).

but for those on over 35k, does it fall back to above or below what it was before?

a

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 16:50 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: How Gordon Broon has bum raped us and we didn;t even not Reply with quote

m99dws wrote:
So apart from ranting daily on an internet forum, what exactly are you going to about it?

Here we go again, another sad, apathy ridden guy who thinks just because someone sharing a bit of information (and having a rant about it) is a negative thing.

For starters, next time round I'll vote for anyone other than labour.

Secondly by sharing this kind of information I may help others make their mind up to not vote labour, so 'apart from ranting daily' I am infact helping my own cause by possibly helping others change their mind on things.

And if a c*nt like you doesn't like reading my rants then don't fucking read them.....I seem to recall your the same spastic who moaned that the general chat section wasn't bike related enough and that it was diluting the purity of BCF. Fuck me if you don't like reading peoples views on current affairs then don't fucking read them.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 17:08 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, in retrospect that harsh assesment of M99 will probably result in this thread devolving into a flame war, so as off now I'm not even gonna bother responding Whistle Laughing

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: How Gordon Broon has bum raped us and we didn;t even not Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:

Here we go again, another sad, apathy ridden guy who thinks just because someone sharing a bit of information (and having a rant about it) is a negative thing.

No, it's just the same anti-government stuff day in day out.

craigie b wrote:

For starters, next time round I'll vote for anyone other than labour.

Well done, an actual answer or part of at least. Does 'next time I'll vote for anyone other than labour' mean you voted for them in the 1st place? So it's partly your fault then?

craigie b wrote:

Secondly by sharing this kind of information I may help others make their mind up to not vote labour, so 'apart from ranting daily' I am infact helping my own cause by possibly helping others change their mind on things.

Help others? Do you think the valid alternatives are better or worse? You don't seem to direct anyone towards an alternative, so it's just another labour-is-shit thread. I would suggest standing yourself if you are that concerned. Ranting daily about the same topic isn't really being pro-active.

craigie b wrote:

And if a c*nt like you doesn't like reading my rants then don't fucking read them.....I seem to recall your the same spastic who moaned that the general chat section wasn't bike related enough and that it was diluting the purity of BCF. Fuck me if you don't like reading peoples views on current affairs then don't fucking read them.

At least try to keep it on topic instead of turning it into a petty insult match. It was a simple question, requiring a simple answer, which you have yet to provide, other than "I'll vote someone else next time" genius that one! Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzi81 wrote:
I'm earning just over 15k right now and according to the MSN budget calculator whatsit I'm benefiting ever so slightly. Having heard reports I was pretty angry thinking I was going to be losing out, but it seems not (if they have their figures right).

Still angry about it though, I spent a good few years earning less than this and people with low incomes don't deserve to pay more tax!!

you are losing out the MSN calculator I think assumes working tax credit, because my own calculations said any body earning less than 19600ish is worse off,

the marginal rate above 5.6K will be 31% , compared to 33% of anything above 7K (below 7K but above 5K marginal rate = 21%).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 23 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

feef wrote:
but for those on over 35k, does it fall back to above or below what it was before?

Above, just not as much above as someone at £35k (due to the continuing NI contributions).

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 21:44 - 24 Mar 2007    Post subject: Re: How Gordon Broon has bum raped us and we didn;t even not Reply with quote

m99dws wrote:

No, it's just the same anti-government stuff day in day out.

Day in day out? I haven't been on these forums on a daily basis in over three month so I have no idea where you are basing this notion on, other than harbouring an obvious grudge from months ago when I PM'ed you saying....Fuck off.

Quote:
Well done, an actual answer or part of at least. Does 'next time I'll vote for anyone other than labour' mean you voted for them in the 1st place? So it's partly your fault then?

I never did vote for labour, choosing not to vote. Next time I will though.

Quote:
Help others? Do you think the valid alternatives are better or worse? You don't seem to direct anyone towards an alternative, so it's just another labour-is-shit thread. I would suggest standing yourself if you are that concerned. Ranting daily about the same topic isn't really being pro-active.

As I said if you don't like it don't read it. See the tag for current affairs...Vent your spleen on the issues of the day, but keep it civil please!

So the question is, if this is the thread you vent your spleen over current affiars then what if your fucking problem? Your a fucking Kiwi anyway so what does it matter to you. More over if your issue is simply not liking to read my posts then choose your right not to, but don't moan at me or send me fucking ridiculous PM's moaning that the BCF General Banter isn't bike related enough.

Quote:
At least try to keep it on topic instead of turning it into a petty insult match. It was a simple question, requiring a simple answer, which you have yet to provide, other than "I'll vote someone else next time" genius that one! Thumbs Up

Sorry mate, you lost the right to not be insulted when you singled out my threads to send me PM's. You lost that right when you stated I post this stuff day in day out, when I haven't even been that active over the past three months.

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 24 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your a fucking Kiwi anyway so what does it matter to you
Hi. Just to be pedantic m99dws is actually a brit ex pat from Darlington and hasn't been in NZ for that long (less than 6 month maybe?), good luck to him, he has escaped the hell I call the UK. Twisted Evil

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 24 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh up, less of the "spastic" comments please. That word, used in that context, has almost been banished from the English language.

Anyway, what happened to free speech? There is so much shit to talk about with this government screwing things up, I enjoy reading everyones comments.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 01:35 - 25 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Eh up, less of the "spastic" comments please. That word, used in that context, has almost been banished from the English language.

'I think you'll find it's Scope.'

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 25 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
cestrian wrote:

'I think you'll find it's Scope.'

I think you'll find that Scope is the name of a charity which raises money to help people affected by cerebral palsy. The charity that used to be called the Spastics Society.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:26 - 25 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find you missed the reference entirely. Rolling Eyes

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 25 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Eh up, less of the "spastic" comments please.

cestrian wrote:
Anyway, what happened to free speech?

Superb Thumbs Up Laughing

alliamc
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:36 - 25 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested to know more about the tax changes, I like to read everyone's opinions, I want to know what is happening to my money considering that I am in that awkward tax bracket that could be worse off so I like it when someone puts up a comment about it, even if it's a rant, it's just more information for me to process. Why is there always someone who makes a comment against that sharing of information?

Thanks Craigie B for starting this thread.

So can we go back to the issues rather than making personal comments about eachother?

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 00:15 - 27 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eh up, less of the "spastic" comments please.

Why on earth would you want to remove that word from the english lanuage? I mean mongaloid is quite good, but it just doesn't hit the mark quite as well.

Anyhoo, your welcome Alli Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 36 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2